Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edyz MTW MiniMod

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Edyz MTW MiniMod

Now that my copy of MTW is back and running, I decided to make a small mini mod to improve gameplay with the least possible modifications. Just using the editors (Gnome...) and with some extra stuff should prove something useful.

The MiniMod is for the Vikings Invasion expansion pack, with the 2.01 patch!!!

0.2 version

http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Mt...ads/MTWupload/
    File is EdyzMTWMiniMod0.2.rar.

Changes made:

- some provinces now have tradable goods or more than 1
    - some units can now be trained
    - special historical court titles for Early period Byzantines
    - creation time reworked for some buildings
    - changed stance of factions

In order to benefit, always start in EARLY mode. So far all the changes have been made for Early. Next versions will include more content for high and late periods.

INSTALLATION - Copy over the 3 files to your MTW folder as follows - Crusader prod and Build prod go in the main MTW folder. EARLY.txt goes in the MTW main folder->campmap->startpos.
    MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR FILES FIRST!!!

0.1 version

- added ownership and regional recruitment for the specific units which were not included
    - units include: Almughavars, Steppe Heavy Cavalry, Khazar Royal Cavalry...

Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BYIQT29V

Installation - copy over existing crusader_unit_prod11.txt - MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF THE ORIGINAL ONE FIRST!!!

Planned stuff for later versions

- possible addition of the Mongol Invasion expansion pack units for Mongols, like BKB has done with his SuperMod (not sure about this, will take some time )
    - add VI buildings in the original MTW campaign
    - historical titles for every faction
    - more region ownership for different factions
    - more tradable goods

Feedback is always welcome.
    Tested, and it works. If you experience problems, please dont hesitate to contact me.
    Last edited by edyzmedieval; 04-20-2008 at 15:55.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Default Re: Edyz MTW MiniMod

The download link for the first version is up!

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Good stuff Edyz!

Not much time lately, but i'll try to play a campaign in your mod at some point; keep it up!:)

May i ask what homelands you gave out?

Many Thanks

Noir

Nothing on the campaign map has changed. Just the ownership of units...

Proud

Been to:

The Ultimate Grand Inquisitor! Member UltraWar's Avatar

It's a shame that this won't be worked on any more or possibly not as much now.

Aw, don't be sad UltraWar. My laptop will be powerful enough to run even M2TW on good settings, and be sure I'll find even 1h to work on this. MTW is a must of my computer by the way... Being one of my favourite games.

Proud

Been to:

I started working again on the MiniMod. Expect some work up for playing soon.

Proud

Been to:

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Wow, this is a long revival... Good going on getting this mod back on track too.
    Also, might I suggest trying to get this uploaded to the org's server, megaupload isn't exactly my favourite place to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Good job man! Keep us updated.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Just a quick note - At the moment I'm putting correct and hopefully historical trade goods in every province. I won't add anything new, but my aim is to use every unexploited part of MTW to its full features.

Aims for 0.2:

- trading goods for every province
    - reworked building times
    - "training" time for boats will be shorter or longer, depending on the boat built
    - some units are now recruitable

Proud

Been to:

I've always wanted trade goods for every province... As if that an entire province doesn't have a single thing to trade. And why aren't you adding anything new? I'd like to see new trade goods, like olives in Greece. It'd be a nice feature.
    Last edited by Raz; 04-16-2008 at 01:33.
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

I will add stuff as the mod progresses. So far, I just want to use what MTW has inside, but is unused, and some rework in order to achieve better gameplay.

Proud

Been to:

0.2 version is now up!

Proud

Been to:

Can anyone provide some feedback? Are you enjoying the small changes made? Does it make it more interesting and harder at the same time?

Proud

Been to:

Triple post!? ooh, you're certainly desperate...
    Jokes, jokes...

Just remember that this is MTW + The Org... it isn't exactly as lively compared to the EB forums at the TW-Center. Just be patient and stick with it, don't let it die (like a certain Byzantium Three Kingdoms Mod).
    Anyway, I've got hold of it and will give it a try later today.
    Last edited by Raz; 04-24-2008 at 05:23.

A long time since I have played MTW, but I decided to restart the work on my MiniMod, maybe some will enjoy the tweaked gameplay. Enjoy guys.

Version 0.3

- added trading goods for different provinces (Greece now has OliveOil, as Raz suggested )
    - historical titles for the Byzantines contain all of the historical provinces of empire
    - added ownership of unused units (all Catholic factions can recruit Early Foot Knights and Early Royal Foot Knights, plus others!)
    - tried and tested, bug free (look down for the only bug)

WARNING - I reported crashes after exiting a battle, but this is most likely because I have Vista 64-bit. Use at your own risk.

DOWNLOAD LINK - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=82KZD9OQ

Future versions

- historical titles for all factions
    - trading goods will be for all provinces (in the process of testing and tweaking, some regions are overpowered)
    - reworked bulding times and costs
    - reworked training costs and unit upkeep

Enjoy!
    Last edited by edyzmedieval; 04-18-2009 at 20:35.

Proud

Been to:

I'd like to see new units to add in?:)

New units, 90% I will NOT include new units because I have to create them and it's a time consuming process. Maybe I can import some units from other mods, we'll see.

Proud

Been to:

Did anyone play my mod? Any feedback?

Proud

Been to:

Could you teach me how to import units into the game ?

I was wondering if anyone had the time to play and could offer me some feedback whether they liked my small improvements.

Proud

Been to:

Jeez. Sorry Edyz. I was supposed to give some feedback some time ago wasn't I?
    Caught up in life since then.

Holidays now though, so I've got some extra time on my hands. I'll be able to give this thing a(nother) whirl within a couple weeks.

Till then.
    Last edited by Raz; 09-30-2009 at 13:27.

Any feedback guys? Holidays are coming, I'll be up with another version in the next couple of weeks.

Proud

Been to:

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

After playing 0.2 I just figured that there is 0.3 hidden in your thread. I'll give it a try this week. I liked 0.2 a lot, although AI Byz tend to be a steamroller in early. Might be due to the huge starting treasury.

I've restarted work on the MiniMod since I've revived my passion for MTW
    More tradable goods this time, and I'm reworking the support and recruit costs for almost all of the units.

I'm trying to see if I can tinker with the rebels, so they won't be as easy, particularly the ones in Russia.

Proud

Been to:

For future versions I will be adding versions based on existing units, but with their specific banners and their own stats.
    Futhermore, the Eastern almost all of them will have trading goods this time, based on their historical trading. Plus the reworked titles.

I will also add a rework of the Historical Campaigns and Historical Battles, make them balanced. I will do a package of files that will balance some battles and make some a bit harder, but the ones like Jaffa will be somewhat modified to give the player a chance at actually winning the battle.

It should be out soon, I am working on it.

Proud

Been to:

Sounds good, I'll give it a try.

Good to know some people play my mod.

Proud

Been to:

Planned units for upcoming releases. These are units already in the game but have been reworked and renamed.
    I will add these and then perhaps I will add more units based on existing ones. Some units will be removed, such as Dismounted Royal Bodyguards.

- Polish Dismounted Nobles
    - Lithuanian Cavalry (available for recruitment)
    - Alan Mercenary Cavalry (reworked stats and availability)
    - Wallachian Boyars
    - Vardariotai
    - Mercenary Swiss Pikemen
    - Imperial Knights
    - Scottish Nobles
    - Pictish Cavalry (reworked stats and availability)
    - Yeoman Longbowmen
    - Order Foot Soldiers (reworked stats and availability)

Proud

Been to:

Sooo, how's it coming along edyz?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast