Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Qvintvs View Post
    I need a detailed answer of what happens, if i use BI.exe
    EB for BI is an unofficial submod and not supported by the team. You are better of asking in the submod forum. Or better still: do a forum search, as this question has been asked and aswered several times.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Is trading with Sauromatae as Haysadan acceptable? I am sadly ignorant and only know that Hayasdan did not expand north and am wondering if i should use force diplomacy.

You don't need to use force diplomacy to get trade rights... If they are not at war with you, than i see no reason why you should accept trade right with everyone you can
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

I need to find out whether Hayasdan were trading with Sauromatae, that`s what!

And what happens if i do not blitz roman lands and play defensively? Do they spam even more units than they would if i held Arretium?

Are Romani the only faction that unleashes the fury of the whole mercenary pool?

When i can recruit Arjos as Arverni?

Why are eyes of an Armenian Early General kinda strange?

Why am i so annoying? :(

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Perhaps you should start your own thread. This is not the place for specific questions.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Could you guys consider renaming the .exes?
    If I'm not careful about renaming the file as I'm d/ling it, it tends to want to save is as EB1.1 [1] instead of EB1.1.exe, thinking it is a .1 file and thus not letting me open it or rename it.

If you destroy the Aedui faction as the Arveni before you get the 'path of bondsmen' reform, would it be impossible to get that reform now since you had they had to build 4 forums collectively? and will this stop you from getting the next reform as well?

no it wont, if you have 4 forums or the casse have 2 forums and you hae 2 forumsyou'll get the reform, the other celts are not nececary for the reforms, they just help as their buildings count towards it
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Quote Originally Posted by Madoushi View Post
    Could you guys consider renaming the .exes?
    If I'm not careful about renaming the file as I'm d/ling it, it tends to want to save is as EB1.1 [1] instead of EB1.1.exe, thinking it is a .1 file and thus not letting me open it or rename it.
    We could not rename the exe file without changing all of the download links, including all the ones hosted by others (actually we don't host it ourselves at all, except for torrent). However, to avoid the problem that you mention, you can fix this for yourself:

Open Windows Explorer.
    On the menu, choose Tools => Folder options => View.
    Uncheck all the checkmarks for items starting with "Hide" - particularly "Hide extensions for known file types".

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Could you add some information about the 'enslaved/exterminated own people' trait into the FAQ? I encountered it some time back, and googling it didn't help much. I eventually found it in EBBS_Script.txt under scripts. That said, I don't think I'm the only one who has encountered this, and it might be good to put it in there before someone else gets hit with a -3/-5 Influence penalty.
    Inactive Account- Will not respond to private messages or mentions.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    Carthage: 1
    -At least year 235BC
    -Build at least 5 (L5 regional MIC)(royal_barracks_V1) in these cities (Lepki, Garama, Adrumeto, Kirtan, Ippone, Tuat, Siga, Lixus, Sala, Gader, Mastia, Sucum-Murgi, Baikor, Arsé, Oxtraca, Numantia, Emporion, Tyde, Pallantia, Vellika, Tolosa, Massalia, Segesta, Arretium, Ariminum, Roma, Capua, Arpi, Taras, Rhegion)
    -Hold 3 of these cities (Tolosa, Massalia, Segesta, Arretium, Ariminum, Roma, Capua, Arpi, Taras, Emporion, Arse, Mastia, Gader)
    OR
    -Wait until 200BC
    Are those up-to-date requirements? Because I have more than 5 barracks and regional barracks in that cities above. And I hold Tolosa, Massalia, Segesta...etc. And the year is 224 BC. But reforms did not take place.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Those are for the regionals units, ie you need to build gov IV in those cities and build the top local barracks...

Is not last regional barrack avaliable in gov III?

Nope, the system goes as follows:

Gov I: factional V, regional II
    Gov II: factional IV, regional III
    Gov III: factional III, regional IV
    Gov IV: factional II, regional V

Thank you very much.

I wrote it on TWC forum but noone answer after few hours which is somehow strange for me... maybe here someone would be nice to answer me? Here's my problem:

"I have a noob question - I play Makedonia and recently I've conquered Ambrakia, which still has Epeirote government I-type(western greek), not even damaged. Should I destroy it and establish macedonian one or leave that as it is? I'm totally confused now, in Sparte and Athenai KH's governments were damaged, so I just destroyed them and build mine, but in Ambrakia is different. Maybe because it's macedonian homeland? Help me guys :)"
    Last edited by huth; 08-16-2011 at 20:09.
    Sorry for my bad English.

Destroy it, is always best to build your own gov...
    I know some factions share barracks, you can save and repair those, as for gov I'm not sure if it's the same...
    I've always replaced it, also to roleplay the change of suzerainty...

OK, thank you, possibly it's some kind of bug... But if someone knows why that government wasn't damaged, I'd gladly read about it.
    Uh, now so many turns to build I-type gov't...
    Sorry for my bad English.

Think wasn't damaged for some kind of culture sharing, but I can't be sure, gov I was 10 turns iirc...

Hi,

I am a student of history at a German university and currently writing on a paper about modding cultures in historic strategy games (especially the Total War series)... which is way I am keen to get in touch with someone of the mod developers. Feel free to ask if you want further informations...:)

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Check your PMs.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

I'm playing as Seleucids, and a few ingame decades I helped Carthage by transfering their quite large armies from Africa to Iberia, where they were loosing badly do Lusitans. They defeated them, and pushed them to one settlement, even expanding into Gaul. Later, I got a land border with them and they started sending full stacks to Cyrenaica regulary. I just moved them back. However, some time ago stacks stopped coming. I turned fow off and checked them. They had no large armies in Africa and Lusitans were making a comeback in Iberia.

I checked their ships, and they had almost three fullstacks on them, just standing near the shore. Since then more than 10 turns passed but those armies are still on ships. Lusitans have meanwhile conquered all but three Carthagian cities, and one of them is being besieged. Why won't they disembark all those troops? Can I help them somehow?

On a brighter side, they showed some remarkable intelligence in this campaign. When Lusitan reconquest started they were at war with KH, who had Emporion and Massylia in the theater. When Lusitans made some serious inroads, even gaining a border with KH, Carthage and Greeks made truce. A few turns later they became allies. Quite intelligent for AI.

I'm playing on M/M, year is 162bc.

It is still only an Ai, and the RTW Ai had always problems with naval maneuvers. We can't change the Ai since it is hardcoded into the engine. Switching to BI or ALEX will improve this a bit. Ai factions can sometimes just go braindead, especially if they are being attacked from multiple directions.

XSamatan

How do I know on what exe file I'm playing? I'm using vanilla EB, is that BI exe?

Anyway, I hope they'll somehow manage to disembark those troops. They are right next to the shore.

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

Do you have the Rome TW expansion "Barbarian Invasion"? That includes the bi.exe
    There's a nice mod that makes it really easy to play EB on BI, you can find it here.

It also adds things like shield wall, night fighter abilities, warcry, removes giant trees and does other things. Thankfully most of this can be deactivated and you can choose to only install the use of the BI.exe. You still need to have the expansion "Barbarian Invasion" installed!

BI helps a lot with the naval AI, they actually do pretty much with is, naval invasions are rather frequent and most problems the AI has with navies seem to have been solved for BI.
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

I have, I even thought BI was needed to play EB. So with normal install you get vanilla exe?

I assume this mod is not save game compatible?

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

I think it is savegame compatible, it only makes changes that would otherwise be savegame compatible, as far as I know.

Yes, if your play EB as it's normally installed, you use RTW.exe

Keep in mind that EB was designed and balanced for use without abilities like shieldwall, warcry, etc. Having units with those abilities my break the battle balance. I still really like the idea of having hoplites with shieldwall, basically because the clustered up hoplites just don't "feel real", and certain units, where the unit description talks about a shieldwall (i.e. Milnaht, Helveti Phalanx), but, imo, this mod gives the ability to way too many units, like Hastati, or even assault infantry like the Thureophoroi. I might experiment with reinstalling this mod with shieldwall and then removing it from most units. Shouldn't be too hard, right?
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

In Seleucid victory conditions trait that FL's get, it says Ptolomaic attack on Kyrene will be considered an act of war. Does that have any real meaning in game, if not why was it put there?

If you are at peace with the Ptolomaic Empire and they attack Cyrene you will be automatically set to war.
    Background:
    Cyrene and AS had some sort of alliance at the beginning of EB's timeframe, read about the First Syrian War and Magas of Cyrene.

XSamatan

Really? I didn't know such things are possible within RTW engine. Great job EB team.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast