Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Faction Thread 5: Chaos

Default Re : Re: Faction Thread 5: Chaos

Default Re: Faction Thread 5: Chaos

That's from warmaster, not warhammer.

Those miniatures are indeed from Warmaster ... but the creatures are also listed in the Chaos Daemon armybook and the Chaos creatures are things I would like to be able to add if at all possible. It really depends how much flexibility I can get out of a skeleton. If we would need a unique skeleton and animation set for each, then that might preclude them for a first release.

Some of the more 'human' shaped creatures will be included from the outset.
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by overkill1991
    That's from warmaster, not warhammer.
    "Warmaster" is "Warhammer". Don't confuse "Warhammer tabletop" with "Warhammer" in general. "Warhammer" is a universe, and not a game.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

I don't have chaos armybook so I don't know what the followers of different chaos gods think about each other, but could they start as allies?
    K.of.F

Quote Originally Posted by King Of Finland
    I don't have chaos armybook so I don't know what the followers of different chaos gods think about each other, but could they start as allies?
    Internal Chaos relations aren't particularly amiable. Khorne and Slaanesh followers hate each other more than they hate anything else in the entire WH universe. Tzeentch and Nurgle followers aren't as bad but hate each other to.

The various gods are ideologically four extreme opposites and have no reason to cooperate about anything. Khornates aren't capable to cooperating with anybody. Nurgle followers don't care. Slaaneshis and Tzeenchians might.

Yeah, only time they unite is for a horde of Chaos Undivided (think Archaon and his entire force and youu get the idea of what I'm talkn' about).
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal_Barca
    Yeah, only time they unite is for a horde of Chaos Undivided (think Archaon and his entire force and youu get the idea of what I'm talkn' about).
    Chaos undivided isn't that the four major chaos gods unite. That's a misunderstanding. The number of chaos gods in the WH universe is virtually infinite. The four big ones are only just that. The big ones, where Slaanesh is by far the largest. If I remember correctly, Chaos undivided are Chaos armies where each warrior or unit has their own allegiance, (often to lesser gods) and have banded together to bolster their numbers.

It's also a way for people to combine their various chaos armies into a big one without having to repaint all their miniatures. It's a pragmatic solution to aid table-top players with finite resources in having more fun.
    Last edited by DrZoidberg; 11-25-2007 at 13:25.

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

i think Slaanesh is the younger,and so they calling him a prince,and i believe khorne is the greatest,but never mind....
    "VAE VICTUS"

Chos undivided is a chaos army who do NOT follow a single god.

Its that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by alexader
    i think Slaanesh is the younger,and so they calling him a prince,and i believe khorne is the greatest,but never mind....
    Each god has their own distinct mythos. Slaanesh isn't called prince because some other god is king. There's no relation. I had the mission to write the unit descriptions for the mod for chaos, so I've done plenty of research on this. Slaanesh is both the youngest and the biggest. I don't recall how big Khorne is compared to the remaining two but I can always look it up. I have all the books here.

ok i don't know if khorne is called king but i know from the six edition(and in many more)rulebook that slannesh is called a prince,and if you did that research that you are telling,you propably should have noticed that,it is mentioned too many times in the books that he is called a prince of chaos.i am not arguing with you,relax.but i am defenetly sure that he is called a prince and he is defenetly not the biggest one,he is the younger one. (but for sure look it up if you have many books)
    "VAE VICTUS"

nurgle is the oldest i think as its "grand father nurgle"
    not that this makes a difference to the mod as they are all the same faction
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

Quote Originally Posted by Enthes
    nurgle is the oldest i think as its "grand father nurgle"
    not that this makes a difference to the mod as they are all the same faction
    Of age or size I know nothing, but I do know that it's just plain "Father Nurgle", and that he's always depicted as always laughing and being jolly. The bringer of long awaited decay. Nurgle was always my favourite, but I've recently gotten Slaanesh leanings. Nothing better than naked chicks, even if they do have bug eyes and crab claws.
    Last edited by DrZoidberg; 11-26-2007 at 21:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian
    Those miniatures are indeed from Warmaster ... but the creatures are also listed in the Chaos Daemon armybook and the Chaos creatures are things I would like to be able to add if at all possible. It really depends how much flexibility I can get out of a skeleton. If we would need a unique skeleton and animation set for each, then that might preclude them for a first release.

Some of the more 'human' shaped creatures will be included from the outset.
    Most Deamons are a basic humanoid shape, Bloodletters, Plaguebearers, Deamonettes, all these have 2 arms and 2 legs.

Other deamons that could be used, Flamers of Tzeench and Chaos Horrors they have a basic humanoid frame.

Dragon Ogres would be amazing to use but would be difficult to create i think, can you murge a horse and its rider into 1 model?

And the Chaos undivided is when the 4 Factions of chaos unite to support a "lord of end times" who is a great champion of no one faction.

Other than the time of "the lord of end times" all factions despise one and other and the only faction that forms any sort of allience is the Dark Elves and Slaanesh.
    The Chaos Dwarves were allied to Chaos but were discontinued due to lack of interest from gamers.

Skaven will always work with Nurgle, Slaanesh has a following in DE, and Chaos Dwarfs still exist in the fluff (and therefore potentially in mods, although this one is quite sensibly not putting them as one off thier first factions).

Dragon Ogres would be amazing to use but would be difficult to create i think, can you murge a horse and its rider into 1 model?
    Bwian did it for centurs in RTW...

P.S. Screamers of Tzenteech I've done like riderless horses for RTW (although again you can sometimes get a captain sitting on one, no idea how to get round that)
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

Default Re : Re: Faction Thread 5: Chaos

it will be a god idea if one chaos faction kill the other ,it's would have some special units and building;like big deamons or something like this.

Default Re: Re : Re: Faction Thread 5: Chaos

Im thinking somthing like jihad wuld work for chaos.. (mostly for orcs tho) But i think we are limited to one jihad faction..
    In kingdoms, apache had a crusade called the warpath.. Wuld be perfect, as its faction spesific, not religion.

Isn't Chaos Undivided a religious path of it's own?
    I know that it gets Furies in WH40k, not so sure about Warhammer...
    Chaos doing a jihad could be ok, if you can code the rebel chaos to respond to a Jihad.
    Perhaps you could give the Captain of the Screamers unit a Disk of Tzeentch?

Personally, I always considered the 'undivided' as being rather sat on the fence!

Other than that, let me just say....

"Blood for the Blood God!"

And then rampage through the thread deleting and editing your foul blasphemies that claim any other greater than Khorne.
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

YEAHHHHHH,BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD,SKULLS FOR THE THRONE OF KHORNE.
    "VAE VICTUS"

Prussian Musketeer Member Faenaris's Avatar

*Faenaris nods approvingly of the Khorn-worshipping*

Besides, those magic-loving Tzeentch, smelly-Nurgle and sissy-Slaanesh are all pansies when compared to the might of the Blood God!
    Signature by Atterdag

"Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?" ("Dogs, do you want to live forever?") - Frederick II of Prussia at the battle of Kolin when adressing his fleeing Prussian soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenaris
    *Faenaris nods approvingly of the Khorn-worshipping*

Besides, those magic-loving Tzeentch, smelly-Nurgle and sissy-Slaanesh are all pansies when compared to the might of the Blood God!
    Yes its just a horrible shame the men of Sigmar repeatadly bash you, and those puny elfs kick your chaotic ass's in every war!

Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg
    Of age or size I know nothing, but I do know that it's just plain "Father Nurgle", and that he's always depicted as always laughing and being jolly. The bringer of long awaited decay. Nurgle was always my favourite, but I've recently gotten Slaanesh leanings. Nothing better than naked chicks, even if they do have bug eyes and crab claws.
    He's called both... Some call him grandfather and some call him father, at least I'm pretty sure.

As for Slaanesh, I'm not sure if he's the absolute strongest, at least not yet. But he's definitely growing in power, very quickly. But all the chaos gods are technically the strongest in their own rights.
    I mean, Khorne is pretty militarily kickass,
    Tzeench can trick the gods into either squabbling among themselves or fighting towards his own goals. As well as being good with magic, obviously.
    Nurgle could probably cause plenty of devastation, after all, he can cause plagues.
    Slaanesh... Well everyone has their own selfish desires, so that puts him up there off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnashfang
    He's called both... Some call him grandfather and some call him father, at least I'm pretty sure.

As for Slaanesh, I'm not sure if he's the absolute strongest, at least not yet. But he's definitely growing in power, very quickly. But all the chaos gods are technically the strongest in their own rights.
    I mean, Khorne is pretty militarily kickass,
    Tzeench can trick the gods into either squabbling among themselves or fighting towards his own goals. As well as being good with magic, obviously.
    Nurgle could probably cause plenty of devastation, after all, he can cause plagues.
    Slaanesh... Well everyone has their own selfish desires, so that puts him up there off the bat.
    To settle this I looked it up. In the Hordes of Chaos book, which I think can be considered the "rules". Yes, he's called both. Sorry about that.

I tried to check where it says Slaanesh is the most popular and it doesn't say in this book. I think there's a reference to it in Gotrek and Felix. Anyhoo...it does say in Hordes of Chaos that Slaanesh is popular, but not the most popular. So if it's implied or not I'm not sure.

It says that Khorne warriors spend lots of time fighting each other, which is a problem when comparing numbers since followers or Khorne don't stick around long.

Nurgle....no idea. Could be anything. Doesn't say.

Tzeentch on the other hand is very secretive. In the old Chaos books it said that Tzeentch was a confusing god to worship. Sometimes they thought they worshipped Slaanesh, but it was really Tzeentch and so on. They inflitrate any and all sects just to make trouble. They could be huge or tiny, nobody knows.

edit: from now I promise to look up shit before saying anything and quote it. I've got all the books here. So I've got no excuse for screwing it up.

I haven't read whole topic so some of my suggestions may have been told before but I have some ideas to make chaos factions different:

Khorne units could have charge without orders ability, and maybe better attack value in their profile or some bonus in when charging.

Nurgle units could have better natural defence, and maybe some kind of fear effect.

Slaanesh could have the... don't remember the name of the ability but they won't rout.

Tseench is a bit complex. I don't know anything special to them.

And when I say [import god here] units I don't mean all the units of that faction, I mean the units who have marks such as chaos warriors and knights and maybe spawns if you can make them.

Moers near Düsseldorf, Nordrheinwestfahlen, Germany.

Is there a possibility to add chaos warriors with halberds? Because those things were in the old warrior sprue.

I think the unit list is kinda complicated. You will have to make different units for every weapon combination.

Maybe i would suggest two handed weapons for the choosen warriors and for the "normal" warriors a variant with shield and handweapon and a variant with halberd.

Do you already have a unit list?
    And if yes, could we see it?

Awesome Cold One Knight Member Goncalou's Avatar

Cool Re: Faction Thread 5: Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Jargon
    Will the chaos warriors for the four gods be identical to each other stat wise, with only texture differences? Are you saving those differences for the veteran warriors (which, by the way, I would rename to Chosen of Chaos)?

The Chaos Army book shows very specific bonuses for the chaos warriors marked by a specific god:

"Nurgle: causes fear." Can we use the fear used by camels against horses here? Make them cause fear against all infantry and cavalry.

"Tzeentch: Generates power dice." This will be very tricky, depends on how magic is handled. Not sure how you would do this.

"Slaneesh: immune to psychology". Thats easy, give them a high morale level.

"Khorne: Frenzy". Since we cant do extra attacks without changing the animations, maybe just give them slightly higher attack number?

Also, an idea to increase the Chaos players unit list in the Grand Campaign:

Have an event occur sometime into the game, similiar to Gunpowder, where the Chaos player is picked as Chosen of the Gods. Suddenly he can start to build warriors and demons from all four of the Chaos Gods.

It would be interesting if there was a chance for the computer to be picked instead (only if the event kept reocurring, so you would eventually be picked). If you want to increase your chances of becoming the Chosen One, you better start killing the other Chaos factions.

But the computer being selected is a side issue, the priority here would be for the player to have more units made available to him, so later into the game he can field armies with a large range of troop types, and doesnt feel penned into just Khorne marauders, Khorne warriors, Bloodletters, and thats it.
    if u they r doing that how would u choose which ones u build before the chosen of the gods event would u use temples or is each clan of worshippers a different faction.
    It's a fool's race to be run, if all is lost if it be won.

Quote Originally Posted by Casuir
    Who do we make the pope then? And what about the collage of cardinals hes elected from? And where exactly does the everchosen come into all of this? All I can see you being left with is a four way race to take a settlement rather than the chaos factions being united under one leader. A better way to realisticly do it would be to give the player a trait called the everchosen when hes defeated the other chaos factions and if possible link this to an event which gives them access to troops from other powers.

Anyways Bwian made a suggestion box for ideas like these, best to keep them there and keep threads like these for discussion here for the armylist. Might be best if you stuck you ideas on how to make the game more fun and less warhammer in there too dr zoidberg.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=86038
    Why dont we make 'the gate to heaven' or whatever its called kind of like the senate in rome total war. this would solve the college of cardinals and pope issue, in fact why dont u guys make chaos like the roman families, that would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by alexader
    ok i don't know if khorne is called king but i know from the six edition(and in many more)rulebook that slannesh is called a prince,and if you did that research that you are telling,you propably should have noticed that,it is mentioned too many times in the books that he is called a prince of chaos.i am not arguing with you,relax.but i am defenetly sure that he is called a prince and he is defenetly not the biggest one,he is the younger one. (but for sure look it up if you have many books)
    thats true but isnt he also called the prince of pleasure

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast