Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

Can I create units for my faction through console if they belong to another faction? Specifically, I would like to create Armenian Armored Horse-Archers for AS, but I'm not sure if this is a good idea.

P.S. Is this a good thread for asking questions? There isn't an Ask your questions here sticky, and I don't want to open new threads all the time.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am pretty sure that's not possible: there will be no skin assigned for that unit-faction combination. It may also cause problems if the unit shares its model with another unit of that faction.

Feel free to start your own questions-thread.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

hey guys/girls,

im a EB newbie and i have few questions regarding some of the Roman buildings.
    after checking the browser tree found in the MOD installation, i still didnt find the use for Auxilia Detectu Regionis/Copiis Regionis. The in-game description does not clear it out.
    can some one direct me to the building guide that will explain it?

thanks!
    ~ad astra per aspera

Well it's basically your alternative barrack(or MIC as we call it). Here you train regional units. In italy itself you will find fairly few of them but in celtic territory(for instance) you can recruit celtic troops from here. In order to fully upgrade your regional MIC(tho it's not with it that often) you need a lvl 4 government, in order to fully upgrade your normal MIC(where you train roman troops) you need a level 1 government. check the fist post for governments.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Just one question: is it a sure thing that an EB hotseat wouldn't work? I heard EB scripts make it impossible for hotseat script to work, but is there some way around it? I guess the main problem is 4 turns per year. Please help me if you have some information, I would love to play EB campaign with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    Just one question: is it a sure thing that an EB hotseat wouldn't work? I heard EB scripts make it impossible for hotseat script to work, but is there some way around it? I guess the main problem is 4 turns per year. Please help me if you have some information, I would love to play EB campaign with someone.
    The main problem are the markers for faction expansion. When starting a campaign, the script places in each region a marker for "homeland available", "subjugation available" or "allies available". These are for each faction different, but it's not possible to change them every time a player ends his turn, so all players except for one would end up with mixed-up homeland and expansion regions.
    Last edited by Lysimachos; 02-10-2012 at 14:47.
    Read about glory and decline of the Seleucid Empire... (EB 1.1 AAR)

from Satalexton from I of the Storm from Vasiliyi

Ok, thanks for answer.

Do you know if things will stay the same in EB2?

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    Ok, thanks for answer.

Do you know if things will stay the same in EB2?
    I have no idea how the gouvernment system will work in EB2 and what possibilities scripting M2TW offers. You should visit the EB2 board and ask again there.
    Read about glory and decline of the Seleucid Empire... (EB 1.1 AAR)

from Satalexton from I of the Storm from Vasiliyi

I have a question that seemingly cannot be answered. Google searching has not rendered anything fruitful.

Every time I bribe a Eleutheroi settlement, and pay the required money to give to the general in charge of it, everything appears to be fine. When I end my turn, and the next one comes up, the person who I bribed seemingly dies a "heroic death", and the settlement goes to rebellious. If anyone can answer as to why this might be happening, I would appreciate it. I am playing 1.2 if that helps.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Welcome to the forum!

This is no bug, the starting governors are immobile. The point of the higher rebel movement in the city after the (mostly) high-leveled governor died is a game mechanic. Have some troops ready to strengthen the garrison.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Quote Originally Posted by XSamatan View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

This is no bug, the starting governors are immobile. The point of the higher rebel movement in the city after the (mostly) high-leveled governor died is a game mechanic. Have some troops ready to strengthen the garrison.

XSamatan
    Yes, I figured that would be the issue with the public order hit. I'm more confused as to what makes the governor die (while still in the city, I didn't take him out) instantly, once I end my turn.

I believe that is done via traits.

i have acomplished all the requirements for the Marian Reforms, i'm in 168ad, I have a general that is Popularis, Plebeivs, Has 6 stars command, maximum influience he is a consular. But i don't get the reforms, what shoul i do?
    this is the guy, it would be a shame for the guy to die of old age , since i'm playing this blasted campain for the whole week :)

Do you have the prerequisite Latifunda in Italy? Not sure if the province of Latium counts towards that one.

