Thread: Eb 2

Default Eb 2

When Europa Barbarorum 2 comes out, will it still be a mod for Rome: Total War, or will it be a mod for Medieval Total War 2? I ask because at this point, I can neither afford MTW2 or run it, so I do hope EB2 will be released for RTW.

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: Eb 2

No, sorry EB2 will be for M2TW
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Default Re: Eb 2

It will be a Mod for M:TW2, but it won't be released in the near future. So you have still a lot of time to uprgarde your PC:

If the release will come in about two years, then I likely will have a new computer by then.

Wimpy of the Sore Ass Member WImPyTjeH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roastedpekingduck
    If the release will come in about two years, then I likely will have a new computer by then.
    I've read (don't know if it's true though) that they won't start modding it until Kingdoms is released.

W
    Proud supporter of The Fourth Age: Total War
    Mod Realms - News about and home for fantastical and historical mods
    The Chamber of Records - The site dedicated to the Lore of J.R.R. Tolkien
    - The Hearts Of Men Find No Comfort In Peace ... -

Burns: I still have a hard time figuring out what the heck his name is or means...
    Apoc: Yes, I have wondered that, as well. A Google search brought up:
    Wimpy Tjeh: The great Belgian warrior, most famous for dropping his pants at the Battle of Someplaceinbelgumandnotinthenetherlands, and shouting to the Roman archers: 'Here's a target for jeh!' Also known as Wimpy of the Sore Ass.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Currently EB2 modding is in the conceptual phase.

It will be for M2TW. It may be for Kingdoms, it may be not.

Right now the majority of effort is on finishing EB1. EB1 will be finished and EB 1.0 will be released. But making EB2 for RTW would be useless since EB1 pushed the RTW engine to its limits.

Ah, EB2 ... a far-away dream of a great campaign. I wonder how it will be with a more stable diplomatic system? And what about the new opportunities: The princesses, merchants and priests? Or the two city models. Not to mention the ability of modders to control unit availability.

It will be very interesting to see.

rgds/EoE

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    Currently EB2 modding is in the conceptual phase.

It will be for M2TW. It may be for Kingdoms, it may be not.

Right now the majority of effort is on finishing EB1. EB1 will be finished and EB 1.0 will be released. But making EB2 for RTW would be useless since EB1 pushed the RTW engine to its limits.
    So should I assume that there will be at least several years of time in between EB1 and EB2? I'd hate to have EB2 come out soon after EB1 when I haven't finished savoring the goodness of EB1.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Who knows when a completed EB2 will be finished, but hopefully the first release of EB2 won't take years.

A lot of the time spent on EB has been research, which of course will be reused. Still, there's a lot of work to be done.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    A lot of the time spent on EB has been research, which of course will be reused. Still, there's a lot of work to be done.
    That's an important point. We are still doing research for the newer elements of EB1, and much of that will be used by EB2. So in that sense, working to complete EB1 is ALSO reducing the amount of time that will have to be spent on EB2. It is completely different from EB1, where EVERYTHING had to be built from scratch.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Quote Originally Posted by EoE
    Ah, EB2 ... a far-away dream of a great campaign. I wonder how it will be with a more stable diplomatic system? And what about the new opportunities: The princesses, merchants and priests? Or the two city models. Not to mention the ability of modders to control unit availability.

It will be very interesting to see.

rgds/EoE
    We will probably use princesses for most factions. We are discussing city models.

But controlling unit availability...oh my...I'm 95% sure we will restrict elites and other units, like perhaps slingers so the AI (and player) won't send stacks of those.
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"
    Shooting down abou's Seleukid ideas since 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by Krusader
    We will probably use princesses for most factions. We are discussing city models.

But controlling unit availability...oh my...I'm 95% sure we will restrict elites and other units, like perhaps slingers so the AI (and player) won't send stacks of those.
    very good point. annoying to see such nonsense AI's armies over and over again.
    realy looking forward to EB2 and hope you'll set things ready to start modding when Kingdoms is out so it'll exploit its benefits and new features
    but for near future EB1 is the most wanted and superior mod on a horizont.

