Thread: Islamic Coutries in camapain

Question Islamic Coutries in camapain

I am about to finish my first camapain, and am wondering how I could play as Egypt, the Moor's or any other Islamic country. I know you can by reading through the manual, and browsing the forums. What do I need to do to enable them? any amount of help will be greatly appreaceated!

Default Re: Islamic Coutries in camapain

After you win the campaign they will be unlocked.

You can also edit the game data files according to the instructions in the guides forum.

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: Islamic Coutries in camapain

Quote Originally Posted by Saviger
    I am about to finish my first camapain, and am wondering how I could play as Egypt, the Moor's or any other Islamic country. I know you can by reading through the manual, and browsing the forums. What do I need to do to enable them? any amount of help will be greatly appreaceated!
    Welcome to the org ! GAH ?!

First, read the FAQ. Read it, loads of basic questions are answered there, and it's well maintained and up to date (AFAIK).
    Second have a look at least through the first 2 pages of a forum to see if your question has already been asked.
    Third once you are a full member use the search function.

Here's the answers to your questions:

From the FAQ:

Q: How do I unlock other factions?

A: Finishing a campaign unlocks the "unlockable" factions (not Mongols, Timurids and Aztecs). Eliminating a faction in a campaign also unlocks it.

In addition, there are two ways to mod the game to unlock factions, EITHER:

Originally Posted by Throumbaris
    Open medieval2.preference.cfg and add this:

Code:
    [misc]

unlock_campaign = true

OR edit the descr_strat.txt file. Delete lines number 10 and 11, ie:

Code:
    end
    unlockable
    Let me know which faction you want to play, and then we can give you some specific tips.

You can check the strategy guides in the M2:TW Guides (shout if you can't find it). Here's a recent discussion on Egypt, one on the Moors.

Islamics have the most versatile cavalry in the game. Once you try it, and if you are enamoured report in!!! at this location. There is a mod in development focusing on the Middle East and it should be a good mod for all cavalrymen/women. Click my signature to go to that forum, you can see screenshots at the screenshot thread in that forum. If you want a sig, have a look at this gallery, and this one, post here if you want one.

SHOUT if you have any further questions.
    Hope that helps and welcome once again.

SALUTE !
    Last edited by Shahed; 05-12-2007 at 20:10.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

What is a camapain? Wait, it probably has something to do with camelids MWAHAHA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cama_(animal))

Edit: To say something on-topic, you can put unlocked.txt from this archive into your "Medieval II - Total War/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign" folder to unlock all factions
    This method is safer because the above approach with editing descr_strat is exactly what caused many people to have problems with properly installing version 1.2.
    Editing the config is fine though.
    Last edited by alpaca; 05-12-2007 at 23:29.

LMAO!

Thanks alpaca. Well pointed out.

Thx for all the help and pointing out my mis-type. lol. Anyway, I truly underestimated the community and am truly impressed. I look forward to many hours of excellent empire building and conversing on the forums. Unfortuantly I am currently deployed with 1-14CAV Stryker, so the internet I have aviable is iffy at best. Until next time Sav Out

Thumbs up Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by Saviger
    Thx for all the help and pointing out my mis-type. lol. Anyway, I truly underestimated the community and am truly impressed. I look forward to many hours of excellent empire building and conversing on the forums. Unfortuantly I am currently deployed with 1-14CAV Stryker, so the internet I have aviable is iffy at best. Until next time Sav Out
    Are you guys are still deployed to Al Qadisiyah, Iraq ?

Well if that's the case, ignore my completely out of place comments on the FAQ, search etc.
    If you have a question: shoot.

My best wishes to you and your comrades.

Good luck & Godspeed !

HOOOAAAAHH !!