You could always temporarily mod the EBBS_script to get the reforms. Instead of owning 90 settlements, you could lower the number to 60. I think you are on 70 or so judging by the map.
    Last edited by d'Arthez; 04-10-2012 at 00:53.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

-At least the year 172BC
    -Have more than 6 Latifundia built in Italy
    -Hold at least 45 settlements
    -Fight more than 250 battles
    -Have a character that is:
    Sharp/Charismatic/Vigorous
    Popularis
    Consul or Ex-Consul
    Has Influence > 2
    Has Command > 2
    Did you achieve all this?

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Hey guys can you help me out i got RTW gold edition from the app store and i have copied the EB on the folder and i am able to open it but when i go to campaign it just says that i "have to select from the list" and it brings me back to the same page again. Also the weird thing is that i can play in continue campaign but i cannot open the campaign .... also the battles don't work.. If you guys could help that would be great. Thanks

Hi, I´m new to the Forum, playing this Mod for half a year now and first of all I want to say you did a really great job!
    Looking forward to EB 2 allready more then for Rome II.

But yeah I have a question as well. Looked in the Forum quite some time if somebody asked it before but couldn´t find it.

Started a game with the Qarthadast-Hadast and was looking how to get my military reform. Actually in the FAQ at the first Page it asks me to build 5 L5 regional MICs at specific Provinces. My first question is:
    Why are there some provinces listed in which I can´t build any units with the MICs at all? Doesn´t make a lot of sense to me.
    But the more important question is: When I get the Reform, to build the new Units I have to upgrade the MIC. But with lvl 5 MICs I can´t upgrade them at all. So do I really have to raze my lvl 5 MICs and build new one to get the new troops? I really hope that I simply understand something wrong ´cause else it sounds pretty... strange... to me.
    Also do already my lvl 3 MC´s show a "Enable or disable reformed units (+-1=disables): +-1" which means ... ?

Thanks for any (helpfull) comment.
    Last edited by Darock; 12-04-2012 at 23:11.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

The level 5 regional ones are those for local troops. That means you are going to need level 4 government to build them...
    Usually, once constructions are done and my provinces have reached a certain infrastructure, I role-play that it has grown into a province and "destroy" the government building, to replace it with a level 2 one if possible...

That way you can have better factional barracks, but still be able to recruit the local troops :)
    To recap, you don't need to destroy the regional lvl 5 barracks, five of them, in the provinces listed, are just required to trigger the reform, after that you can train the new units in any settlement and you can also upgrade your gov building in the regions, you used to get the reform...

As for the message, I think it's just internal script, meaning that the building allows the reform to take place: + being active, - inactive. Most likely it's just some redundant text, unless it's necessary for it to being there (I'm no modder :P)...

Why Romani has Arretium and Ariminum in 272BC? According to this map from Wiki it had not these cities in 272BC:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Is it wrong?

Also, TW: Rome II shows that Rome has Southern Italy before taking Arretium and Ariminum:

Arretium, as a military base/outpost, was established in the late 4th century BC. The thing is, in the early stages of the republic, it never really was an overnight take over...
    Bases and colonies were established, sometimes these very acts were the cause for wars: it was "organic" so to speak, other areas like samnium, rebelled one year, then back in the latin league and then independent again etc...

I guess that map was done considering the incorporation of whole areas, until the last episode of resistance or something...
    Giving all of southern Italy to Roma in 272 BC, is already a stretch.

A meant the regions actually, not only Arretium and Ariminum. Which region was taken by Romans (and allies) first: north or south Italy?

Both? :P

One could say that what really triggered the surplus of resources, was the capture of Veii...
    North, south, center? Does it matter? Romani fought on all of those sides, sometimes against a united coalition, while expanding wherever possible...

Livius wrote that in 280 BC, the Ager Gallicus was conquered. Dentatus just subjugated the Sabines in the previous years and in the mean time, Romani defeated the Brettioi and Leukanoi...
    The last event triggered the call for help to Pyrros: really they went inch by inch, battle by battle in every direction of Italy from Roma...

