Thread: Where can I get information on EB2?

Default Where can I get information on EB2?

I've been hearing news of a Europa Barbarorum 2. Is this true? If so, is there a thread/forum I can look at?

In general, how is progress coming along with EB? I think it's a great mod, especially considering it's been done by enthusiasts, rather than programmers who get paid to do it. Obviously, as it's still BETA (I assume, as it is <0) there are typos (Roman has a capital "R"!), missing descriptions etc. but generally I like the feel of it.

So: where can I get the low-down on progress/future updates/etc.? Anything I can help with - anything you guys are struggling with?

Also, have you guys considered changing the name? It might broaden the appeal - everyone assumes it's a minor Gaul/Europe mod or something. If you like the name, maybe just change it to "Orbis Barbarorum"/"Mundus Barbarorum"? Or just "Barbari"? That would let you keep your motto.

Or maybe something closer to the original title ("Bellum Maximum")? Or what about just calling it "War" and having "war" in all the factions' languages (and letterings, if possible) in the background?

Sorry if you're not meant to suggest this, but I thought it would make sense.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Where can I get information on EB2?

EB2 was announced back in Oktober in this thread, but AFAIK no information has been released about it other than two possible faction symbols in the Easter preview.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

Default Re: Where can I get information on EB2?

this is probably really the best place for info on EB II, its unknown if or when we will open an EB forum on the M2TW fora, since all of our fans and developers come to this one.

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

It might broaden the appeal - everyone assumes it's a minor Gaul/Europe mod or something.
    I don't think I need to speak up for the EB team, but if you browse mods, and eventually find EB, you look at the faq and discover it's a TC.
    If you're looking at a downloads center (that shows file size, number of times downloaded, stuff like that) and you see the EB download, you can pretty much guess it's not a minor mod.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

But still, wouldn't a different title make more sense?

Also, is EB2 going to be an M2TW mod or just a better RTW one?

EB II is for M2TW. Or perhaps for the Kingdoms expansion.

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

Oh right, so judging from the thread it's a mod for M2 but it's still going to be set in the era of the Roman Empire?

it will cover the same time period as EB I

Beta Tester, Emeritus Member Al-Masri's Avatar

If its for the Expansion Kingdoms, then nearly everything will be moddable per a CA interview on twcenter.
    All Hail Our Lord of Chester,
    Prince of Aquitaine, Duke of Cornwall, Prince of Wales
    Edward of Woodstock,
    The Black Prince

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

Well being able to mod everything sounds a bit too good to be true, but I think you guys should make it for the expansion so it would not be like EB1 which is not officially for BI, plus if it comes out in the fall there's a lot of stuff you could do before Kingdom comes out converting the models, the descriptions etc. without "locking in" EB2 into M2TW without the expansion.
    Just my opinion I don't pretend to try to tell you what to do.
    Last edited by Redmeth; 04-27-2007 at 17:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Masri
    If its for the Expansion Kingdoms, then nearly everything will be moddable per a CA interview on twcenter.
    Interesting - do you know where I can read that interview (i.e. do you have a link at all)?

Beta Tester, Emeritus Member Al-Masri's Avatar

All Hail Our Lord of Chester,
    Prince of Aquitaine, Duke of Cornwall, Prince of Wales
    Edward of Woodstock,
    The Black Prince

Thanks very much! :D