Im especially interested in what you can do with Casus Belli. I think modding the papacy could have some interesting opportunities.

Beta Tester, Emeritus Member Al-Masri's Avatar

And dont forget scripting will be less of a problem now that the AI is moddable so the game will run alot faster and with the possibility of more scripted events.
    All Hail Our Lord of Chester,
    Prince of Aquitaine, Duke of Cornwall, Prince of Wales
    Edward of Woodstock,
    The Black Prince

An Imperfect Follower of Light Member Wolfman's Avatar

And when you upgrade your troops armour their skins actually change to show their new armor. I think this would be a good way to represent the polybian reforms. I hope you will be able to mod diplomacy so that when you open up diplomacy with a faction they will talk to you in their native language.
    Last edited by Wolfman; 05-05-2007 at 22:01.
    Tales of Gods and Kings - An Arverni AAR-DEAD
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...82#post1930882
    A People of the Mist - Casse AAR-ALIVE!!!!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Mist-Casse-AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman25
    And when you upgrade your troops armour their skins actually change to show their new armor. I think this would be a good way to represent the polybian reforms.
    MTW2 does that? Amazing, I didn't know that. Sounds like a dreamy future for EB2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tretii
    MTW2 does that? Amazing, I didn't know that. Sounds like a dreamy future for EB2.
    It does mate...if the EB team need modders...I present myself so PM me if u need more hands especially on EB 2
    Medieval Auctoriso Modder
    BETA TESTA OF ANO DOMINI
    BETA TESTA OF Rise of Kings
    BETA TESTA OF Darthmod

I love EB very much. I would purchase M2:TW when EB2 comes out.

And I hope EB team can also make a mod about medieval Europe.

M2 is so bad.....

Quote Originally Posted by cpwn
    I love EB very much. I would purchase M2:TW when EB2 comes out.

And I hope EB team can also make a mod about medieval Europe.

M2 is so bad.....
    There are currently two medieval mods for MTW2, MA and MTR, both of which are in capable hands. Truth is, a few EB members have joined those modding teams, but the EB team as a whole are not interested in doing a medieval mod; for many of us its not an interest.

Anyway, trying to put out two mods for the same engine, on completely different timelines would be absurdly difficult. We can hardly finish one!

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    There are currently two medieval mods for MTW2, MA and MTR, both of which are in capable hands. Truth is, a few EB members have joined those modding teams, but the EB team as a whole are not interested in doing a medieval mod; for many of us its not an interest.

Anyway, trying to put out two mods for the same engine, on completely different timelines would be absurdly difficult. We can hardly finish one!

Foot
    So sad

I have play many mods like RTR,CTW,Crusaders...etc of RTW,and I think EB is the best on preference setting.

Therefore,I consider you guys could create the most nearly true Medieval Total War.
    Last edited by cpwn; 05-06-2007 at 12:47.

The idea of the EB team doing an Antiquity mod for M2TW and RTR team doing a Medievel mod for M2TW is... so... delecious! So dam fracking delecious, I'd go as far as... guess what?... BUY M2TW!

Do you think the promise in Kingdoms of something along the lines of "clever tech trees, changing depending on location and prestige" will mean the EB tech tree will be properly displayed?

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Herenow
    Do you think the promise in Kingdoms of something along the lines of "clever tech trees, changing depending on location and prestige" will mean the EB tech tree will be properly displayed?
    We have no idea. The problem with the current building browser is entirely the "not" issue, if that is fixed in MTW2 or Kingdoms then we shouldn't have a problem. We literally have no idea yet.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    The problem with the current building browser is entirely the "not" issue, if that is fixed in MTW2 or Kingdoms then we shouldn't have a problem.
    please, explain, what is exactly the "not" issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe
    please, explain, what is exactly the "not" issue.
    The "not" condition in the export_descr_building code (on the line that tells the game who gets the building and what conditions are required for it) screws up the building browser so that any building which includes the "not" conditional will not show up. And that doesn't even include the "or" issue, which doesn't even work properly.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Nothing as irritating as correct code still being buggy, because of the statements being buggy itself...
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.