Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reign of Ares (tbs, city mod, new units, fixes and more) to eb with bi

Default Reign of Ares (tbs, city mod, new units, fixes and more) to eb with bi

download
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1480
    1. Install a fresh copy of RTW and BI, patch it to 1.6.
    2. Install EB
    3. EB with BI:
    - Make a shortcut with a targetline:
    "your install folder\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:eb -nm -show_err
    - make a copy of
    your install folder\eb\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaiagn
    and rename that copy to barbarian_invasion (you should now have two folders in that location)
    -delete
    your install folder\eb\data\world\maps\base\map.rwm and from Bi\data\world\maps\base
    4.Unzip the file
    5. Copy from RoA EB folder and copy into your Rome directory, overwrite all files.
    6.Delete map.rwm from RTW\Data\world\maps\base and from BI\Data\world\maps\base and from EB\Data\maps\base
    8. Play from Provincial Campaign or EB Campaign or CB

What is Reign of Ares
    New units - (CB)-only in CB
    Syracusian Hoplitai, Athenaioi Hoplitai(CB),Korinthos Hoplitai(CB),Tarentine Hoplitai, Euboieis Hoplitai(CB), Barus Hoplitai, Tachys Hoplitai, Thebai Hoplitai, Etruria Hoplitai, Spartiatai Hoplitai(300)(CB), Bann Mawgan, Makednikoi Sarissphoroi, Seleukeia Sarissphoroi, Hypaspistai, Chaonion Hypaspistai, Numidian Light Infantry, Numidian Regulars, Thrakioi Psilai, Numidian Heavy Spearman, Desert Spearmen, Bedouin Warriors, Arab Infantry, Dorkim Poeni, Agema Peltastoi(macedon), Agema Peltastoi(epir), Pontik Agema, Celt-Iberian Spearman, Argyraspides Peltastoi(seleucid), Euzonoi, Spartiatai Sarissophori(Cleomenes III reform), Argyraspides Legeonarioi, Legeonarioi( seleucid), Lonchophoroi Scutari, Legeonarioi(pont), Kartadis Legeonarioi(ptol), Prima Cohors Reformata, Prima Cohors Imperatoria Dorkim Leebi Edamin (Liby Heavy Infantry(late)), African Pikemen,Chiliarchiai Pontik Thorakitai, Hipparchia Prodromoi (Successor Medium Cavalry),Aitolia Prodromoi ,Etruria Hastati,Lucan Hastati,Lucan Spearmen,Umbrian Hastati,Umbrian Spearmen,Picenian Principes ,Dorkim Aloopim Mesoorianim(Elite African Spearman)?,Chiliarchiai Agema Pontik Thorakitai and some change in skins
    This is some units from RoA 1.0

-full city mod 2.1 with my change
    -some fixes to stability with new ctd rebel fix (rtr style)
    -night batles
    -TBS 0.4 new battle system , Sinuhet with Darth an Thorlof formation Ai in one with adjust(my) to EB with Bi, Shield wall, schiltrom , units can swim, warcry adds, realistic troop numbers 1:10 (in huge)1 strategiai(or another name) sarissoforoi (1500-1600men)-160, 1 Chiliarchiai hoplits,psiloi,and other hellenistic infantry -(1000) 100. Ile (300-500)-48 horsmen. Romans hastati, princeps-120(1200 in early legion) triari - 60(600) cohort postmarian- 48(480) first cohort-80(800), alae- 48(400-500) horsmen, ala miliariae-100(1000) socii, auxiliare. )Others 100-200 in infantry, 48-100 horse this is link to TBS 0.4 to clean EB with bi -only battle system[http://files.filefront.com/TBS041rar.../fileinfo.html and fix http://files.filefront.com/testdescr.../fileinfo.html
    -new cost of units - now army states is more realistic
    -new price in trade
    -new building to Seleucid, Ptolemaioi, Pontus- Legionarioi but huge cost an time
    -new light file (4 version)
    -new mercenary modyfications
    -new battlefield by Beleg
    -new win condition
    -money script
    -alternative EDU with EB number of troops
    -lots of small change in others files
    Thanx
    King Luis Assurbanipal,Limes, LAca, Titus Andronicus,Sinuhet, Darth, MarcusAureliusAntoninus, Goth, Saniol, Beleg, Sacred Legionary, Southern Hunter, JMRC, mlp071, Sheep, Redmeth
    And EB Team - yours mod is the best
    PS Sorry for my english
    PS

TBS 0.41 http://files.filefront.com/TBS041rar.../fileinfo.html
    and fix http://files.filefront.com/testdescr.../fileinfo.html
    Last edited by Thorlof; 07-13-2007 at 18:43.

Default Re: Reign of Ares (tbs, city mod, new units, fixes and more) to eb with bi

Congratulations for your new release. It is a good submod for the EB.
    My question for you would be if you fixed the rebel CTD problem, when using BI.exe. I played your 3.0 mod but once in a while, when there was a rebellion in AI faction, during AI turn, there followed a nasty CTD. When using RTW.exe the CTD almost disapaired.
    von Neurath

Default Re: Reign of Ares (tbs, city mod, new units, fixes and more) to eb with bi

Oh, looks very nice. 've been looking forward to that for a long time

Edit: Omg, what did you do? I just installed your mod and found out that every unit has 2 hitpoints and an incredible defence! That's madness! An average battle in EB already lasts long enough. But I like the new units, especially because they have existed and add a lot of realism to the game.
    Last edited by Basileus Seleukeia; 05-02-2007 at 15:55.

Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    Visit https://www.HellenicGenocide.org

Question before I download...

I have these submods on the game right now:

1st Cohort Mod
    Watchman's EB with BI
    Changed Money Scripts
    Elephants fix

Will this submod work fine? And does this add more realism, besides the 300? That is the reason I love EB. Thanks in advance.
    Europa Barbarorum is best mod ever...

Sorry for this post again but what is this download for?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorlof

-TBS 0.4 new battle system , Sinuhet with Darth an Thorlof formation Ai in one with adjust(my) to EB with Bi, Shield wall, schiltrom , units can swim, warcry adds, realistic troop numbers 1:10 (in huge)1 strategiai(or another name) sarissoforoi (1500-1600men)-160, 1 Chiliarchiai hoplits,psiloi,and other hellenistic infantry -(1000) 100. Ile (300-500)-48 horsmen. Romans hastati, princeps-120(1200 in early legion) triari - 60(600) cohort postmarian- 48(480) first cohort-80(800), alae- 48(400-500) horsmen, ala miliariae-100(1000) socii, auxiliare. )Others 100-200 in infantry, 48-100 horse this is link to TBS 0.4 to clean EB with bi http://files.filefront.com/TBS04rar/.../fileinfo.html but compatable with City mod- you must delete ; in 2 units Prima Cohors Reformata and Prima Cohors Imperatoria in EDU

Oh I clicked on the download and it's the TBS 0.4, but doesn't the 1st download link have it already? How come we are given a sepeate link for the TBS?

Sorry for so many questions it's just this sounds soo cool.
    Last edited by Xhin_Akuma; 05-02-2007 at 16:15.

Started a Seleucid Campaign now and saw that the Seleucids now have 6 Heavy Assault units to guard the flanks. It's really sad that you can only have 20 units in one army, because so we can never use them all.
    Thorlof, do you know how an standard Seleucid Army was built? Perhaps can include all of these units in my army this way, by using historical armys.

1. added rebel city CTD fix, oasis ctd fix, Tuat Celtiberian alliance script fix
    Quote Originally Posted by Basileus Seleukeia
    Edit: Omg, what did you do? I just installed your mod and found out that every unit has 2 hitpoints and an incredible defence! That's madness!
    not this not madness. If play you understad- attack from flank not front.
    3.Xhin_Akuma no problem.RoA overwite this file. Some nonhistoric units its only in CB
    4.http://files.filefront.com/TBS04rar/.../fileinfo.html this link to TBS 0.4- only 4 files to clean Eb with bi . First link http://files.filefront.com/Reign_of_.../fileinfo.html this is full RoA
    5.not only guards flank . historic army hm 25000 sarissafori,21000 heavy and light inf,10000 cav. and some elef and char.

Ah thanks Thorlof, I've played a few battles and now understand that this isn't madness. This is Sparta
    Thanks for the info on the historical army, but I meant something like Thoraktai, but I think this is beyond natural knowledge. I'll better see if I can lay hands on "The Seleucid Army" by Bar-Kochva.
    Last edited by Basileus Seleukeia; 05-02-2007 at 17:11.

Good lord. Thorlof, I want to say I liked your mini-mod, and appreciate your hard work. I love the units, but what really put me off was the prolonged battle time, the 2hp for EVERY unit, the exagerated amount of mnai necessary to recruit cavalry, and the 0 turn recruit time. I mean, come on, the enemy will swarm those pesky levies every turn! In my Romani campaign I can build a super army in one season! I really don't like this one, but keep going and thank you.

This is awesome minimod. I know it's going to be popular.

MindLich- Yes this is real in history-Hannibal or Pyrrus destroy one roman army SPQR build another , but if you play hellenistic state uuu this is hard. 1-8 turn recruit time and very high cost of units.
    Last edited by Thorlof; 05-03-2007 at 07:32.

I think it's just very very exagerated. Maybe you will realize. Anyway I would really like to play this mod if it wouldn't for those things so I will be checking on it. In the meantime I will play Watchman's take on units.

hmm..im having problems now...whenever I get into a campaign (loading or new game), there is no fog of war on the map like I did that toggle_fow console command cheat and I see everything like cities and what's built in them. And whenever I exit the campaign I keep getting CTDs. Are these suppose to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Xhin_Akuma
    hmm..im having problems now...whenever I get into a campaign (loading or new game), there is no fog of war on the map like I did that toggle_fow console command cheat and I see everything like cities and what's built in them. And whenever I exit the campaign I keep getting CTDs. Are these suppose to happen?
    In me game fog of war is happen. I dont now why in your game this not fog of war. In exit, yes ctd but i dont now why i working for this but simple I dont now

