Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie to RTW and EB

Default Re: WAs:Newbie to RTW and EB; Now: How cool is that!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSmith View Post
    Wow.......Just laid seige to Rhegum (sp.), the enemy army came out on the last turn of the seige (seems they always do!). My Romans did well inflicting 3-4 casualties to my 1. This was ongoing in a driving rainstorm (very cool effects), and then Hamilcar shows up with a small reinforcement army that had a unit of African elephants. They charged into an enemy levy phalanx that was surrounded by my Princeps and Hastati. I backed my units out of the way (just in case the elephants ran amok), and they just pulverized them. Wow, I've played this on the tabletop, but watching it on the screen and hearing it........no wonder this game is addictive. As I scrolled down to get in the thick of the fighting, I saw on the horizon what appeared to be an active volcano spewing off black smoke.......very, very nice. BTW, took Rhegum and put the inhabitants to the sword!

Dave
    http://www.miniwars.com
    Wow indeed, I've never had that happen to me, the Carthaginians helping the Romans against the Tarantine Greeks! Probably because I take Taras too quickly.

Sacking Regium was a bit extreme though....the civilian inhabitants were Greeks friendly to Rome, only the garrison was composed of rebellious Italian troops.
    Last edited by Titus Marcellus Scato; 01-05-2011 at 18:31.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12