The idea of commissioning a Consul (and later Proconsul, because the logistics for a year term were unattainable) with powers for a specific region (Provincia), was something that developed with the Punic Wars. Before Optimates and leading figures, pushed for specific areas (the Fabii, iirc, but I'm probably not; were the ones who advocated for annexing Sicilia, needless to say they got filthy rich in the process) or the Senatus simply sent forces where they were needed and at the same time...
    How it evolved and how quickly, depended on the campaign...
    Last edited by Arjos; 01-28-2013 at 21:15.

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    Why Romani has Arretium and Ariminum in 272BC?
    I tend to agree, these two towns should be rebel-held in 272 BC, not Roman. Although both towns should have very weak garrisons, only three or four units, because the Etruscans, Senones and Piceni had suffered a massive defeat by Rome eleven years earlier at the Battle of Lake Vadimo, from which they never recovered. They were so weak that they preferred to remain at peace with Rome even after Pyrrhus had defeated the Romans in two major battles, and they refused the Epirote kings offers of alliance. The Romans mopped them up in 268-264 BC with comparatively little effort.
    Last edited by Titus Marcellus Scato; 02-14-2013 at 15:25.

My generals' command points don't increase. Why?

The Command star gain was drastically decreaced by the EB team, mainly because of the 4Turns per year, which means your generals would be "done" in half the time. There may be other reasons like personal preference or balance ideals... just like other mods disable cheating, autoresolve or costom battles.

Let your generals fight some more battles you'll eventually get Command star traits, also lots of traits give command in specific situations, which does not show in the statistic.

IIRC there also is a mod somewhere here that increaces your Command star gain.

PS: found this: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...ursus-honorum)
    Last edited by Ca Putt; 02-15-2013 at 13:51.
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

- Leonidas of Sparta

- Alaric the Visigoth

To add, also keep in mind the general's traits: he could be a born governor and poor soldier or have any other kind of trait, detrimental to command.
    If you keep it in a city, he might've gained attuned governor or other bureaucratic traits, that iirc dropped the stars quite a bit, but I recall very apt generals, quickly recovering from that...

Bottom line, in EB not all family members were born to be generals :)

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

Yes, the EB team made gaining command stars more difficult. Not everyone can become a great general merely by fighting a lot of battles.

The most important factors are the primary personality traits. Highly-intelligent characters will gain command traits more quickly, and can reach higher levels. Ditto for charismatic characters and the leadership traits. IIRC vigour also helps, and may affect traits like logistic ability. (Perhaps superfluously: there are six levels of every personality trait, but the character-scroll only shows the broad trend. The level can often be deduced from how quickly a character gains other traits, though.)

Another factor that is often overlooked are the battle-odds. Fighting battles where the odds are against you is more likely to gain you command-stars. There used to be a trait in a character's scroll that kept track of these things. It's not longer visible, but I am pretty sure it still works this way.

(A.I. characters get bonus command stars to make up for their incompetence, so don't worry if they have more command than you.)
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Influence and administration stars increase pretty fast but I saw 3 stars of command point at most on my best general who fought 30-40 battles. I play EB for years.

And your command star gain has ... decreaced?

Personally I had quite some luck with my generals thus far, apart from a few "never to gain command stars"-blokes I usually have one 5 star general running around, pretty sure they seldom surpass the 20 battles threshhold.

Try the Mod in my last post when you start your next campaign, I've heard it's quite good.
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

- Leonidas of Sparta

- Alaric the Visigoth

Battle odds are really important. If you can win a lot of battles where the odds are heavily stacked against you you gain them quite quickly. I usually have no problems reaching 3-4 stars with most characters, provided the odds are bad enough. Also some characters have a few negative Command traits. So even when you gain command stars to trait you still have to offset the negatives before you'll gain any effect.

Also don't start a siege / fight and then pull out.

Some factions are a lot easier to gain command stars with than others. Also some battle tactics (and this is on a very generic level, since the trait system cannot pickup on the minute details of the troops employed and all that) are more useful to gain command stars.
    Last edited by d'Arthez; 02-15-2013 at 19:20.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast