Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The South Ossetia War

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Default The South Ossetia War

Actuality vs. an IH.

The war in South Ossetia, a little piece of land, the land of the Ossetians. Everyone have their interests in that piece of land... You don't know what it will trigger. You never know if a Second Cold War could be triggered... But for now, you can take place of Russia, invade them to free the Ossetians. You could be the Ossetians, a group of people who wants to live with freedom. You could be Georgia, and try to kick the Russians out of South Ossetia. Try to make an effort to delay the was as the UN, or try to enter the war being the US. There are 4 chances. Who will win? We are not sure, hell, even in real life we are not sure!

5 players needed:

Russia - Swedish Fish
    South Ossetia - Warmaster Horus
    Georgia - King Jan
    US - Ignoramus
    UN - Sarathos
    Last edited by Caius; 08-23-2008 at 18:55.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Formerly: SwedishFish Member KarlXII's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

Default Re: The South Ossetia War

Georgia. I'll take it.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

I'll take the US.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

------IGNORE,DELETE PLEASE--------
    Last edited by Abokasee; 08-11-2008 at 08:52. Reason: Delete this post please.... its a mojor embarresment.
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

SwedishFish and Ignoramus took the only ones I wanted!

I'll be watching this IH with interest, though.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

I am needing the two principals though.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

I'll switch to Russia, quick Jan III, now's your chance!
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

Can I just say that this is kind of immoral? Russia extending its hegemony over a poor and unfortunate area...
    That said, any conflict does make good material for an IH.

I'll take South Ossetia.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Last! UN please.
    Total Mafia Games played ~ 30
    Total Mafia Awards = 1

I will wait for King Jan, who wanted to play in this game. Will update with more info now.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishFish View Post
    I'll switch to Russia, quick Jan III, now's your chance!
    I don't want to force anybody out of their slot; you got here first, afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by {BHC} King Jan III Sobieski View Post
    I'm already Russia.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Quote Originally Posted by {BHC} King Jan III Sobieski View Post
    Come on, King! Take it. He changed his slot to let you play.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Yes, and let's start playing this!
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Alright, alright, I'll take Georgia!

Good. We will be starting tomorrow, as today I don't have the time.

And no, I won't leave this.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Um, it's been a couple of days now, so I'll ask: how far we are from starting?
    Check out the Gahzette!

Back.

President Mikheil Saakashvili wishes to announce that he is personally spearheading the effort to build up alliances for the autonomous, democratic Republic of Georgia. We ask the world to condemn the actions of this barbarian Russian government.

Lado Gurgenidze, Prime Minister of საქართველო

IGNORE THIS POST
    Last edited by Caius; 08-24-2008 at 03:23. Reason: DELETE THIS POST

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

I will have to remake the rules, because no body sent me a PM. Instead, to make things better... send me a PM with the stance of your country to the others for the Chapter one.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Awaiting PM from SwedishFish.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Turn 1 (Diplomatic Phase) : The War Has Just began

7th August.

Years ago, the government of Georgia launched a massive attack against the region of South Ossetia. And... the response from the Ossetians, people who want Ossetia as a free nation, free from Georgia.
    Moscow mediated a ceasefire, between both parts.

The ceasefire has not been broken... yet.

In the last weeks, the actual president of Georgia, Mikheil Saakashvili, has deployed an considerable ammount of soldiers in the Georgian - Russian border. This action, has been taken seriously by the Russian Government, taking it as a serious offense against the freedom of the Russian citizens, which has stated that "the Georgian government is deploying troops". One of their officials said, in recent declarations, "South Ossetia wants to be a free country, and want to stop bleeding from the actual genocide that South Ossetia suffers".

At the moment, an unexpected event came to the light. Apparently, the Georgians have launched an attack to the Russians without crossing the border. There is a lack of information about this issue, but this has lead to the beggining of this conflict. The Russian Foreign Ministry has released in a short publication the following statement: "In the last days, Georgia has commited ethnic cleansing and killed our peacekeepers, we cannot stand idly in such agression against the South Ossetians". Vladimir Shamanov, a Lieutenant General in the Russian Army, said "We are responding to aggresive Georgian action against the people of South Ossetia, and the killing of our troops."

Now, what may come? It's up to the involved factions in this matter.

* * *R U L E S * * *

Everyone of you have its aims, which will be PM'ed to you. Everyone of you have that aim that will have to accomplish in this Interactive History. Of course that it's not a good option to reveal your aims, or you won't have chances to win!

There will be two phases: Diplomacy Phase and Battle Phase:

In the first one, you will make use of your diplomats in the countries and/or the maximum autority in your country (Prime Minister and Presidents). Every nation will have their voice, except the South Ossetians. They won't be able to talk to the UN and the US, because the United Nations and the United States doesn't recognize South Ossetia as a free state, they recognize South Ossetia as a part of Georgia. However, they will be able to talk with Georgia to negotiate a diplomatic solution or they will be able to talk with Russia to ask for diplomatic and/or belic solutions to the conflict in their lands.

The another one will be represented by bellic actions. You will have soldiers, tanks, APC's (Armoured Personal Carriers) at your dispossal and via-PM you will send me what they will do.

Every week starting from now, will be a day in the game. We will be doing 1 day Diplomatic Phase, 2 days Battle Phases. If this goes well, there could be a World War conflict.

The US will appear in the second Diplomacy Phase. The UN when they consider its necessary.
    --------------------------------
    Ignoramus has not send me a PM, now that I check my Inbox. SF did, and thanks for the fast PM. This game will give chances to everyone to win, it will be up to you... and if the conditions are given.

Let the discussion begin!

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Some PM's has not been sent yet, sorry fo the delay. I will send it between today and tomorrow.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

As you all know, Georgia has been bullied and battered in its long history; I wish to reiterate: we will not be bullied by barbarians or terrorists alike!

As much as Georgia has been bullied, they are free and independent. When they were not, all they wanted was liberty. Is that so hard to understand? And so it is the same for those of South Ossetia. We want our independence, and we would like it peacefully.
    But rest assured, if Georgia will not satisfy us, we will take it by force!
    Check out the Gahzette!

Back.

The Russian Federation will not stand by while our peacekeepers are being killed in a cease-fire zone. We demand that Georgia pull out of South Ossetia and pay compensation for the 9 peacekeepers killed. If Georgia should refuse, we will have no choice but to forcefully ensure the cease-fire stays in effect.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

The UN will tolerant no threats or intimadation or a break in the imposed cease-fire zone from either side or the UN a peacekeeping force will have to be set in to control said cease-fire zone
    Total Mafia Games played ~ 30
    Total Mafia Awards = 1

Your attention please!

You have 4 days to achieve your objectives with the help of diplomacy! If you fail to win in this phase, you did not lose! You will have two Battle Phases to achive them with guns and firepower!

When you enter the battle phase, you will send me the ammount of troops you want to deloy, where, and which orders you want to give them. If your troops decide to advance, then you will have to give me a bit more of time to work out the battle system.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Expect new instructions tomorrow at 6 PM GMT -3

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

The Russian Federation calls upon the U.N. to support the creation of South Ossetia. We also warn the U.S. not to become involved on the side of Georgia.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast