Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faction thread 6: Empire

Default Re: Faction thread 6: Empire

The kaiser is emperor in german, And The empire have a emperor. The reich is another description of the Empire as a country

-I've noticed that imperial lancers have been created. Even them having long lances I think it would be a good idea to make pikemen: the same units but without the shield (the pikemen don't appear in the table game but they do in the pictures and stuff, they appear in the intro video I made). Another thing that could be done is making the unit use the lance with two hands and take the shield as one of the armour upgrades, that way they could act as pikemen but with shields. It might be little more difficult but the product of that work would be amazing.
    Revan Shan / Mayorcete / Teuton Arrasador

Miguelito Productions' views:
    The best vids in YOUTUBE!
    Miguelito Productions supports:
    SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

i have an idea for different units for the empire.firstly about the outriders,we can have them as an upgrade for the normal pistoliers with better skills and armour.and we can have pikemen,except the normal spearmen.lastly what do you think about the steam tank(is this possible)?
    "VAE VICTUS"

personally i would like it if you stuck with the fluff and only had the units for the armies which are in their army books. the pikemen could be made for mercenaries though.
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

ok Enthes,if you going that way, i will explain you,the empire have pikemen,just look more carefully in the paintings in the army books,you will notice that have pikemen,you have been confused because will call those imperial pikes <<half pikes>> it's the same thing,it is not spear,and not only tilea has pikes,the miniatures hold their pike with to hands(two handed weapon rule),and if you want more understanding,the shields that you have noticed upon the pikemen imperial model(i am talking about the miniatures)have no effect.if you want to use the shield in the combat face to gain more armour save,you have to use the swords to fight instead for the pike(or half pike if you like).how much simpler must be it.the empire regular unit except from the halberdiers is the pikemen(or the half pikemen)not the spearmen.i think i have explained you.
    "VAE VICTUS"

The Empire has arcabusiers, ok that's one unit which is used by the Imperial army. But in a typical warhammer skirmish the empire uses armoured arcabusiers, visually: warriors from the renaisance that have the M2TW european pistoler armour. NOTE, they may have pistoler appearance but they use an harquebus. And just to remind you, no renaisance pistols for this mod. Watch my intro or the Mark of Chaos Teaser to see the arcabusier I talk about.
    Revan Shan / Mayorcete / Teuton Arrasador

Miguelito Productions' views:
    The best vids in YOUTUBE!
    Miguelito Productions supports:
    SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

yes i know about the video,but be careful. handgunners in warhammers are just soldiers with gunpowder weapons,be it arcebus or musketeers,they still can have armour upgrades.they call them like that just for short.and they don't use the handgun that is in M2TW.i think that they use a common arcebuse.so i don't think would be worth to include that name.simple handgunners is good enough(my opinion)
    "VAE VICTUS"

i think that a different unit with gunpowder weapon,would be good to inlude a unit of militia armed with blunderbrushes(common handguns of the vanillia
    M2TW).because in the miniatures are too many militiamen armed with blunderbrushes.and i find it an intersted idea.
    "VAE VICTUS"

Quote Originally Posted by alexader
    i think that a different unit with gunpowder weapon,would be good to inlude a unit of militia armed with blunderbrushes(common handguns of the vanillia
    M2TW).because in the miniatures are too many militiamen armed with blunderbrushes.and i find it an intersted idea.
    Just to note, blunderBUSSES. I got this awesome picture of a large cannon firing flaming besom brooms and mops into massed orcish ranks...
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

ohh yes sorry,thank you for correcting me
    "VAE VICTUS"

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

Empire handgunners don't wear armour, they rely on poofy hats and clothing to catch arrows and swords. Their weapons are probably closest to the early modern Arquebus (Or handgun, in English!).

I tend to agree with Alexader on the idea of adding fluff-units, partly because I LOVE the idea of a unit of free company fighters armed with crude blunderbuss carbines!

Empire Spearmen don't use typical spears, their weapons are half-pikes, which are significantly longer than standard thrusting spears. The new 7th edition models especially show this. Pikemen formations are most commonly found in Tilea, and are often hired out as mercenaries, so they would work best in that sense.

yeah,the militiamen will work great for suiside units,but i don't find it will worth to hire merceneries pikemen all the time.but if you want it like that,ok i will agree.keep up the good work.
    Last edited by alexader; 11-17-2007 at 15:56.
    "VAE VICTUS"

Default Re : Re: Faction thread 6: Empire

witch hunter and zelots units for empire?

the zelots ae called flaggelants and i tnink that krazysigmarite will include them(it's no so difficult units,just a couple of additions).now witch hunters are characters and therefore i don't believe that bwian can include too much characters(maybe they can be like traits for general)or they can be represented in the free companies with long cloaks and torches.i think krazysgimarite will explain you better.
    "VAE VICTUS"

How about making witch hunters instead of those guys that hunt heretics, inquisitors or something ?

whitch hunters are single people who hunt "whitches" not units voltan had an army of flagellents army is what WHTW is about

what about sigmar priest?

Default Re: Re : Re: Faction thread 6: Empire

Quote Originally Posted by tito
    what about sigmar priest?
    they would be good leaders of flagellant units i think

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

Alletun built an awesome Warrior priest of Sigmar. Hopefully that'll be used as an officer.

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Alletun's Avatar

Yup it can be used. Just need to finish it up.

When you are done with it. Put it on screentread, it has been dead for too long.

which knightly order for the empire?
    The Order of the Blazing Sun - The Order of the Black Bear - The Knights Griffon
    The Knights Panther - The Hunters of Sigmar - The Grand Order of the Reiksguard
    The Templars of the Everlasting Light - The Order of the Broken Sword
    The Order of the Sacred Scythe - The Knights of Sigmar's Blood - The Knights of Morr
    The Order of the Gold Lion - The Knights Encarmine - The Order of the Hammers of Sigmar ?

i think they should use the main ones but variety cant hurt

Default Re: Re : Re: Faction thread 6: Empire

Quote Originally Posted by tito
    which knightly order for the empire?
    The Order of the Blazing Sun - The Order of the Black Bear - The Knights Griffon
    The Knights Panther - The Hunters of Sigmar - The Grand Order of the Reiksguard
    The Templars of the Everlasting Light - The Order of the Broken Sword
    The Order of the Sacred Scythe - The Knights of Sigmar's Blood - The Knights of Morr
    The Order of the Gold Lion - The Knights Encarmine - The Order of the Hammers of Sigmar ?
    White Wolves/Panthers are the largest and most poweful orders, followed by Blazing Suns, then the Griffons and Knights of Morr.

The Reiksguard is obviously very powerful, but is separate from my list above as it's a state controlled order not a religiously controlled one.

So for Empire Knights;

Panther
    WWs
    Blazing Suns
    Reiksguard

Are the only ones I'd inlcude.
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

Witch Hunters and Warrior Priests should definitely be ancillaries.

On the Tabletop, Flagellants have no command, but a Warrior Priest to lead them would be cool.

I think Guilds for Regional Troops is a good idea. Maybe not for every region though.

White Wolf Knights, Hochland Long rifles, hellblaster volley guns would all be great regional troops.

How many units are you planning? I imagine this faction will have a pretty long list.

Spearmen, Halberdiers, swordsmen.

free company, flagellants

2, 3, 4, 5? orders of Knights?

crossbowmen, handgunnners, pistoliers, archers.

cannons, Mortars, hellblaster, rocket launcher

seems like more than the average, I suggest not too many types of knights, because they are identical on the tabletop and will be very similar in the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
    The Empire is planned as a single faction. IT does have some troop variety, and could be split up... but in terms of how it would be played, I think a single faction is more fitting.

Otherwise, you are effectively designing in an Empire break up and civil-war. Not something I really see as being desirable in terms of how the Warhammer world should work. I don;t see any way of ensuring a permanent alliance or vassel state kind of setup that would be sufficiently workable to feel right.
    you could hijack the catholic system and have one "papal faction" such as reikland which discourages the other states from fighting with each other. this "pope" would probably have to be more strict though. it depends whether modding it in is easier than modding it out.

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stommel View Post
    you could hijack the catholic system and have one "papal faction" such as reikland which discourages the other states from fighting with each other. this "pope" would probably have to be more strict though. it depends whether modding it in is easier than modding it out.
    This road has been travelled before. Check the religion thread out. It won't work. It's too hardcoded.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Awesome Cold One Knight Member Goncalou's Avatar

Caradrayan, like jubal barca i believe there should be 4 orders of knights and dr. zoidberg i have no idea what you're talking about.
    It's a fool's race to be run, if all is lost if it be won.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12