Thread: Can't end turn

Default Can't end turn

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but am having a problem with the single player campaign. At the moment I am playing a long game with the english, I'm at turn 111 and cant hit the end turn button, missions button, recruitment button, the weird thing is I can still recruit and build if I double click a city and I can still move armies and agents, and If I start a new campaign everything works, what gives?

Default Re: Can't end turn

There's a few minor bugs in the interface. I've had the right click description scrolls not appearing, armies disappearing and only be able to select them from the armies scroll, and a few others.
    Usually restarting the game solves it, if not : reloading an earlier save.
    Never had the one you described, but try to load another savegame (or quicksave or autosave) see if it works.
    Also, if you modified the data files in any way or play with a mod, try to revert to the backups or load the savegame in vanilla, then re-save and start it again with the modifications in place.
    As a last resort, reinstall the game /patch. And make sure you ask this question in the more technical sections of the .org (apothecary, the M2TW mod forums maybe)

"That's what we need : someone who'll strike the most brutal blow possible, with perfect aim and with no regard for consequences. Total War."

I had this happen once during a campaign... but the solution was obvious -- I hadn't addressed a scroll that popped up at the last turn. Marriage proposal or a new guild or something.

I'm not sure what would've happened though if I couldn't get to that scroll. I think reloading an earier save would be your only choice.

I agree with Flavius, probably a scroll (marriage, papal election, something like that) that you somehow minimized but didn't chose yes or no.

Quote Originally Posted by ReiseReise View Post
    I agree with Flavius, probably a scroll (marriage, papal election, something like that) that you somehow minimized but didn't chose yes or no.
    This is happening to me and I wasn't able to open up the scrolls. I tried next turn and it didn't work so I saved and quitted and the scrolls have disappeared and I can't change turn. Could someone help me?