Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Sengoku Jidai, Japanese interactive History

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: Sengoku Jidai, Japanese interactive History

I think I'm going to have to drop out I don't think I can take this on right now sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Humanist Senior Member Franconicus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    I think I'm going to have to drop out I don't think I can take this on right now sorry.
    Sad to loose my ally!

Nevermind! Good luck!!
    Last edited by Franconicus; 07-06-2007 at 08:24.

Quote Originally Posted by LegioXXXUlpiaVictrix
    From Takeda

Takeda is curious - what is this thing called Christianity? Can you eat it? Can you drink it? Or is it a new type of weapon?

Imagawa had first contact with the strangers several years ago. They come from the south. Therefore we call them Nanban; they call themselves poor-toy-kease or cristians.

They had big ships and superior firearms. However, in the meantime, Imagawa artisans know how to manufacture even better firearms and we also started to build large ships, similar to the Nanban ones.

The Nanban are the most barbaric people we know. They do not show self-control. They show their feelings – happiness as well as anger – to everybody. They do not know respect, not even to their own commanders. They have no manners – they eat with their hands, they do not use handkerchiefs, they do not wash themselves. They do not have any traditions.

Their big ships are useful for trade. Most of the goods they sell come from China. Obviously they are not able to produce other goods than guns. They are keen on silver and copper.

They do not know the lessons from Buddha. They believe that world was created by their God and that it will be gobbled by a dragon someday. They do not understand that the world has no beginning and no end. That is why we call this religion Creationism or Dragonism .

They believe that the world is a bullet, flying through space without any fixing.

They believe that there is only one god, which had made many rules, which they ignore completely. You see, they do not respect even their own god! They believe that, when they are dead, they will come to a place called Hell. They do not believe in reincarnation, which is probably the reason for the complete lack of traditions.

In Hell they think they will be punished for their crimes. This is something they fear. However, they do not stop committing crimes, but they pray for forgiveness all the time. Although they say that there is only one god, the Nanban pray to several thousand little gods.

They cannot behave and they are fighting all the time. There had been many causes to sentence them, but due to hospitality, we haven’t sentenced anyone to death.

Although every little child can see how inconsistent and ridiculous Creationism is, there are people from our country – simple minded ones – that have decided to believe in this theory. The Nanban are very aggressively spreading their religion.

We decided that if someone wants to believe that he is living on a bullet that is flying through space, we do not see any reason to stop this. According to the wisdom of Buddhism, we will be tolerant to those which have no access to truth. Therefore we decided, that every can freely decide about the religion of his family.

However, do to the aggressive behaviour of the Creationists; there are some precautions to assure order.

There will be a harbour at Totomi, where the poor-toy-kease can live and sell their goods. However, they may not enter any other part of my provinces. There may not be more than 100 Nanban at a time. The trade with poor-toy-kease will be controlled by the authorities.

Japanese Creationists have to live in Totomi province. There they are may build there temples and can pray to their God.

Any kind of missionary work is strictly forbidden!
    Last edited by Franconicus; 07-06-2007 at 07:50.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

The Asakura openly announces that it will persecute these Christians. Their beliefs are not in line with the true way of things. As such, they shall be slaughtered mercilessly.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Imagawa Yoshimoto decided to end war with Oda. He and Oda Nobunaga already agreed on a honorable way to end the conflict.

Imagawa will protect the territorial integrity of the Hojo provinces against any agressor until a new daimyo can restore order.
    Last edited by Franconicus; 07-06-2007 at 13:47.

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    Hope you will be able to come back soon!
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Franconicus
    [...]
    We thank Imagawa for their explanation, and the forewarning, so that we may keep our children hidden safely, when the Poor-toy-geese come to our provinces.

Takeda too, will protect the Hojo provinces against any aggressions until a new leader can be found.
    Last edited by Rodion Romanovich; 07-06-2007 at 21:12.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

" Hammer of the East" Member King Kurt's Avatar

Hi everybody - I am off for the weekend, so any PMs will not be answered until Monday.
    "Some people say MTW is a matter of life or death - but you have to realise it is more important than that"
    With apologies to Bill Shankly

My first balloon - for "On this day in History"

The Urakami will not stop the Christian holy men from traveling our lands on one condition. For every one of their holy men on our soil they must take one of our holy men willing to travel to their lands with them. Should none of our holy men wish to go we simply will not allow Christian holy men to travel on our land.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Satomi clan offers an olive branch to these new foreign men. Any persecuted Christians seeking sanctuary may come to our lands. While I myself shall remain a Buddhist, I will support the religious beliefs of any in my lands, whether they be Taoist, Buddhist, Shinto, Christian, or other.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

The Date will neither harass harass nor detain any Christian Holy Men travelling in our lands. Religion of our subjects does not concern us, loyalty does; the two are not intertwined!

People of all religions are welcomed by the Date as long as they remain loyal!

EDIT: If Ichigo drops out, does that make KW the Daiymo of Clan Hojo?
    Last edited by IrishArmenian; 07-08-2007 at 06:14.

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

After considering with our allies and my advisors, the Mori clan evokes the earlier edict and now will tolerate the Christians in my clan.

Assistant Mod Mod Member GiantMonkeyMan's Avatar
    plymouth - scrubbing Beirut's toilet with a cat...

The respectful Miyoshi Clan and the honourable Asai Clan are anouncing that they have forged a mutually beneficial alliance. We hope our friendship can bring stabilisation to the region.

ooc: Kage, could you delete a few pms cos i need to send in my decisions

I need to send in the pm as well

Who's playing Hojo now?

Weekend off and you guys have already spammed my box full. I will now make some room in there.Im sorry to hear that you dont have time to play Ichigo.So the next in line is {BHC}KingWarman888. If you want the Hojo, confirm in this thread and i will send you your starting info. If Warman wont take Hojo it will be who ever claims them next.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Re: Sengoku Jidai, Japanese interactive History

Quote Originally Posted by GiantMonkeyMan
    The respectful Miyoshi Clan and the honourable Asai Clan are anouncing that they have forged a mutually beneficial alliance. We hope our friendship can bring stabilisation to the region.

ooc: Kage, could you delete a few pms cos i need to send in my decisions
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Default Nanban

To the respected Daimyos, Leaders of the Japanese clans!

I would like to ask you to treat the followers of this new socalled religion with care! It is completly different to the esteemed wisdom of Kung fu tse, Buddha or Laozi.

While these religions offer wisdom, love and tolerance, the Christian religion does not tolerate any other religion! Christianity is violent and will only spread disorder and rebellion.

Last month there were men of another Christian clan coming to our provinces. Their clan is called イスパニア (Is Pania). They are drunk all the time and they tell everybody that the Christian priests are their assault troops. After the population of a country has been converted, the Spaniards attack the country and enslave it. They say that this is the mission from their god and a man they call "el Papa".

Default Re: Nanban

This is good advice fellow Daimyo. These people are here to enslave us and convert us from our most sacred and true religion. They must be violently persecuted in order to save our way of life!
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Declaration of Kanrei

The peace is important for us! The western part of the Shikoku island is in a complete chaos. The neighbours of Ichijo should be patient and should not make the things worse by interfering. We have already sent emissaries to the warring sides in attempt to end this useless war and to establish the peace there.

Miyoshi Chokei, Kanrei

OOC: Kage, please have a look on my decisions esp. on the second part. Is everything clear? Thanks.

Actually, I am going to be off-line for several days I do hope you will not miss your Kanrei too much
    Last edited by Prince Cobra; 07-10-2007 at 18:51.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Orders sent. I was at a college orientation-type thing so I didn't really have internet access for a while.
    First Secretary Rodion Malinovsky of the C.P.S.U.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=86316

12th Century Glory!
    http://z14.invisionfree.com/12th_Cen...d7dc28&act=idx

"I can do anything I want, I'm eccentric! HAHAHA!"-Rat Race

Do you think the Golden Rule should apply to masochists as well?

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. yes that's right i dont listen rap..

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

Clan Date has sent our orders!

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

Waiting decisions from Warluster (Otomo), Darkragnar (Chosokabe) and since Warman hasnt confirmed that he takes Hojo, please someone join as the Hojo clan,so we can get the next chapter up
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

*posing as Hojo Leader*

My orders are for my clan to surrender all lands, money, and military troops to the Clan Satake.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha
    Waiting decisions from Warluster (Otomo), Darkragnar (Chosokabe)
    Do they have no honor? I think they know what they have to do!!

C`mon guys nobody wants to take Hojo? I will be going on to wedding tomorrow and will come back on sunday.If i wont get replies from Warluster and Darkragnar by then i will control their clans for the next chapter and also Hojo if noone is intrested on taking it.We cant get this interactive killed even before it starts,now can we?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

I am very very very sorry for the delay, my computer was on the frisk for the past week, but im glad to say the Technician Responisble for this mishap has been asked to commit Seppuku.
    Last edited by darkragnar; 07-13-2007 at 23:59.

If no one wants to step up and take hojo, id like to control them both for the next choices.

Btw my choices have been sent.
    Last edited by darkragnar; 07-14-2007 at 00:06.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

The Otomo Clan wishes to express its support for the portuguese traders, and I allow their eligion to be practised, as long as they abide our rules, culture and the rest.

I warn any who are thinking of attacking me, don't. If you attack, expect a swift counter attack. I will just look at you and you die. :P

and I allow their eligion to be practised, as long as they abide our rules, culture and the rest.
    Do the Otomo realise that Buddhism has long been a part of our culture and that these Christians are a threat to that. We have long lived as we are now and there is no need to upset that. Or are you one of them now?

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast