Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YellowMelon's Guide to M2TW Multiplayer

Default Re: YellowMelon's Guide to M2TW Multiplayer

And thus my point proven that the total war community can even turn a simple guide thread into some form of argument.

Been there done that blah blah blah

On a more serious note please keeep it calm guys debate all you want just keep it clean.

Tib

"A lamb goes to the slaughter but a man, he knows when to walk away."

Tib once ate 25 orios all at once :o

Thats a ban I think Monarch, how dare you disrespect the wonderful .org, p.s., how are we meant to flame if all mad cats posts are edited, .org style wasnt even upheld by putting the stupid flower there....

P.S. If anyone took my post seriously then you are more stupid than half the discussions on this forum.

Excellent post Melon, Very helpfull for all players, for the new ones to start somewere ,and the old ones to refresh the principles for playing it right .
    It is brave of you to open the box of know-how.

cc.
    The way I see it ,You look better and better I had a misconseption about you after I looked for first time your signature Avatar:).
    I was shocked.

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -Silent-Someguy
    I didnt say it was all bad advice, I said alot was. Learn to take critisicm, you're always dishing it out on the CCS forums about how the .org sucks.
    Considering the source on the org opinion . As Melon suggested, your opinion doesn't carry much weight without some detail to why you believe the advice is bad. Differences of opinion are welcome, however disrespect is not.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

I can happily give you suggestions as how to improve the .org without being sarcastic if you want.

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus
    I can happily give you suggestions as how to improve the .org without being sarcastic if you want.
    We have the Watchtower for that so feel free to to post suggestions: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=26

CBR

Auspicious Interceptor Member YellowMelon's Avatar

Yay less than a week after I finish the guide 1.2 is out! My predictions failed me! Oh well, time to test and rewrite this behemoth.

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Thanks CBR I was going to suggest that.
    Good job Melon, Murphy's Law strikes again and the new patch is here. I hope it addresses most of the issues that bung up game-play for the MP crowd, you guys deserve a break.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

overall good job nice movies

For all those who are a bit astonished when reading this lines (1.2 patch is official released):
    http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?p...l&nav=/us/7/3/

Ok, let's see how MTW 2 feels now.

P.S. Melon you are on my list.
    Last edited by Fenix7; 05-05-2007 at 08:35.
    ''Constant training is the only Way to learn strategy.''

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aonar
    For all those who are a bit astonished when reading this lines (1.2 patch is official released):
    http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?p...l&nav=/us/7/3/
    That link is about patch for MTW/VI and the Gold edition?

CBR

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goalie
    Your nose is brownest mad cat mech.

You are not doing yourself or anyone else any good by trashing Melon's hard work to help out begining players. I wont dispute that you may have been the one who "pioneered" one of the most devestaing pike formations as there is really no way to tell for sure. Although in my opinion it is highly unlikely. Maybe you wouldn't mind joining over at the CCS forums and sharing your great wisdom with us. Just off hand, what is your in game name?
    Mad Cat Mech's ... unique writing style, and the picture in his profile, suggest he is the same as Hunter_Hornet.

I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of "meeting" you online or in battle YellowMelon, but I have noticed your posts over the last couple of years at the various clan forums. Nice job on your guide. Even though I don't play online anymore, I still enjoy popping in and reading about what's going on when I have a bit of down time, particularly when it's well-organized and written, and presented with the intent of adding value.

Every once in a while I peek into this forum to see what's being argued. Each time I have lately, I confirm my decision not to buy M2TW or play online anymore--and it has little to do with the game itself. Now that I have a life again, and spend very little time playing games online, I chuckle at how I got sucked into all of this completely insignificant child's play. I see the posturing and blustering, and can't help but laugh. Part of that laugh is at my former self--I behaved in similar fashion from time to time in the past, caught up in the MP gang thing. How silly. I pity those who, like I did once, invest honest time and energy delivering useful information and tools to an audience rife with sphincters. But I respect those who manage to maintain their dignity and decorum here at the Org, despite being constantly bashed. Cheers to you folks. To the rest of you--when you find yourselves in a Real Life Sucks! situation, listen closely and you might hear me laughing. What comes around goes around. Heh, I know that just as well as anyone.

There was a time when I thoroughly enjoyed TW MP games ... and the majority of the MP folks I played with regularly. That time is gone, and I seriously doubt it will ever be like it was. Oh well, all things end. Onward, to new things.
    Last edited by Togakure; 05-05-2007 at 02:41.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

ah! masamune nice to hear from you. always enjoyed those conversations on the mtw/vi lobby. you taught me quite a bit to get me started in playing on mtw/vi

of course it took me a while to find out what happened to you i hope one day our paths might cross again.

cheers m8

in response to someone else suggesting i go over to ccs to share my wisdom. i would prefer not to because the atmosphere is not as regulated there as it is here and tend to get somewhat offended when involved in profane discussions. im more a freelancer and i learn a lot of my tactics on my own. some work some dont. its all for fun win or lose. in my book everyone wins if a game is fought in a good spirit.

i hope one day to make ascension into the ranks of elmos standards and become a junior router expert. hopefully im quickly on my way to becoming one. it is often times funner being a punching bag than it is being the one to do the punching.
    Last edited by pike master; 05-05-2007 at 06:38.

''Constant training is the only Way to learn strategy.''

Doesnt Masamune's post fit under this category.

-We do the impossible every day, miracles take a bit longer- Air Force Motto

Hi there! Hadn't played Total War for ages, but then I bought Medieval 2.

I've been busy conquering the world in the campaign so here's another singleplayer Total War fan who's transforming to Multiplayer. I really liked your guide, you brought up stuff I haven't even thought of. Playing against the AI is so much different. Any dramatic changes in the new (huge) patch?

Glad to see my account is still here, I made this like ages ago during RTW or something like that.
    Last edited by WannabeGosu; 05-24-2007 at 13:02.

Yes the new patch has made this guide mostly worthless, but I'll have a new one up in the next few weeks...hopefully =D

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YellowMelon
    Yes the new patch has made this guide mostly worthless, but I'll have a new one up in the next few weeks...hopefully =D

Or I can write one for you........

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

Well done Melon. It's wasted here in this forum, but you did a nice job. You should post the new one at the MMM TW MP community forum, where it will get the attention it deserves.

Once again, very well done.
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

I am back Mel! if u need me to help u with ure next edition ill gladly do my best :P
    All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope - Sir Winston Churchill

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As Requested, this shall be sticked.

The Couch Knight Member =NF=RuzSkullen's Avatar

well done Yellow, I just found this. Man no wonder your armies were always saving me when we played randoms games. good post

This is for 1.1, has little to no applicability any more :(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12