Thread: FIFA Soccer Manager 97

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Default FIFA Soccer Manager 97

Since my computer won't run games with any graphical demands, I tried FSM 97 for the first time in nearly a decade. Playing it brings back memories, Ally McCoist still at Rangers, Romario and Bebeto still on the scene.

Comparing FSM97 to more modern managerial games, in some ways it seems like they haven't improved that much. I prefer being able to see my players, 10 pixels each though they may be, playing on the park with the crowd in your custom built stadium cheering them on. Much better than being told "X passes to Y" as in the championship manager series, followed by blobs gliding across the field in later versions. One feature I really loved was the stadium builder, that was a game in itself almost. I've missed seing players hit headers of the ground in front of them then watch the ball bounce over the bar from 30 yards. Has anyone ever scored from that BTW?

Anyway, when I was playing today I scored the most spectacular goal of all time. J Campos, who was the keeper for Carlisle in my game, scored from a goal kick. I used to play this game for hours on end a decade ago and I never saw anything like it. Just stirring up some nostalgia about this game.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Default Re: FIFA Soccer Manager 97

if This is posted, then I could post reply here.

sorry yesterday my post didnt appear so I decided to create new thread
    now would you continue the discussion here or at my thread?