Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Age of Warlords

Default Re: Age of Warlords Version 1.0 Released!

Quote Originally Posted by fresco
    @BKB: I've always CTD when I click for the first time "next turn"!
    I've already installed a fresh copy of MTW,VI,Age of Warlords and patch 1.2 of your mod,and I not use matteosartori for view the entire map!
    This happens only if I choose "Huge units"!!! Any

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

I'm sorry mate I've no idea, I don't usually play with huge units on. I think the biggest I've got though is 100, so I'm not sure why the game would crash, especially on the campaign map. Its best though we limit the CTDs as much as possible though the little things however.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blind King of Bohemia
    Its best though we limit the CTDs as much as possible though the little things however.

For me this problem is an important thing because I play with MTW only with huge units!!!!
    However very compliment for your great new mod!!!!

Hi mate
    I cant play the mod mate
    I done a new install with VI and all patches and i rename it becose i got more mods on my computer, so in my Programs i done a map named Total war AoW (Age of Warlords) in this map i got a fresh MTW with VI and all updates, i installed the AoW mod also in this map and copieed a shortcut, but the game dont work mate it just runs the normal MTW VI and this is wot i always do with mods and they work fine mate do you perhabs know wot this got be ? cane you help me mate?
    Cheers mate,

Hi mate
    problem is solved for somme reason it installed it in to the MTW folder insted of the main MTW.

Ok fist CTD i started to play the Kingdom of Deneubarth and wanted to atack the rebel faction and i click on next turn and it CTD, this wos the first time i clickt on next turn so i tryed it again with the same faction and the same units and again it CTD, so i tryed to play the englisch to check and this whent ok so i guess there s somme bug with the Kingdom of Deneubarth,

so i hope this will help you mate if i see more ill report it to you mate
    cheers for now

I have question mate
    When i installed the mod it when in to the folder cald medieval-total war (the MTW folder in the main MTW ) so i kopieed all wot wos in it and paste it on the main folder, so i got the mod 2 times in my MTW and this wos to much space in my MTW so i deleted everything wot wos in the MTW folder and kopieed new ones from a new Medieval total war on my computer my question is if you instal a mod is there sommething going to be installed in the medieval-total war (the MTW folder in the main MTW ) i meen is it good wot i done or did i damaged the game maybe sommewhere????
    i most say the game works fine the only thing wot whent wrong wos the bug

cheers

Hi mate
    A other CTD with the county of Hainaut same problem first next turn and then it whent CTD
    cheers mate

I keep getting a few more CTD on the first turn when I click on next year. I think It happend with Scotland, Denmark, Galloway, Norway, Welsh Gwynedd, Deheubarth, Connacht,

Question Re: Age of Warlords Version 1.0 Released!

I'm getting similar to Scotty and Axel: CTD on first end turn as Toulouse, on second as Castilian Leonese. 1.2 patch installed, no matteosartori.

Hi, What directs the game to look for the portraits in campmap/Portraits/Angevin folder? If it is by the culture and the Override function for the portraits in the startpos file, how does it know to look in the Angevin folder?

Very strange - I just played the installation version, the ones you guys have, and I got through 50 years as Deheubarth without crashing. I take it you didn't have huge unit sizes on either? I need to experiment with more factions. Had you done anything in those two turns? I need to try and recreate it if possible.

Manteuffel, at the start of the startpos file I have stated that the files should look for the Angevin folder in terms of textures, and I believe this must apply to portraits as it works in the game.

I've been playing it with default settings no matteosartori and I've tried not doing anything at all and just clicking next turn. It starts 'thinking' then CTD. I have managed to do about 30+ years with the Algonquin Tribes with no problems at all though.

same here mate, it just CTD in the first turn did have the same problem last night with the scotts only this time it happend after 4 turns

Again I have just played through 90 turns with Toulouse with no crashes.

Are any of you using the gold version of medieval and VI by any chance?

no mate just the normal one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blind King of Bohemia
    Again I have just played through 90 turns with Toulouse with no crashes.

Are any of you using the gold version of medieval and VI by any chance?

I'm using the Gold Version, and I can get through 4 turns at most with any faction, most only last 1 turn and it crashes though. I downloaded the patch and everything.

I should add, the normal game crashes after a few turns unless I have it on the highest resolution, I've never understood why.

Normal game runs fine at highest resolution though.

But, when I play the mod, I turn huge units off, I have it on the highest resolution, and still, I can only play it for a few turns.

It sucks, cause it looks like an awesome mod, and I loved your Supermod.

I can only apologize while I look further. So I take it this problem is with every faction then? I just got through 60 turns with Hainaut with no problems either. The only difference I can think of is that my other installation (the one I actually uploaded) does not have the 1.2 patch installed over it (I did the amendments manually) so I'll try that and see if it makes a difference.

With this and the custom battles problem I'm afraid things haven't turned out too well at the minute but I can assure you, whilst I admit there is the odd CTD, it shouldn't be anything like this. It looks bad I know but once again I'm stumped as to what is causing this.

Thats no problem mate if i cane help you with any thing you let me know, i think its only a small thing wot will be fixed good things takes time mate

Smile Re: Age of Warlords Version 1.0 Released!

BKB

I wondered if somehow fact that I'd chosen to install in another folder, not Total War folder, might have contributed. So I reinstalled, this time not browsing for another folder but just letting the installer put it where it wanted. Same problem - crash on first end turn as Toulouse, even without attempting to do anything.

Since you've got a non-crashing version, this is a real puzzler - though oddly same thing happened with Macsen Rufus' Ancient Mod a week or so back - his version worked fine, but the uploaded version crashed (including for him). I think his solution was around deleting redundant stuff from vanilla - in the uploaded version either he had deleted too much or too little, causing clashes - but that was only his best guess.

Good luck with the hunt. It,s hopeful that there is a non-crashing version to fall back on. By the way, I'm not using Gold.

Ah, looking forward to again playing Medieval TW. MTW is the gift that keeps on giving and modders like BKB are the reason this is the case. I think we owe you a few pints mate.

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Age of Warlords Version 1.0 Released!

Good luck for solving the issue BKB. Modding TW games is sometimes a pain in the back.
    I'll re-install MTW and try your mod as soon as we'll get a less buggy version ;)

Installed MTW plus patch 1.1, then VI plus patch 2.01, then AOW mod and patch. My two attempts to start campaign as Flems and Aragonese both crashed as the campaign was loading.

Will reinstall MTW, patch 1.1, and VI sans patch 2.01, then AOW mod and patch and see how that goes. Will let everyone know how I go.

May I ask: what is matteosartori? and how and where do I turn it off?

Tried the faction Hainaut 4 times with different unit sizes and video settings, but it always crashes 1st year, end of turn. I'm now using the Algonquin tribes and have played about 10 turns without any major problems. I did however notice when you receive messages about heirs and emissaries, there is no picture. I just thought you should know.

There is meant to be no event pictures for the Indians, because otherwise they would be Arab ones and I didn't want that.

I'm going to have an intensive look at what could be causing the problems today, hopefully I'll post back later with good news.

Hi mate
    I tryed to play the eskimo tribe all whent well for about 6 turns then CTD i trye to find somme thing but no luck mate i hope you do

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

I haven't tried the mod yet, so I can't really give out any information (by the way, looks great). Is it possible that it has to deal withy what the computer is doing? Do any of you have "show computer moves" on? Could it also be a minor typo (or series of some such) in "SetAttributes:", "SetBorderInfo:", or "SetNieghbors:"? Maybe it has something to do with localization files, particularly in "Changes" and "Names"? Did you do anything to the files when you packed and uploaded them? Could the packing and uploading have changed them (Not an expert on this, but I've heard of files that do corrupt when packed)?

I'll be downloading later when I get back from work, so I think I can help you better then.

deleted by user due to sheer stupidity of question
    Last edited by King Noob the Stupid; 06-24-2007 at 18:17.
    This post was not written by a native English speaker, we apologise for the fault in the grammar and spelling.

The grim and frostbitten wastes of... Melbourne

I've been anticipating this mod for a long time... Very glad you're still working on it.
    Did a clean install of MTW and VI. Loaded the mod and 1.2 patch. Started campaign as the Norse. Ended my first turn by clicking the button. On the dawn of the second turn the Eskimos invaded one of my provinces in Greenland, and although i was heavily outnumbered i still took out a hell of a lot of them before i was overrun. The province was lost and i got a message declaring it. I then received a ransom request as well as several requests for alliances and Vices/Virtues message after which the game crashed.
    Could the error somehow be connected with the messages? This is shaping up to be a truly great mod, lets hope these bugs are fixable.

Whenever I start a game (with 1.2 installed over 1.0 installed over VI 2.01), it crashes. Depending on the faction I choose, some lead to immediate CTD after the campaign has loaded (the kind of CTD people with a Geforce 5xxx or newer will know), others will let me have a short glimpse of the map and only CTD when I move the mouse or press any key. Vanilla campaign seems to work with the same installation of the game, the other installation (on another HD partition) runs like a charm.
    This post was not written by a native English speaker, we apologise for the fault in the grammar and spelling.

Alright lads I finally had a chance to take a good look and I believe I've sorted out the major problems - the custom battle crash and the quick campaign CTDs. You may still get the odd CTD in campaign mode but rest assured it will be much less frequent and later on - I played 100 years without crash as Toulouse yesterday. You can download patch 1.3 now:

BKB Age of Warlords Version 1.3 Patch

Aside from those two major fixes, this version also includes:

* With thanks to OmarPacha, many revisions and amendments to review panel and battle icons, which are absolutely stunning work, full props to Omar for these.

* With thanks to Midnight, 3 brilliant new Eskimo portraits - he truly has achieved magnificent results I'm sure you'll agree, the guy is extremely talented and hopefully there will be more to follow in a future update.

* Fixes to minor bugs - many "could not translate" names and descriptions have been fixed while the Welsh factions now have Welsh surnames (for some bizarre reason they had Scots surnames in the release.

I hope you are now able to enjoy the game a lot more, rest assured this was the version I intended to be released three weeks ago.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast