Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

Minister of Useless Tidbits Member joshmahurin's Avatar

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

Also play on Very Hard campaign difficulty

Why are many Parthians units white and blonde? Should be the Parthians not be dark skinned?

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
    Why are many Parthians units white and blonde? Should be the Parthians not be dark skinned?
    The Parthian nobility, when it broke away from the Arche Seleukia (shortly after EBs start date), would have been predominantly composed of Steppe peoples. As a result they would have looked very similar to the Indo-European peoples who still inhabit that region today. Over time they intermarried with the Persian elite, resulting in increasingly Iranian characteristics such as darker skin. A similar process can be observed in the Middle Ages with the Mongols who formed the ruling class of the Ilkhanate. Rank and file troops would have been indigenous Iranians, and as such would have had darker skin, but with those beautiful Iranian eyes.

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

Quote Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippo_Regius
    Hippo Regius (Hippone) is the ancient name of the modern city of Annaba, in Algeria.
    Is Ippone an alternative name of Hippo Regius?

If so, why is its position wrong?

Is there a way to put EB on the Steam version of Rome that I have installed? Or does it only go on the CD version?
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    -Henry V by William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Butler View Post
    Is there a way to put EB on the Steam version of Rome that I have installed? Or does it only go on the CD version?
    Check this out: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...-in-Windows-10
    Even if you have something other than Windows 10, the last part of the post should help.

Thanks. I am running Windows 10, in fact the reason I went to Steam was because the CDs no longer worked.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    -Henry V by William Shakespeare

Hi, currently having an issue with the mod.

Every time I got into battle with two armies, the one i initiated it with is in the map to begin with, but the other one just stands by the border of the map with the status 'waiting to enter battle'. The odd thing is that the enemy reinforcements do properly enter the battlefield, so it's not a hardware bug and im vastly outnumbered.

I have tried the large address aware fix, running as admin, changing the 'unlimited armies in battlefield' to 1 instead of 0. I did try and move my folder outside of program files, however in following the steps provided to do so the option doesn't come up to move my directory out of the program files with the 'move install folder' button. Maybe steam have stopped you from being able to do that?

Loving the mod apart from that though, but really need to sort this issue out

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718