Thread: Star Wars

Ossie The 1st Member Ossie The Great's Avatar
    Very far away........ ( which usally is the beach )

Default Star Wars

Hi
    I am going to start work on a new star wars mod , at the moment i am leading nania total war as well so i am going to be very busy , so my hope is to find somone suitable to take over this star wars mod but for the time being u have only got me:P

we are very desprately needing somone to export some models as cas.

we are also looking for 2d artits, coders, scripters ect.....

Baba fett

Dath Vader ( needs a clock doing )

Genral Grivous

please note that i did not make the models :)
    Last edited by Ossie The Great; 06-08-2007 at 19:59.

The Dark Knight Member wlesmana's Avatar

Default Re: Star Wars

RTW engine is not very good at anything but melee fights so a Star Wars mod is as hard as making a WW2 mod. It'd be a horde of Stormtroopers exchanging volleys at a horde of rebels. Someone tried to make a Clone Wars mod before and it failed.

If you want to make a SW mods that would look and plays great, Dawn of War's or Company of Heroes' game engine is better suited.

Quote Originally Posted by wlesmana
    RTW engine is not very good at anything but melee fights so a Star Wars mod is as hard as making a WW2 mod. It'd be a horde of Stormtroopers exchanging volleys at a horde of rebels. Someone tried to make a Clone Wars mod before and it failed.

If you want to make a SW mods that would look and plays great, Dawn of War's or Company of Heroes' game engine is better suited.
    Thanks for your advise.

I think at the moment i will put this mod on a hold as i want to concetrait on narnia total war as much i can and i can not do both

So untill narnia total war is realesed there is no way i am going to start a new mod ( i think i was just having a crazy day when i thought about it )

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Everyone has crazy ideas sometimes, occasionally some end up being released (see my sig. for someone else's!)

As you're not now actually in development I'm going to move this into mod discussion ( assuming I can find right buttons )

Mak.
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

the models look brilliant!!
    " its funny when you think that if no war had existed there could be no peace ,without war, peace has no oppsite,but in the end it means nothing but what is a idea but words that blossoms in the minds of fickle or brilliant men that give them purpose and to them a meaning ." William Anderson 1781

its isn’t impossible! You can make them shoot just like Napoleonic total war have done. However, planes are a problem. Plus the vehicles are not easy either but can be done. I remember someone making a tank so they can be done. I think planes aren’t impossible to make but will prove very difficult!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar5321
    its isn’t impossible! You can make them shoot just like Napoleonic total war have done. However, planes are a problem. Plus the vehicles are not easy either but can be done. I remember someone making a tank so they can be done. I think planes aren’t impossible to make but will prove very difficult!
    It can be done, it would just look terribly wrong and out of place in the Star Wars universe. A Star Wars game would be much better suited to a different engine, it just isn't realistic for TW.

Thats a bit odd, claiming a Star Wars game wouldn't be REALISTIC! or could it, in real life.[/mindless ranting]

The Dark Knight Member wlesmana's Avatar

If people want to see what a WW1, WW2, Star Wars, etc mod would look like, just play Barbarian Invasion, turn off limited ammo in preference, then choose 2 factions with crossbowmen units and carriage ballistas. That is what modern warfare would play like on RTW engine.

N2TW works because they're using muskets. And they actually did fought like that in those days, firing in volleys. Note that you cannot make the reloading (pause between volleys) faster, only slower, nor can you make them fire without doing volleys.

Even though i had the star wars idea , saddly i must agree with Roman Man and wlesmana , this mod would never work on the count of numerous reasons , so i am afraid, bye bye star wars

yea there is also alot of work involved so its the best option

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

What wlesmana said.

PLANES ARE POSSISABLE IN the MOD LOTRTW THEY WERE ABLE TO MAKE FLYING FELLBEASTS!!!!!!

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

This discussion has been had before. True planes are not possible, they are just land units without legs, they have the appearance to be flying, but they aren't, they can't move through impassible terrain, and they can be attacked/stopped/killed by any ground unit.

Death and Glory TW modder Member Flying Pig's Avatar

Sorry about the threadomancy but you could do it as a pre-clone wars mod, so one faction would nbe the Jedi Knights themselves, one the CIS who could use some form of sling bullet as guns, one the sith, sans guns except maybe some very destructive seige weapon shots, aand ships could be made into star fleets. I would help as much as I can if someonw else did the 3ds models and maps, battlemap buildings and any other modelling, I can skin to a limited degree with a sample for co-ordinates and do most aspects of the .txt files. It is possible, and a great idea!

Planes as well could be made better by giving them a ridiculous defense skill so as to make them invulnerable to swords. It still meas that thy can be stopped by lad men, but only a complete idiot/the AI would try stopping guns and bombs with swords.

EDIT: If it is dead, get someone to release the models - they're amazing!
    Last edited by Flying Pig; 06-25-2008 at 16:20.
    Death And Glory TW Needs You - Sign Up Now! All it takes is one PM!

Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.

Ō zein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tēide
    keimetha tois keinōn rhēmasi peithomenoi.

Go, thou that passeth, to the Spartans tell
    That as per their orders, here we fell.

Default AW: Star Wars

great idea to make a star wars mod
    Try it in the Hell again!!!

DARKANGELZ

Death and Glory TW modder Member Flying Pig's Avatar

I intend to do so once empire comes out. Also, the robots would probably fire in voleys anyway
    Last edited by Flying Pig; 06-25-2008 at 16:21.
    Death And Glory TW Needs You - Sign Up Now! All it takes is one PM!

Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.

Ō zein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tēide
    keimetha tois keinōn rhēmasi peithomenoi.

Go, thou that passeth, to the Spartans tell
    That as per their orders, here we fell.

Bassist, God and Modder Member Thor the Bassist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Pig View Post
    I would help as much as I can if someonw else did the 3ds models and maps, battlemap buildings and any other modelling,
    You may have to advance that offer to getting 3 people to do those things because there's certainly 3 peoples work to do there.

Like the idea though - you'll have to see what the Empires engine is capable of - it may be possible that by modding the animations you can get fast firing weapons (also you could mod the projectiles and sounds to look like a burst fire).

Building for the Future of METW

hello everyone, anyone know where to buy the star wars galactic battlegrounds game? i used to have it, but th ecd got lost.