Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

Question. How does one become a member, and what are the benefits?

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

An EB member or a forum member? The former you get by working for the EB team, and nets you access to the EB development forum as well as a whole lot of work to do. The latter is described in the Guild FAQ.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    An EB member or a forum member? The former you get by working for the EB team, and nets you access to the EB development forum as well as a whole lot of work to do. The latter is described in the Guild FAQ.
    The former. Where does one start on their quest to become an EB member? I've Pm'ed a few people offering help, but am yet to get a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristrem View Post
    where can i find that, the unit documentation?
    <your RTW folder>/extras/eb_documentation.exe, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Che Roriniho
    The former. Where does one start on their quest to become an EB member? I've Pm'ed a few people offering help, but am yet to get a reply.
    If you want to apply, MarcusAureliusAntoninus is the man to PM. There are several other routes to become a member.

* Be a skilled modeler or skinner. We need all these we can get and very many have joined in short order.
    * Be a skilled scripter, traiter or programmer. These are not in such a high demand at this time.
    * Be creative and start an unofficial mod project. If members notice that you are skilled in some area and we need people there, you are likely to be contacted.
    * Start a project to make some sort of documentation for EB. JMRC and Arkatreides joined this way, with their building trees and unit cards, respectively.
    * Find a solution to some CTD that has been haunting us. We're running out of these, but I joined this way. I'm sure there will be some more instability come EB2 .
    * Become a beta tester. We pay a lot more attention to people doing beta testing for us and many become members at the end of a beta testing run. Then again, it's unlikely that we will need many for a while. Also to become a beta tester you will need to build a decent reputation by being around the forum and behaving well to gain our confidence, making this possibly the longest path.
    * Be a knowledgeable historian and prove your knowledge in discussion.

For all paths, don't be abrasive or you'll cause some existing member to veto your admittance. Unfortunately, we have had several potential recruits that obviously know their stuff but couldn't be made members. We value team stability very highly as people leaving in a huff has proven extremely damaging and destroyed productivity for weeks and months.
    Last edited by bovi; 07-25-2008 at 06:16.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    <your RTW folder>/extras/eb_documentation.exe, if I'm not mistaken.

If you want to apply, MarcusAureliusAntoninus is the man to PM. There are several other routes to become a member.

* Be a skilled modeler or skinner. We need all these we can get and very many have joined in short order.
    * Be a skilled scripter, traiter or programmer. These are not in such a high demand at this time.
    * Be creative and start an unofficial mod project. If members notice that you are skilled in some area and we need people there, you are likely to be contacted.
    * Start a project to make some sort of documentation for EB. JMRC and Arkatreides joined this way, with their building trees and unit cards, respectively.
    * Find a solution to some CTD that has been haunting us. We're running out of these, but I joined this way. I'm sure there will be some more instability come EB2 .
    * Become a beta tester. We pay a lot more attention to people doing beta testing for us and many become members at the end of a beta testing run. Then again, it's unlikely that we will need many for a while. Also to become a beta tester you will need to build a decent reputation by being around the forum and behaving well to gain our confidence, making this possibly the longest path.
    * Be a knowledgeable historian and prove your knowledge in discussion.

For all paths, don't be abrasive or you'll cause some existing member to veto your admittance. Unfortunately, we have had several potential recruits that obviously know their stuff but couldn't be made members. We value team stability very highly as people leaving in a huff has proven extremely damaging and destroyed productivity for weeks and months.
    Cheers bovi. Might do the 3rd (I've got some idea's), or the first (need practice)

How do I create units using cheats?
    Last edited by strategos roma; 08-23-2008 at 14:57.

edit: nm, I saw the new sticky.
    Last edited by Hegix; 08-23-2008 at 15:13.

Quote Originally Posted by strategos roma View Post
    How do I create units using cheats?
    create_unit CITY NAME "UNIT NAME" amount exp/armour/weapon OR create_unit "CHARACTER NAME" "UNIT NAME" amount exp/armour/weapon

e.g. create_unit Sardis "hellenistic infantry hoplitai" 4 0 0 0
    e.g. create_unit "Captain Demetrios" "hellenistic infantry hoplitai" 4 0 0 0

Read The House of Seleukos: The History of the Arche Seleukeia
    for an in-depth and fascinating history of the heirs of Seleukos Nikator.

Is this thing going to get an update? I think a lot of the Reform cities have been renamed and it's confusing.

Which cities? I cannot find any after a quick glance. If you find a problem with the FAQ posting details would help us fix it faster.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Some of the names are not cities but the regions. I believe the Sweboz reforms section is the only section that references regions, though.

Default BI exe??

Hey all, what's all this talk of running the game on different exe's? I'd like to try out the BI variant, but the default appears to be RTW vanilla. How do I change it? Thanks!

See the unofficial mods forum.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Which cities? I cannot find any after a quick glance. If you find a problem with the FAQ posting details would help us fix it faster.

Foot
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    Some of the names are not cities but the regions. I believe the Sweboz reforms section is the only section that references regions, though.
    I was referring to the Sweboz reforms. Could that be changed to show the city names? I don't see how region names are practical to the average player. They sure confuse the hell out of me.
    Last edited by lobf; 08-26-2008 at 18:51. Reason: grammar

If you want to know the name of the province you just need to right-click on the land in question and it comes up with the province name amongst other details.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    If you want to know the name of the province you just need to right-click on the land in question and it comes up with the province name amongst other details.

