Thread: EB Music Announcement: Prehistoric Music Ireland

Default EB Music Announcement: Prehistoric Music Ireland

Prehistoric Ireland Music (at prehistoricmusic.com)

You can find their CD's at these links. If you like the samples there please support them! (and tell them where you heard about their work too):

Other links mentioned above include:
    Audio Samples of Prehistoric Music Ireland
    Simon's book, Prehistoric Music of Ireland

And since we are talking about our music, don't forget about Morgan Casey and Nick Wylie, who created and performed the absolutely amazing soundtrack you hear now every time you load up EB! We still get chills hearing that horn when the menu screen comes into view.

(Note: If you are having trouble seeing the image above with the announcement in it, try this backup announcement image.)

Mister of the Universe!!! Member Caratacos's Avatar

Smile Re: EB Music Announcement: Prehistoric Music Ireland

I remember testing the music in-game to see if it fit... and boy it gave me goosebumps!

It is a wonderfull thing when different mediums with the same historical aim "to re-present history to a modern audience" can come together in such a way-- and so seemlessly, too. Thanks again to the O'Dwyers for letting us use their fantastic music in the mod.

Oh and thanks also to TA for making this happen... great job!

Heh I'm going to be the first to use the appropriate smiley!

Last edited by Caratacos; 06-21-2007 at 05:05.

Default Re: EB Music Announcement: Prehistoric Music Ireland

You said it Caratacos! Thank you

This unique music really gets me into a "tribal" mood, authentically to the roots and the past... I can't wait to start a campaign and warp
    HWÆT !
    “Vesall ertu þinnar skjaldborgar!” “Your shieldwall is pathetic!” -Bǫðvar Bjarki [Hrólfs Saga Kraka]
    “Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl þonne his ellen déah.” “The course of events often saves the un-fey warrior if his valour is good.” -Bēowulf
    “Gørið eigi hárit í blóði.” “Do not get blood on [my] hair.” -Sigurð Búason to his executioner [Óláfs Saga Tryggvasonar: Heimskringla]

Wes þū hāl ! Be whole (with luck)!

EB Historian/Artist Member Intrepid Adventurer's Avatar

Very, very cool. What a nice addition to the already great EB music score!

Axebitten Modder Senior Member Dol Guldur's Avatar

Great news!
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."

Only the greatest things can be said about Prehistoric Music Ireland and their endeavour to re-create Music from times long gone!

You like EB? Buy CA games.

Sounds cool but I wasnt able to hear the samples...
    They'll be out with the next release?

Yes, they will be in the next release.

Not sure why you couldn't hear the samples - they are just in direct mp3 format. They should play straight through your browser or at the least if you save them to your desktop and then listen to them from that. Make sure you are clicking on the cover of the CD and not the text title of the song (on their "Sounds" page).

Excellent news indeed! Back in vanilla, I wouldn't touch a barbarian faction with a 10-yard pole, but EB is making it impossible to resist!

Great work guys on the EB team, and thanks a million for letting EB use your music O'Dwyer!
    Currently Playing as:

If you like EB, you'll love:
    https://www.ancient-warfare.com/cms/

Wow, what great news, I'm very excited about this indeed!!

My gratitude to the O'Dwyer's!
    "He who throws his shield away, lives to fight another day!"

Thumbs up Re: EB Music Announcement: Prehistoric Music Ireland

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kick a****

Great news for me, but what about Morgan Casey and Nick Wylie? Will we hear more from them? I don't know how exactly professionals are they, but they made stunning work in my opinion. Semitic Battle Theme is over the top.

Maybe it's because EB is such an excellent example of sincere care and commitment, in what their trying to achieve, that various artists are willing to add to it with their talent.
    Anyway we are very lucky indeed to garnish such support, with everything that's going into the next build, it should be a treat indeed(when did you say it's being released )

Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar

This stuff is great! I listened to some songs from the Kilmartin CD and while the Bird calls weren't much to write home about the chanting, flutes, and of course the Horns were some creepiest stuff I've ever heard.And the one track called Bronze Age March almost had me screaming "BASBH BASBH BASBH! ADU ADU ADU!!!" Definitely worth being put into EB! Now if only we can get in touch with Melpomen.....
    Last edited by The Celt; 06-22-2007 at 22:54.
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

Currently rising to power as:

Glad you guys are looking forward to it!
    No release date yet Digby - you know better than that.

Morgan and Nick are working on different projects now Praxil - Morgan is doing the music for The Lordz Gaming Studio's Napoleonic era game, so check their forum out to see what she's up to lately. Not sure what Nick has been doing most recently. We really couldn't possibly ask for any further material from them - it's something like 28 pieces total that they did with us spread out over all of our culture groups (between the main title, culture themes, mobilization and battle themes, victory and defeat ones), and we are thrilled to have them and won't be replacing any of them at all certainly.

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Good news indeed. The music's great, can easily imagine marching my Celtic troops over the hills to this!
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

An Imperfect Follower of Light Member Wolfman's Avatar

I feel like going to war! I can see my troops at the gates of Rome ready to sack it as the citys denizens look at my army in fear!
    Last edited by Wolfman; 06-24-2007 at 20:22.
    Tales of Gods and Kings - An Arverni AAR-DEAD
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...82#post1930882
    A People of the Mist - Casse AAR-ALIVE!!!!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Mist-Casse-AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    it's something like 28 pieces total that they did with us spread out over all of our culture groups (between the main title, culture themes, mobilization and battle themes, victory and defeat ones), and we are thrilled to have them and won't be replacing any of them at all certainly.
    I'm just curious as to how you will integrate the new music with the old music: surely a Casse/whatever army can only fight a battle with either Piece A or Piece B playing? Or will you make it a 50% chance each time? Or will fighting in different areas mean different pieces?

Also, what are your plans for new music for the new factions that you will have in EB2? Or will the existing music simply be integrated into the new factions' campaigns?

Cheers!

wow this is weird...prehistoric music (before writing) of Ireland being the same as Bronze Age Irish music (thousands of years later)...
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind...but there is one thing that science cannot accept - and that is a personal God who meddles in the affairs of his creation."
    -Albert Einstein

It sounds weird... Sorry, but I can't see myself enduring 12 hours of this every day, it is quite jarring on the ears in the long run. Atmospheric, but it can get too atmospheric. I played the Sweboz and had to quit after four hours... I preferred the original barbarian music. More cliched, but perfectly melodious. Otherwise, we'd have to apply authentic Greek music to the Greeks, gods forbid.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Megas Alexandros's heir Member Spoofa's Avatar

I personally like the new music, sounds like some kind of music you'd hear in the Austrailian outback

It's pretty cool.

Listen to any serious reproductions of period celtic music (virtually none exist - but you can hear other artists on the Kilmartin Sessions) and you'll find this is what you would expect to hear from period instruments given what we know from archaeology and other cultures' use of similar instruements. We are thrilled to be able to bring a little edumakashun to you guys on these topics.

Oh, p.s.: we got some other great news on the music front today - in due time there will be another announcement.

PreCISEly. It sounds aboriginal. But we're in Europe... And anyhow, it's cool, but not meant for long-haul listening, y'know? Not exactly easy listening music, that's the problem... It's historically interesting, but ergonomically inconducive to EBbing...

But yup, learning about new cultures and stuff is always pleasurable. ^_^

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

I would just like to add my personal thanks to EB and Prehistoric Music Ireland for the inclusion of this new music in 1.0, the greater variety of music greatly extends my campaigning session time. Also I pray this secret information TA is being cryptic about is more music, maybe roman or greek??? But for now my ears are more then satisfied with the present treat they have been given.

1.0 completed:
    -Baktria

Quote Originally Posted by pezhetairoi
    PreCISEly. It sounds aboriginal. But we're in Europe...
    Read on my southern-hemisphere friend!

http://homepage.eircom.net/~bronzeag...FourVoices.pdf

BTW, the selections chosen were the ones thought to be most conducive to the "EB" environment.

I agree that the Irish music doesn't really qualify as music. It's not exactly U2, but it gives an awesome atmosphere. When you're under pressure and that strange humming noise kicks in, it's perfect.

Question Re: EB Music Announcement: Prehistoric Music Ireland

It sounds aboriginal
    What exactly do you mean by this?

Mister of the Universe!!! Member Caratacos's Avatar

Smile Re: EB Music Announcement: Prehistoric Music Ireland

He means, like an aboriginal australian (the so-called "Aboriginies").

Well the music in the game is good, it takes a LIL' getting used to it though. However, at least in my gallic campain, the old music will come in every now and..... a good while later.

Carthalo or Karali Member KuKulzA's Avatar

its awesome, i love it, thanks EB and Prehistoric Ireland Music folks, for such an enjoyable Getai campaign so far with deep horns in the background... and the clash of rhomaphilas on enemies