Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Age of Warlords

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Default Re: Age of Warlords Version 1.0 Released!

Try changing your graphics card AA to x2 Riadach.
    Last edited by naut; 07-08-2007 at 00:59.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

And how on god's green earth does one do that? :-)

crisis averted, it was a question of resolution apparently. Still only lasted 30 years on connacht though.

http://primeupload.com/file/125736/T...e-181.cpg.html
    It took 4 tries to get: 3,782,717 bytes size
    To test the download 3,784,704 bytes size on disk

Norse 1181 A.D.
    Could not get past 1160 unless I did absolutley nothing but click "End Year".
    Then it would ctd again.
    In the very beginning of the game, Took all knarrs out of the East Davis Strait, Northwest Atlantic Ocean, Denmark Strait and GreenLand Sea, ( did not disband, just moved them ), until 1175 thru 1181. Now have knarrs in all before mentioned sea's plus another sea in the area. I do not have a clue why this one time it went so far. 1162 was the furthest it went before......

....The Battle of Inner Greenland of 1187 went CTD after the (1)first battle, then auto-calc o.k. for the (2)second, then CTD before the (3)third battle, then restarted the game, (4)fourth battle then CTD, then restart for the another auto-calc o.k for the (5)fifth.
    Continued from there to the Battle of Godthab in 1193; Battle went well.
    The castle assault of Godthab went well also in 3D.
    No problems in this session with the 2D map. 1198 A.D.
    Last edited by Zathernon; 07-09-2007 at 07:47.

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Some intensive testing there mate, and some interesting findings. 1160 does seem to be the usual time, I will have to investigate what it could be about that particular time that would cause a crash (the Norse use the 'Byzantine ID' by the way....)

Made it to 1196 with Norse without problems until the battle of Lower Helluland against the Eskimo. I tried the battle manually twice, and got a CTD at the end of the battle both times. Auto-battle was fine and able to proceed, although not fun. I seem to get most of my crashes now right after a manual battle.

Perhaps then it might have something to do with the battle itself? Was it a siege battle do you know?

I tried my Connacht campaign again yesterday on austosave. First time is crashed in 1182 after the auto-resolved battle of Meath, reloaded again, endured the auto-resolved battle, and it crashed when the galwegians (pesky feckers) sallied out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blind King of Bohemia
    Perhaps then it might have something to do with the battle itself? Was it a siege battle do you know?
    No, there wasn't any siege equipment or cavalry involved, just infantry. I was invading with the Norse, and using mostly mercenary troops.

Made it to 1314 with the Ui Neill. Was preparing to attack the rebels in Alsace when it CTD,d. Could have been my machine, it is over three years old.
    Have a great friendship with the Connaught. They have the other half of Ireland.
    Think i'll have another look at the Norse.

P.S. In my previous Norse campaign, they had siege equipment when they assaulted Godthad; four catapults , one and half archers, and a unit of Scandinavian mercenaries.
    Last edited by Zathernon; 07-12-2007 at 03:29.

Speaking of Connaught, I'm a little confused about how to do trade from there.
    The Straits of Sicily(East-central north Atlantic) says it borders: Volhnia(Leinnster)no, Carpathia(Meath)no, Kiev(Connaught)yes, Pereyaslavl(Munster)no
    Kiev says it borders : Central Med(N Irish sea)no, Gulf of Sidra, (S Irish sea) no, Prussia(lesser Iceland sea)no, Volga Bulgaria(Greater Iceland Sea)no, Afrika Coast(Greenland Sea)no

I must be missing something here. I can import but I can't export from Connaught.
    Am I reading this all wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zathernon
    Speaking of Connaught, I'm a little confused about how to do trade from there.
    The Straits of Sicily(East-central north Atlantic) says it borders: Volhnia(Leinnster)no, Carpathia(Meath)no, Kiev(Connaught)yes, Pereyaslavl(Munster)no
    Kiev says it borders : Central Med(N Irish sea)no, Gulf of Sidra, (S Irish sea) no, Prussia(lesser Iceland sea)no, Volga Bulgaria(Greater Iceland Sea)no, Afrika Coast(Greenland Sea)no

I must be missing something here. I can import but I can't export from Connaught.
    Am I reading this all wrong ?
    1314 is phenomenal mate, I'm amazed at some of the lengths of your games.

I've had a look at my files and the borders appear to be intact; I have corrected a lot of these though. I'm considering releasing a small patch with these amendments and some others in to see if it makes any improvements to the game.

Hi mate,
    I like your mod its verry good.
    I did have my first CTD at 1248 turning on to 1249 AD i am playing the Kingdom of Gwynedd so i started again from my auto save and after a fue turns it CTD again at 1248/1249 AD i hope this will helps you mate i dont have more info about the CTD sry mate

I saw this Mod and read the word 'Greenland' and I've come running, I've got your SuperMod installed at the moment as was wondering what the differences in this one are, and how I would go about installing it w/o unstalling the SuperMod.
    Cheers mate, The Frunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk the Guest
    I saw this Mod and read the word 'Greenland' and I've come running, I've got your SuperMod installed at the moment as was wondering what the differences in this one are, and how I would go about installing it w/o unstalling the SuperMod.
    Cheers mate, The Frunk.
    Rename the directory that the Medieval - Total War directory is in to something like Medieval Total War - BKB Super Mod. Then do a completely new install of the game, including VI and patch and install this mod into that directory. I keep a clean unused installation and just copy the Medieval - Total War directory to a new base directory whenever I want to install a new mod. In this case the new base directory would be Medieval Total War - Age of Warlords. You can call it what you want of course.

Great work BKB! I played for quite some time as the Algonquins and had no problems. I'm just happy to finally get to control some Native Americans and beat down the European invaders. Speaking of which, have you ever considered a MTW1 mod that focuses on the South American colonization and the Aztecs? Fascinating period of time that I don't think has been explored for this game. I dislike the new campaign/strategy map style they put in place on Rome, so this is probably the ultimate TW game for me.

Anybody figure out the why the Angevin unit prod makes Gnome freeze up by the way? I got the freeze on unit 202 as well, but I'd really like to fiddle around with the stats. The mod itself is working very well though.

Is this still being worked on BKB?

Also, the new map leaves a little to be disired. Any way to make less provinces but a bigger (area) map? France and England probably are the only two countries worth playing, plus North America isn't that big (in the mod).
    Last edited by Wladyslaw IV; 07-30-2007 at 17:41.
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Wladyslaw IV
    Is this still being worked on BKB?

Also, the new map leaves a little to be disired. Any way to make less provinces but a bigger (area) map? France and England probably are the only two countries worth playing, plus North America isn't that big (in the mod).

I take it your not a modder?

Quote Originally Posted by The Blind King of Bohemia
    I take it your not a modder?
    How'd you tell?

Anyway the map in your supermod is just great. Really depics the sketchyness of a Medieval map. I've only been able to try out the first era though.

I guess it is too much to redo the map for warlords. I have no idea how much time would have to go in to it.

I have a question. Would it be possible in warlords to do the map in such that you squeeze North America and Europe together more, ahistorically, and then add new provinces? That would rock.
    Last edited by Wladyslaw IV; 08-02-2007 at 06:26.
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

BKB, I'm downloading this thing as I write this, what exactly is this mod up to in terms on completion?

Anyway, it looks good. Cheers mate, The Frunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Wladyslaw IV
    Would it be possible in warlords to do the map in such that you squeeze North America and Europe together more, ahistorically, and then add new provinces? That would rock.

Very nice mod, i have played many years as the kingdom of Argyll with no problems at all

Hi, I tried playing this mod (after installing it, and it's two patches on the first page of this thread) but when I wanted to play the mod, the game'd start without the mod (as usual MTW BI- gold edition)

so maybe someone (or sometwo) could explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

FrisianDude , I'll give it a try, but know there is more than one way to load a Mod. Here is one example:

1. Start with a fresh install of MTW:VI with the 2.01 patch. Your version may already have the patch on it from the CD.
    2. Assume you installed it to the default setting; C:\Program Files\Total War\Medieval - Total War
    3. Create a new destination in your "C" drive by creating a new "Folder" in your "C" drive and rename it ( AoWProgram Files ).
    4. Open your new "AoWProgram Files" folder , create a new folder in it and rename it ( Total War ).
    5. Now Copy the "Medieval-Total" folder from ( C:\Program Files\Total War\Medieval - Total War ) and Paste it into the "Total War" folder of (C:\AoWProgram Files\Total War ) that you had created earlier.
    6. Go To http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...Released-.html
    7. DownLoad all three files and install them in order. 1.0 , 1.2 then 1.3 in that order.
    8. When you start the installer from the downloaded files, the destination by default is ( C:\Program Files\Total War ).
    9. Click the Browse tab in the installer and find ( C:\AoWProgram Files\Total War ). Install there.

Doe this help ?

Unhappy Re: Age of Warlords Version 1.0 Released!

afraid it doesn't...
    maybe that'll have something to do with the fact that I've got MTW:VI gold edition?

MEDIEVAL: TOTAL WARTM GOLD EDITION PATCH
    The exe file that comes with the Sega Medieval Gold edition is version 2.0. This patch will update it to version 2.01. This isn't necessary for those of you who have purchased the Eras pack as this already comes patched to 2.01.

Instructions:
    The installation of this file must be done manually as follows.
    Download the file and replace your current executable with this one. It's probably best if you retain a backup of your old one. By default, the destination folder Medieval Gold installs to is "C:Program FilesThe Creative AssemblyMedieval - Total War - Gold Edition".

Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Download the patch

http://downloads.sega-europe.com/pat...edieval_TW.exe

have you done this yet ?

Red face Re: Age of Warlords Version 1.0 Released!

no.. ehh how do I install it? when I click on "open" after downloading it, it says something that BUGSLAYERUTIL.DLL can't be found that I have to re-install that..

If you have a "short-cut'" to MTW:VI on your "Desktop", Right-Click it, then go to Properties/Find Target, the MTW:VI battle flag icon is what you want to replace with the one you down-loaded.

The down loaded executable should have 7,079,107 bytes.

I hate to say it mate but it keeps crashing 5 years in for me with allot of factions:(

Its mostly random but i dont know what triggers is.

I do have to say that wow the AI alliences actually mean something. They help me allot.

Edit: It happens around 1160 i think.

Edit: I can confirm, on 1160 excactly it CTD's.
    Last edited by Davidian; 09-03-2007 at 16:14.

Can you give a status report on the 1160 bug?

And is there anything we can do to help?

Hi mate
    are you still working on the crash problem do you need more info mate???

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast