Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by pezhetairoi
    Oh. But what if we're playing other factions? As far as I could see from the bug reports subforum, the KH are dependent on it for their phalangitai, are they not? Aren't the Baktrians too, for their hetairoi kataphraktoi? Or is that the EB Marians both cases are dependent on...
    If you are playing (lets say) Baktria and the Arverni conquer all of Italy before a huge city is built, then yes you will not get the Hetairoi Kataphractoi bodyguard (unless a 'civilized' nation like Epieros conquers Italy from the Arverni later). You can, if you want, go into the descr_regions, add the "italy" hidden_resource to a town that is or is about to become a huge_city, (then delete the map.rwm), and you will trigger all of the reformed units with that city.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 11-22-2007 at 21:00.

Well, that is quite the solution. Shall remember it for the next time i play a dependent faction. Out of curiosity, which factions are dependent?

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

The Breath of God Member Divine Wind's Avatar

Hello all.

Really enjoying EB 1.0 at the moment, however I can't seem to get the Polybian reforms event to happen.

Romans: 3
    Polybian
    The Polybian Reforms happen due to a change in equiptment and tactics that were adopted or adapted due to wars with Carthage and Celts.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
    -At least year 242
    -Hold 2 of these cities (Segesta, Mediolanum, Patavium, Bononia)
    -Hold 2 of these cities (Lilibeo, Messana, Syracuse)
    OR
    -Wait until 210BC
    (You get the new units only after upgrading your MICs.)
    I've done all the above, and I'm now at 180BC. Any suggestions? Oh and what does MICs stand for?

Many thanks.
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

You need to start the background script.
    MIC = Military Industrial Complex.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Carthage: 1
    -At least year 235BC
    -Build at leaset 5 (L5 regional MIC)(royal_barracks_V1) in these cities (Lepki, Garama, Adrumeto, Kirtan, Ippone, Tuat, Siga, Lixus, Sala, Gader, Mastia, Sucum-Murgi, Baikor, Arsé, Oxtraca, Numantia, Emporion, Tyde, Pallantia, Vellika, Tolosa, Massalia, Segesta, Arretium, Ariminum, Roma, Capua, Arpi, Taras, Rhegion)
    -Hold 3 of these cities (Tolosa, Massalia, Segesta, Arretium, Ariminum, Roma, Capua, Arpi, Taras, Emporion, Arse, Mastia, Gader)
    OR
    -Wait unitl 200BC

Royal barracks ??
    I have as foreign barracks Citadel
    And as Homeland barracks Integrated
    as highest barracks that i can build do i miss something i'm in 215 bc right now and still doesn't have the reforms yet but i'm not sure that i have 5 of them each yet

ps note the typo's
    Thank You

This helped me out alot, great mod all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sassem
    Carthage: 1
    -At least year 235BC
    -Build at leaset 5 (L5 regional MIC)(royal_barracks_V1) in these cities (Lepki, Garama, Adrumeto, Kirtan, Ippone, Tuat, Siga, Lixus, Sala, Gader, Mastia, Sucum-Murgi, Baikor, Arsé, Oxtraca, Numantia, Emporion, Tyde, Pallantia, Vellika, Tolosa, Massalia, Segesta, Arretium, Ariminum, Roma, Capua, Arpi, Taras, Rhegion)
    -Hold 3 of these cities (Tolosa, Massalia, Segesta, Arretium, Ariminum, Roma, Capua, Arpi, Taras, Emporion, Arse, Mastia, Gader)
    OR
    -Wait unitl 200BC

Royal barracks ??
    I have as foreign barracks Citadel
    And as Homeland barracks Integrated
    as highest barracks that i can build do i miss something i'm in 215 bc right now and still doesn't have the reforms yet but i'm not sure that i have 5 of them each yet

ps note the typo's
    Thank You
    Answer: you need a type 4 government in these city's to be able to build them

Sorry for the lazy question before yes i know i answered my own Q

What are the requirements for the Pahlava reforms?

Quote Originally Posted by Ower
    What are the requirements for the Pahlava reforms?
    Nothing. They can just build 'reformed governments' in certain places that makes them shift from nomadic to 'civilized'.

That's true Marcus, but they also must have certain buildings before they can get them. I'm in a rush, but it's a market level building I believe, plus something else. But there are building requirements (plus being in certain places only). The nomad .jpg that has the flowchart is around here somewhere and answers all those questions.

Hello! Well firstly i have to say that it is a great job with EB down! It is really good! Personally, i m from Greece and i have to say that the Greek factions are perfectly done!
    But with the Romans, i have a problem. I reached the year 240 and the Reform of Polibius didnt even came. I have taken Segesta, Bononia, Syracuse and Messana and developed almost all the Barracks buildings but yet nothing is done. It is that until the 242 comes the Polibian Reform, or from the 242 it is probably one other year that comes??
    I m asking because i have reached till the 101 BC only with Hastati of Camillian era... please...
    Gaius Favius Maximus

First of all, have you activated the script every time you start a game or load a savegame? (Click on a town, click on the advisor's picture, click "Show Me How" button.) If not, you should start a new game and always remember to activate the script since the game doesn't work correctly without it.

If you have activated the script, check your towns. There may be "Polybian Era" buildings added to the building lists in Italy. If so, you have to upgrade your MIC (barracks) in every town one level to get new units.

Well i didnt know that i have to activate the svript... But why is that if i may ask?? I mean, i have downloaded the LOTR-TW and it was needed there too.... Maybe this is the problem.... Thanks a lot again...

Roma Victor Erit Contra Militibus Hostis....
    Gaius Favius Maximus

Unfortunately, there is no way to automatically activate the script in RTW. In order to get all of the bonuses in gameplay that a script gives, we have to make all the fans manually activate the script every time they start a new game or load a saved game.

In M2TW, the script can run on its own, so in EB2 you won't have to worry about starting the script.

Incidentally, could you guys get the advisors to tell players about EB-ish things (in 2.0, if not 1.1) e.g. exactly what to do to get the next level of Hayasdan reforms, how MICs work, how Type IVs work etc. I know they already tell you about stuff like going to war with the AI if you invade certain Eleutheroi cities, or about FMs' progress in the Agoge, but it would be nice to have all the EB help in-game as well as on PDFs.

This should all be adjustable by the level of advice you set at the start of a campaign, of course.

Great and impressive mod.

I am playing with SPQR faction and I am in 238 bc. I have got polybian reform.

Some opinions:

I like rebels armies in the cities don´t leave from the wall in the campaings like other mods. This makes its defense are stronger, and interesting and historical playing.

I think AI Vanilla (BI) in the campaings is a little (or more) stupid for naval human invasions. I think AI armies are moving to peripherical provinces, but AI don´t think periphery is the coast. For instance, if I want to invade Carthage and other carthaginian cities from Italy before historical time, it´s very easy for human roman player. Maybe it could be a "help to history" script for humans who benefit from stupid vanilla ai: For instance, if human disembark troops in Africa, some armies around african coasts and cities could appear.

I think maybe spearman-hoplite-triarii power in the battle is too much againts cavalry and infantry. This makes these units can be preferred by all human players, and the legions composition aren´t historical. In the game the most efective legions would be only triarii units (this efect is bigger againts hoplites greeks units). Is it possible to make some script advantages for human if he wants to be historical (moral efects, traits, etc)????

It would be wonderful if there were some ai naval invasions from some factions like other mods. This would produce human had to maintain some troops near the dangerous coast (for intance in SPQR campaing in Sicily).

I like much EB system for traits and ancillaries with moral, command and movements effects. Great EV voices systems in battlefields. I like this mod combines economical development of a faction with interesting military actions. I don´t see any CTDs or important bugs or lags. 4 tpy for me perfect.