2 tings I noticed: Sab'yns can recruit the new Arabian units only through native MIC. Kinda strange.
    Seleucids can't build Indian elephants nor use them in custom battle.
    I like the prices of the hellenistic cavalry, but the infantry prices, especially those of the elites are much too high. Roman legionarys cost less than legionaroi and are better. Don't know, but I also think the roman version needs a lower level of MIC.
    @Mindlich: I have played some custom battles now to test this mod and I have come to the conclusion that it is not exaggerated. I had a battle against an full Ptolemaic stack and it didn't last much more than half an hour. Those Hellenikoi Kataphraktoi rock now

Basileus Seleukeia this is first version .Sab'yans mayby i change this "tings". but Roman legionars is the best killing machin, seleucyd,egypt and Pont legionaroi is only a copy(hm not legal ???)
    Mindlich this is not exaggerated, defend always better that attack but if you play in my mod you understand what happen if Ai attack with flank.

Yeah.... If I could read your post without my eyes hurting I would be able to say this more politely, but what the heck is that:
    -new building to Seleucid, Ptolemaioi, Pontus- Legionarioi but huge cost an time
    What is this bunch of words supposed to tell me?
    Well, I think first verions are made for being criticised so that you can make things better, right?

Right Buildings Legionaroi is high cost(reform) and time -This units not happen after battle of Magnesia (190 bc)

Ah, thank you.
    In order to add Indian elephants to seleucids I opened the EDU and saw that everything was alright... They Seleucids (romans_julii) were in the list of nations which can recruit them. Seleucids can build them also in the EDB. But for some strange reason they are not available in-game...
    Oh, and please xcuse me for being a bit harsh because of your English. I just read the sentence in your first post that said you're not so fluent in English. But I didn't realy realize it in that post, except for the legionaroi-line.

Edit: Moved the word "romans_julii" back and forth with space and restarted the campaign and cheated my wy until I conquered Baktria: It now works, I can recruit them.
    Last edited by Basileus Seleukeia; 05-03-2007 at 16:59.

You understand my english ? not understand "except for the legionaroi-line." What line ? This with Buildings ? mhh cost and 200 turn building time- dont build legionaroi after 200 bc( i must mayby go to help to friends from Poland, mayby one or two writing in english )

Well, maybe the 2hp and defense is not exaggerated. But the 0 round build time and the soo high upkeep for cavalry really prevent me from enjoying the game.

Now I'm totally confused. Do I have to build a special building with 200 Turns buidl time in order to recruit legionaroi? I thought they are just tied to RTW Vanilla Marian reforms.
    And, by the way: What is your evidence that says the copy legionarys didn't use pilum-like throwing spears? I'm just curios, because I can't really imagine someone copys those guys and just "forgets" the legendary pilum...

@Mindlich: The 0-turn recruitment-thing can easily be fixed, as Gaias wrote in the old TBS Thread:
    Why would changing this yourself be hard? All you have to do is open the EDU up in notepad and use the replace command. Just copy the line "stat_cost 0" (include the spaces)and put it in the 'Find what:' box and put the text "stat_cost 1" in the 'Replace with:' box and press the 'Replace all' button. This should revert all units with the zero recruit time bact to the one turn (you have to use "quote" on my text, otherwise you wont see the many spaces that have to be inbeetween stat_cost and the number)
    Last edited by Basileus Seleukeia; 05-03-2007 at 17:33.

hm 0 time only for SPQR and some barbarian units-this is real. Cavalry is high this is real.In Kynoskefalaj Philip V -only 3000 cavalry. High cost for small "to koinon Makedonon" to more cavalry.
    Yes 200 turn ."Orient" legionaroi dont have pilum .Only sword(I thing)
    Last edited by Thorlof; 05-03-2007 at 17:35.

Thorlof, did you understand my question? Is there evidence that "oriental" legionarys didn't use pilas? Where is this evidence? If you don#t understand, perhaps one of your Polish friends can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus Seleukeia
    Thorlof, did you understand my question? Is there evidence that "oriental" legionarys didn't use pilas? Where is this evidence? If you don#t understand, perhaps one of your Polish friends can help you.
    Yes I understand. My writing is badly not reading This is foggy matter(affair?) some writing - legionaroi use pilum or jevlins some dont use only sword or spear(or both).But this units(KLA) dont have pilum only sword and i must build units without pilum .

Perhaps you can ask KLA to add those animations, I think he would not refuse this tiny gift for a big mod

Mayby if I ask KLA for this , but why ?

Erm... It adds realism? Well, if you don't want to bother him, I cant take amiss. It was just an idea...

What is realism if one writing- use pilum another dont use. in picture dont have pilum , only sword or spear. But this "romanized army reform" is only theory, some(chief EB - Urnamma) against for this theory.

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

The EB paradigm is that the "copy legionaires" were actually homegrown assault infantry types which the Romans, in due egocentric form, duly took to be copies of their so very excellent pattern (nevermind now that *they* had originally copied it from someone too...) right ? Certainly the only ones known for certain to be "copies" are the Numidian ones, which were originally trained by allied Roman officers, and those are a tad off the EB timeframe aren't they...?
    Last edited by Watchman; 05-03-2007 at 19:25.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast