Thread: Classical era - 272BCE??

Default Classical era - 272BCE??

"A total coversion mod of M2TW set in the classical era, starting in 272BC. "

Isn't that RTW:EB 1, not MTW:EB 2...?
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind...but there is one thing that science cannot accept - and that is a personal God who meddles in the affairs of his creation."
    -Albert Einstein

Default Re: Classical era - 272BCE??

Both . It's the same timeline.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

that question just boggles my mind..

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

EB2 won't be EB for the Middle Ages, but rather EB for the Roman era on the new engine.

EB for the Middle Ages is was called.... Medieval Auctoriso. And it became... Anno Domini MXVI.

Say, shouldn't we add it to the FAQ?

Edit: indeed, Redmeth.
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 08-04-2007 at 12:59.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

Isn't it now called Anno Domini MXVI? Or is this just the "first part" to try out the new possibilities on a smaller scale (Italian states)

Europa Barbarorum wouldn't even fit as a name for a Medieval Mod, seeing as Christianity united (in name only for most of the time) most of Western/Central Europe.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Still , judging by the high level of your 1st work as a team , I could only hope that you could/wanted to do something similar for the medieval period .

I understand however that such a thing does not interest you .

Fine by me . I will gladly play EB2 .

Is the expansion in the stores or are we ( you ) still waiting ?

Satyros
    Smell the battle in the wind, before you see us.Winterhorde of furyride, the wind will lead us.

I sort of remember (or perhaps it was a fevered dream) that the EB team were also planning/considering a late antiquity mod, around the Barbarian Invasion timeline. Is that a possibility?

Fight like a meatgrinder

There is a late period project, yes, but on hold.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

the late period project starts at 109 BCE (Marius consulship) and goes on.I dont know the end date but it wouldnt cover the barbarian invasion period. simply the roman imperial period hey day.

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

The end date for the late period campaign will be the same as the normal campaign.

Visit the EB Help Required Thread

"His only addiction was to practice." - John Coltrane, describing Eric Dolphy

"and thus it cannot be performed, because one cannot perform that which does not exist." - Arnold Schönberg

Quote Originally Posted by tk-421
    The end date for the late period campaign will be the same as the normal campaign.
    Sounds odd. Then what's exactly the purpose of the late period project?

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redmeth
    Isn't it now called Anno Domini MXVI? Or is this just the "first part" to try out the new possibilities on a smaller scale (Italian states)
    Anno Domini MXVI is two projects, a large one with the smaller scale Italian States to test out features in. Both the same thing technically, but the big one will be out later.

Also, AD and EB are not the same team, just to clarify that.
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

Quote Originally Posted by Swordmaster
    Sounds odd. Then what's exactly the purpose of the late period project?
    Being able to start a game as it was historically in 109BC. Kind of like loading a saved game of EB where everyone acted 100% historically.

So will it actually be a savegame, or will it have different factions etc.? Also, will you only make it for EB2?

It will be a separate mod for EB. We don't have any plans for its release for EB2, but probably.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

It will be separate and actually it's own mod. But it will be basically EB, without major changes. Some dead factions will be replaced with similar factions that were important in 100BC, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    It will be separate and actually it's own mod. But it will be basically EB, without major changes. Some dead factions will be replaced with similar factions that were important in 100BC, though.
    Somebody tell the Scandinavian fanatics!
    Just Facit

Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafien
    the late period project starts at 109 BCE (Marius consulship) and goes on.I dont know the end date but it wouldnt cover the barbarian invasion period. simply the roman imperial period hey day.
    Blek no thanks! I'll stay with 272BC thank you very much! I don't want to have the whole Roman Empire conquered already for me whilst I only get to fight other Romans.(With the occasional Germanic incursion! Woopie! )
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

Currently rising to power as:

The whole empire isn't conquered. This is pre-Caesar, so the Romans have basically Italia, Greece some of Asia Minor, the area right around Carthage and the east coast of Iberia.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 08-14-2007 at 07:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafien
    the late period project starts at 109 BCE ... simply the roman imperial period hey day.
    Wasn't Rome at its height around 100 AD, not 100 BC?

Probably at 117 AD with Trajans conquests. Though it depends on how you look at it. Also can be said that the empire was at its greatest extent when Marcus Aurelius died at 180 AD. He actually ruled what Trajan conquered.

I don't think the heyday is the same as the greatest extent. In some aspects the empire was already in decline from Augustus onwards.
    The queen commands and we'll obey
    Over the Hills and far away.
    (perhaps from an English Traditional, about 1700 AD)

Drum, Kinder, seid lustig und allesamt bereit:
    Auf, Ansbach-Dragoner! Auf, Ansbach-Bayreuth!
    (later chorus -containing a wrong regimental name for the Bayreuth-Dragoner (DR Nr. 5) - of the "Hohenfriedberger Marsch", reminiscense of a battle in 1745 AD, to the music perhaps of an earlier cuirassier march)

This will be so cool. EB is so great, and I just cant wait to get an EB2 ... A roman Era mod for M2TW would Rock!!!!
    I would love to have an Armenia with units that look great with the capacity the m2tw engine has now.

I would prefer if EB2 started around 400 BC .. so Rome could go through her growing phase .. Servian phalanx, Camillan proto-legion, Samnite reformed legion, polybian legion etc etc etc .. or whatever you think. you have plenty of events to allow this. EB1 has Rorarii, Accensi etc so shouldn't be too far out of your way.

The conversion between castles and settlements could be changed to Imperial run settlements (with a large palace and royal barracks) and democratic run settlements (with senate and call-up area). I don't think Castles would look right in an ancient mod.

R
    Rorarii

Camillus, Savior of Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by rorarii
    I would prefer if EB2 started around 400 BC .. so Rome could go through her growing phase .. Servian phalanx, Camillan proto-legion, Samnite reformed legion, polybian legion etc etc etc .. or whatever you think. you have plenty of events to allow this. EB1 has Rorarii, Accensi etc so shouldn't be too far out of your way.

The conversion between castles and settlements could be changed to Imperial run settlements (with a large palace and royal barracks) and democratic run settlements (with senate and call-up area). I don't think Castles would look right in an ancient mod.

R
    Except we don't focus on the romans, and we are not a roman-centric mod. Doing this would mean that many factions would be scrapped, factions that a lot of work has been gone into. I mean, we aren't talking about a few years, we are talking about a completely different era. That is, in fact, a completely different mod.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    Except we don't focus on the romans, and we are not a roman-centric mod. Doing this would mean that many factions would be scrapped, factions that a lot of work has been gone into. I mean, we aren't talking about a few years, we are talking about a completely different era. That is, in fact, a completely different mod.

Foot
    Wasn't 400 BC the height of the Urn-field culture?

500 BC you could include many greek city states and the Persians, near the height of their power ... ok, EB is about barbarians.

R
    Rorarii

Camillus, Savior of Rome.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Classical era - 272BCE??

Quote Originally Posted by rorarii
    500 BC you could include many greek city states and the Persians, near the height of their power ... ok, EB is about barbarians.
    Er... No. EB is not just about the barbarians, it's about giving all factions fair treatment. Since the so-called "barbarians" are usually under- or misrepresented the mod lays more emphasis on the barbarians than usual, but it certainly isn't only about them.

Anyway, starting this mod in 500 or 400 or 50 B.C. would mean that the team has to do most of their work (research, mapping, modelling, skinning) all over again. Even starting the mod in 271 B.C. would require a large amount of work. Hence the starting date won't be changed.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!