I am playing a EB human roman campaing based in history. First military actions againts epirots in Italy, later againts Carthage in Sicily and Corcega, later againts rebels in northern Italy and Dalmacy in Balcanic lands, and later againt Karthhadism in Iberia (Second historical war punic). Maybe it wourld be good there were some guides script which make or favour to human to decide more historical movements (freedom but historical-guides scripts).

I am playing a saka campaign and I was wondering if I will ever get past "Becoming Indo-Saka" or is the becoming stage was the final phase in the reform?

Okay, this is a private little question of my own that I've not seen elsewhere. (Or maybe I've just not had the time to look in the right places.) I just finished a Baktrian campaign, slugging my way all the way to about 190 BC. I've conquered all the provinces on my list, destroyed the Pahlava and the Saka Rauka, none of my cities are beseiged. Everything seems to be as it should be. And nothing's happening. Are there any little victory screens in EB, even anything as simplistic as RTW's? Or are you just supposed to know when it's over. I'm not exactly sure, but if someone out there knows the answer, could you please tell me. I'd appreciate it.
    “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.”-Proverbs 16:32

Read my Aedui AAR-"Across the Waters: A Story of the Migration"
    And the sequel "Sword of Albion"

Complete all the objectives on the map in the faction screen, in game (including any 'raiding' objectives), then wait a turn or two and you'll get the victory picture/screen.

Thanks for the input. I clicked End Turn, waited three or four minutes and the victory screen came up at the start of the next turn. Probably just should have done that first instead of wasting other people's time with a stupid question, but I was used to the RTW screens coming up immediately. Thanks anyway and next time I'll check before I ask.
    “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.”-Proverbs 16:32

Why are names spelt with V's?

Hey guys, love the mod, quick question, on how to get carthage reforms, it says you need level 5 royal baracks in those cities, does this mean the highest level ofbaracks for your factional units, or for foreign natives?

Quote Originally Posted by Falc
    Hey guys, love the mod, quick question, on how to get carthage reforms, it says you need level 5 royal baracks in those cities, does this mean the highest level ofbaracks for your factional units, or for foreign natives?
    They mean for the foreign natives (gov 4)

With the factional you can't get royal barracks

see also post#131 in this thread and above
    Last edited by Sassem; 01-17-2008 at 19:51.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdun
    Why are names spelt with V's?
    Because the "U" character hadn't been invented yet, at this point in time. Both the "V" and the "U" were written as "V".

Member Member Achilles the last's Avatar

I heard a rumor that the saba faction has reforms, is it true?
    if it isn't then it would be a good idea
    You learn to build high walls from your enemies, not your friends.
    -Byzaxis
    A big army is commanded the same way as a small one, it all matters in the organization.
    -Sun Tzu

Okay, I'm back with another question, hopefully a little more intelligent than the last one(but thanks anyway, MAA). Playing as the Getai, I see in the victory conditions that the Koganoion must be built in addition to all provinces held and raided. Now, is this just another spelling of the holy mountain Kogaionon in Sarmizthegusa (which I hold), or is this something I actually have to build? If so, where? I can't find it in the build trees for the Getai. Once again, thanks for any help whatsoever. Great mod!

EB Getai player Member MoROmeTe's Avatar
    Campina, Romania, currently stationed in Bucharest, Romania

Yup, it is the holy mountain in Sarmiszegetusa... and building trees are somewhere in the EB directory in your RTW directory.
    For my name is Legion...

Thanks for the answer. I couldn't find it listed in the Build Trees, so I figured I just had to own it. I'll have won just as soon as I get done fighting these blasted Noricii.

Hey guys, do the getai get any reforms? Not that they need any with their troops, but it would be nice to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Fist
    Hey guys, do the getai get any reforms? Not that they need any with their troops, but it would be nice to know.
    Unfortunately for the Getai, no.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast