Thread: This is madness!

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default This is madness!

Ok, this is really aggravating. I recently began an Aragonese campaign and for the most part I did quite well. By 1170, my empire stretched from Aquitaine and Toulouse in the north to Tunisia to the south. However, there was on major problem. From the beginning of the campaign to 1170, I'd had a grand total of four male heirs born. FOUR! And that includes the two that Aragon starts with. Due to this, my game ended in 1170, with my faction dissolving because of no heirs. I mean, come on! I had one king who was married at 26 and lived until he was 55. He did not bear one son! And only one daughter to boot. Is there some way of preventing this from happening? That was a very promising campaign!
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : This is madness!

Madness ?
    'DIS IS SPARTA !!!

Seriously, it once happened to me a while ago with another minor faction. That's annoying, and you can't really do anything AFAIK.

Default Re: Re : This is madness!

There IS a cheat, I don´t know it, through...
    Iä Cthulhu!

Default Re: This is madness!

The cheat is to type

.unfreeze.

while on the main campaign screen. Type it exactly as its written, with the periods and everything. You should hear one of the games sounds after you type it denoting your successfully ability to type.

At the end of the year, a male heir will be born. You can do this as often as you like, although the game won't allow you to have more than six male heirs at once.

Professional Cynic Member Innocentius's Avatar

...Madness?

It's not easy being a man, you know. I had to get dressed today... And there are other pressures.

- Dylan Moran

The Play

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Quote Originally Posted by random_pipings
    The cheat is to type

.unfreeze.

while on the main campaign screen. Type it exactly as its written, with the periods and everything. You should hear one of the games sounds after you type it denoting your successfully ability to type.

At the end of the year, a male heir will be born. You can do this as often as you like, although the game won't allow you to have more than six male heirs at once.
    What he said.

If you do use the .unfreeze. cheat code, I advise you do so before your current faction leader turns 40. Otherwise there's a chance he may die before your new heir comes of age.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone