Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Suggestion Box

Default Re: Suggestion Box

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmafia2020
    I originally posted this comment in the "Beasts" thread, but I think it might be worthy of being in the suggestion box...
    Expeditions for treasure will be quite a fun little "mini-game" in itself, which will be explored further in the big huge special preview that'll be coming. There will also be witch hunts, beast-slaying, archaeology expeditions and other adventures: they're very, very similar to what you suggested.

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

Don't forget the curses, mass human sacrifices, dark rituals, demon-summonings and wizardly battles...

Coooollllll..... nothing like mass sacrifice to summon a demon!!

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk
    Don't forget the curses, mass human sacrifices, dark rituals, demon-summonings and wizardly battles...
    And the naked dancing-girls.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

If you want to add fire magic I could explain how I added it to my 4 Seasons mod.
    4 Seasons (6 Empires battle for supremecy); 3.0 version
    Total War Eras (start at 970, 1080, 1200, 1300, 1400, or 1500); 2.4 version
    Eras Total Conquest (start at 1230, 1346, 1547); 1.2 version

Hi. Long time player of R:TW and just started with M:TW2 Gold that I got just the other day. Also a long time lurker of the various TW forums.

I can't tell you how glad I am to see someone making a Hyborian Age TW mod. Huge fan of the REH books and also actively play Hyborian War (Which for those of you who don't know is a really old PBM snail mail game that's been running for years). An earlier post on this thread had a link to the kingdom setups and maps for the game.

I see you were having issues figuring out the names of provinces and cities. The map provided with Hyborian War would probably be an excellent reference to use seeing as that game also makes use of provinces much like the TW games. Some are named pretty silly things (Like "The Swampy Desert") and I'm sure you don't want to rip off another game but the resources for that game may be invaluable for reference purposes. Note that the Kingdom setups also have plenty of names of characters and troop types which could also be handy.

PM me if you are interested in looking at the map and I'll send it to you. Sorry but I can't figure out how to post an image here directly from my local PC. I also have all the kingdom setups.

Quote Originally Posted by GazzaD View Post
    Hi. Long time player of R:TW and just started with M:TW2 Gold that I got just the other day. Also a long time lurker of the various TW forums.
    Welcome GazzaD, nice to see you delurk. :D

I can't tell you how glad I am to see someone making a Hyborian Age TW mod. Huge fan of the REH books and also actively play Hyborian War (Which for those of you who don't know is a really old PBM snail mail game that's been running for years). An earlier post on this thread had a link to the kingdom setups and maps for the game.
    A couple of Hyborian War folk have been along, so it's obviously pretty strong still. I doubt Conan: Total War will replace the PBM version, but hopefully the PBM regulars will provide an audience for the mod.

I see you were having issues figuring out the names of provinces and cities. The map provided with Hyborian War would probably be an excellent reference to use seeing as that game also makes use of provinces much like the TW games. Some are named pretty silly things (Like "The Swampy Desert") and I'm sure you don't want to rip off another game but the resources for that game may be invaluable for reference purposes. Note that the Kingdom setups also have plenty of names of characters and troop types which could also be handy.
    The Hyborian War game is an excellent resource, but it was based on the Schuyler/Miller map, which has proven to have been inaccurate when compared with newly released information and the unedited texts. Still, most of Hyborian War can be applied to the mod: Argos is still the ultimate sea power, Turan is still a juggernaut, Stygia's still a magic nation etc.

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...

Wow i was wondering if that PBM game was still going, i once heard something a long time ago about it might go online which is something i wish it would do, as I really liked the game, but i cant get my self to snail mail anything with any kind of regularity lol

Question Re: Suggestion Box

Will there be anything on the Vanir in the near future?
    Blackadder:"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?"

https://skender.be/supportdenmark/#CS

Quote Originally Posted by Helgi View Post
    Will there be anything on the Vanir in the near future?
    They probably won't be all that different from their Aesir counterparts, but I assume both factions will have unique units to set them apart.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    They probably won't be all that different from their Aesir counterparts, but I assume both factions will have unique units to set them apart.

Ok, that works for me than, working on a story in my creative writing class using a passage on page 396 from the book "The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian" involving the Vanir and Stygia.
    Blackadder:"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?"

Pretty much. The major differences are that the Aesir have more of an emphasis on defence than the offensive Vanir: most of the Aesir unique units wear chain armour, while most of the Vanir are clad in wolfskins.

Ok, that works for me than, working on a story in my creative writing class using a passage on page 396 from the book "The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian" involving the Vanir and Stygia.
    Sounds cool. Short story?

I wish, so far it's 26 pages so far, it's a cross between Detective Noir, Fantasy& with horror/Sci-fi due to the date that part of the story takes place in 2013-14, with Journal entries continuing the voice of a character who died in chapter 3. Chapter 4-9 is part of the Detective Noir with the journal entries, 10 & 11 are going to be part of the back story mentioned in the journal entries involving a group of Vanir. Everything from that point is up in the air at the moment.

Would it be possible to give the Pictish Shamans the ability to call a Warpath like the Apachean Tribes? This could be a huge advantage for the Picts to not only have very much increased movement ability; but also to supplement their numbers very quickly with "horde" type troops that the Warleader could summon to him at little to no cost in raising new troops.

This way, while the standing Pictish military wouldn't be all that big, very quickly each Pictish Warleader would be able to raise more soldiers, increase his armies movement, and even give a religious zeal to his troops that make them fight harder.

I know nothing of computer programming, but while playing Kingdoms as the Apachean Tribes, I used this tactic for the first time and immediately thought of Picts vs. Aquilonia.

Also, using the Apachean Tribes, you could allow the Picts to gather technology that would allow them to later build structures that allow them cavalry even...just like in Howard's history. I don't know how you would change the muskets to just weapons...like I said, I know nothing of computers; but I thought perhaps it is possible.

I wish, so far it's 26 pages so far, it's a cross between Detective Noir, Fantasy& with horror/Sci-fi due to the date that part of the story takes place in 2013-14, with Journal entries continuing the voice of a character who died in chapter 3. Chapter 4-9 is part of the Detective Noir with the journal entries, 10 & 11 are going to be part of the back story mentioned in the journal entries involving a group of Vanir. Everything from that point is up in the air at the moment.
    26 pages isn't bad. I have yet to pass page 5 on anything I'm writing. I tend to start an idea, then once I've gotten the intro written, I already have another one in mind that I start on.

...sorry for going off-topic, T..

Edit: @Taraniach
    I just saw that your forum on TWcenter was moved to the graveyard. Please tell me CTW isn't dying...
    Last edited by Spartan198; 01-05-2009 at 23:31.

Lightbulb Re: Suggestion Box

26 pages isn't bad. I have yet to pass page 5 on anything I'm writing. I tend to start an idea, then once I've gotten the intro written, I already have another one in mind that I start on.

I just saw that your forum on TWcenter was moved to the graveyard. Please tell me CTW isn't dying...
    A suggestion on writting, compile a list of 50 paragraphs on anything and then combine 3 - 4 of those paragraphs to form a building block for a story. That is how my story started.

Don't sweat it. :)

So THAT'S where it is! Man, you stop commenting for a month and the thing gets declared dead... Well, as soon as there's a more substantial update (like the one I kept talking about before Christmas, *tugs collar*) I'll try and get it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taranaich View Post
    So THAT'S where it is! Man, you stop commenting for a month and the thing gets declared dead... Well, as soon as there's a more substantial update (like the one I kept talking about before Christmas, *tugs collar*) I'll try and get it back up.
    Whew, that made my heart skip a beat. I might have to get a sword and shield, head over there to TWcenter, and persuade them to reinstate it...

Askthepizzaguy Fan! Member Emperor of Graal's Avatar

How about a Mod for MTW2 about Japan

Quote Originally Posted by knight of graal View Post
    How about an on-topic post?

Lightbulb Re: Suggestion Box

Quote Originally Posted by knight of graal View Post
    Have to totally agree with Spartan198, that this is about Hyboria, not Medieval Japan, if you want a Medieval Japanese mod during the Age of War, then you should ever find a mod, make one or get a group together to make one. I would ask a certain group in the RTW posts for possible help.
    Last edited by Helgi; 01-18-2009 at 16:45.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234