Foot
    This effin game takes a lifetime to master. Thanks Foot.

Its really helpful for planning where to have a battle (when you are defending at least) as you will be able to tell the sort of terrain you will find on the battlemap in more detail than you would if you just looked at the map.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Hey all, I am playing the Konion Hellenon Campaign and have reached year 200 bc. my question now is: what do I have to do/until when do I have to wait that I can recuit "Koinon Hellenon Phalangitai" I have read something about certain reforms civs go through but nothing for the "Greeks" appart from the general statement: "which requires the Romans to build a huge city in central Italy to trigger. This is just an arbitrary time delay.", is this what gives me those Pikemen?

btw: very very great mod, I'm more than Impressed!
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Blog Entries

Yes, the KH phalangites are triggered by the "March of Time" event, which is simply the renamed Marian reforms from vanilla. They are triggered by the Romans upgrading one of their starting towns (except Rome) to a huge city.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Putt View Post
    Hey all, I am playing the Konion Hellenon Campaign and have reached year 200 bc. my question now is: what do I have to do/until when do I have to wait that I can recuit "Koinon Hellenon Phalangitai" I have read something about certain reforms civs go through but nothing for the "Greeks" appart from the general statement: "which requires the Romans to build a huge city in central Italy to trigger. This is just an arbitrary time delay.", is this what gives me those Pikemen?

btw: very very great mod, I'm more than Impressed!
    I had the same question. The Romani do indeed have to have a city of huge size or higher. It can't be Rome. I suggest Capua. Use add_population Capua and process_cq Capua if you want to get it by cheating. If the Romani are out of central Italy.... well help them get back in.

It can't be Rome
    It can be Rome, just fyi.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Thanks,
    are there any other things triggered which concern the Konion Hellenon. because, well, they are out of central italy and, well I won't let them back in XD. well I guess I will have to settle with hoplites and mercenary phalangites^^, I'm no particular fan of phalangites anyway^^

btw: is there a search tool in this forum?^^
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

- Leonidas of Sparta

- Alaric the Visigoth

Blog Entries

There is no other way of triggering the reforms, so I guess you are out of luck. I guess it's realistic: why would you need to reform your military if things are going your way? Military reforms, especially when the military was closely interwoven with the social structure, were never easy.

The KH do not get any other reforms. They do have a couple of scripts causing them to go to war with factions attacking several neutral cities, but I guess you will have noticed these by now.

Search tool can be found on the top bar, or the top right of the thread index of a forum.

Ahh, many thanks.

Well I can live with it, better no regular phalangites than a roman central italy XD
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

- Leonidas of Sparta

- Alaric the Visigoth

I hope is the right place to post it.
    I play with AS and I know that you can recruit Katphraktoi after losing two large battles to factions having Kataphracts already.
    Now I am around 210 BC and I recreate the Antiochos III campaign in Eastern provinces, I have already biiten hard Pahlava, I tried to get Kataphraktoi by recruiting a poor army (Pantodapoi, a mercenary Pezetairoi unit, some archers, archers/spearmen about 15 units) with an Uncharismatic general who moved and sieged Hecatompylos, a Parthian army arrived and attacked me (they have more than a full stack army in total), my army toatlly destroyed and general get killed.
    After few turns I send another weak army to Hecatompylos, with general, this time a bit stronger one 17 units of a bit better troops, finally I ended waiting until Hecatompuylos surrender, I marched them to Asaak, where I get attcked by Phlavans in forest on the way to city, they have almost all remaing forces available(they have only Asaak and the north town in steppe) almost 13-14 units , I played really shitty just to lose battle, the general get killed again and waited for next turn to get my heavy Kataphraktoi but nothing happened...I did something wrong?
    Is needed larger battles?Generals must be resqued?I don't know, can you help me?Also is there any way to force reforms in my current campaign other than the well known?
    thanx in advance...

Um, killing your generals doesn't allow them to go "ooh, those lovely shiny horsemen in armour look cool!". You need to lose, but your general needs to be around to see it.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Blog Entries

Basically, two of your generals need to get the "Intrigued by Cataphracts" trait. They get this by fighting an army of Pahlava, Armenia or Baktria (but not Saka?) and losing the battle as well as a large percentage of their bodyguard. Unfortunately,the engine cannot detect the presence or absence of cataphracts on the battlefield, so all that is required for the enemy armies is that they consist of 60% cavalry, of any kind.

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Isn't it possible to just go to the export_desc_unit and modify the recruitment? That's much easier. However, it is not save-game compatible, isn't it?

Thanx a lot for help! I will try to lose without the death of my generals, a weak army will work I think.
    When you mean large battle do you mean more than 10 units for both armies? Are there any special traits that the character must have before,just to take the "intrigued by Cataphracts" trait?

Do I must have script activited to play EB . When I play EB without a script a turn take 10 seconds but when I ACTIVATE the script the turn is from 1,2 or even 4 minutes . Can someone help me with this ? And the second question do I have fight with Carthaginians to gain Marian reform ? Thanks for the help . Have a nice day

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast