Thread: the number of faction for Kingdoms

Default the number of faction for Kingdoms

Have bin at the forum of Total War and by reading some post, and MTW2 Kingdoms will no have no effect on the main camping and the expansion pack will run totally separate from the original game. If MTW2 Kingdoms as got 23 playable factions including Ireland, Wales, Norway, Mayans, Apachean Tribes, Chichimeca, Tlaxcalans, Tarascans, Kingdom of Jerusalem, Principality of Antioch, Teutonic Order, Lithuania and Novgorod faction, will this mines EB 2 will have just 23 faction or not.
    Last edited by Kepper; 08-09-2007 at 23:55.

Default Re: the number of faction for Kingdoms

Whilst MTW2 Kingdoms does have 23 factions it does allow a maximum of 30 + 1 (the 1 being the rebels), we will have all 30.
    Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Not to mention not all of the kingdoms faction are in one campaign, they are split among the mini campaigns.

Kushan
    EB Team Member

Rise of Kings: v2.0 Beta 3 Now Available

Kingdoms looks amazing! I'm really looking forward to that, mostly to the Crusades, English isles, and The Teutonic campaign. And yeah once again there is a lot of teams, but there all split up into different campaigns.

OOO and EB 2 factions? I'm not too sure on how many will be in that; say M2TW, and then add like 5 or 6 i guess... Cuz they add a bit to the map like a bit into Africa, Mideast, Siberia,and even into India.
    ( well those were the old game so idk )

30 factions will give the team a severe headhache as unit and model limits are still the same...

It means to have little more than 16 units per faction, this excluding AOR and mercenaries.

How are you guys planning to deal with that?
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

With thanks to the Hellenes, who can share like no ones business (give praise to Alexander for making our lives easier). Urnamma has a plan, but we don't really know what it is.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar

Don't forget the Celts! The Mainlanders had pretty similar troop layouts!
    BTW speaking of factions how are Princesses going to be handled? I suspect factions like Carthage, KH, Sweboz, and Rome will not have family trees.(As it's optional now in Descr_sm_factions.txt) But are Princesses going to be kept around for Monarchical factions like the (God dammit I can never spell it right)Daidochi, Pahlava, Orontids, Pontos, etc? And I'm not really sure on the Celts, as I haven't read anything saying that they could have their daughters trouncing around offering their hand to whomever.(Quite the opposite actually....)
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

Currently rising to power as:

An Imperfect Follower of Light Member Wolfman's Avatar

I remember learning some where that Germanic chieftains used their daughters to cement diplomatic arrangements between tribes with marriage. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Tales of Gods and Kings - An Arverni AAR-DEAD
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...82#post1930882
    A People of the Mist - Casse AAR-ALIVE!!!!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Mist-Casse-AAR

Quote Originally Posted by The Celt
    I suspect factions like Carthage, KH, Sweboz, and Rome will not have family trees.
    Will Rome get one, then, after Imperial reforms?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman
    I remember learning some where that Germanic chieftains used their daughters to cement diplomatic arrangements between tribes with marriage. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Wouldn't surprise me, as Medieval courts were a continuation of the Germanic customs and law with a Roman influence in some areas.

@I Am HereNow:Well if the EB team can find a way to script that then maybe. Although the Imperial Emperors were more like Despots who gained power either through military or political muscle.(or both!) Rather than full blown Monarchs, who inherited the throne from their "blood" Fathers/Uncles/.(Their were exceptions of course, like Commodus, Titus, and the Later Emperors.)
    Last edited by The Celt; 08-15-2007 at 01:42.

Will Rome get one, then, after Imperial reforms?
    I would probably say no. Stuff like that cant be changed mid campaign. Its like changing the name of a faction in the middle of a campaign. Wish it was possible and I hope someone will prove me wrong.

Kushan
    EB Team Member

Rise of Kings: v2.0 Beta 3 Now Available

Quote Originally Posted by The Celt
    Wouldn't surprise me, as Medieval courts were a continuation of the Germanic customs and law with a Roman influence in some areas.

@I Am HereNow:Well if the EB team can find a way to script that then maybe. Although the Imperial Emperors were more like Despots who gained power either through military or political muscle.(or both!) Rather than full blown Monarchs, who inherited the throne from their "blood" Fathers/Uncles/.(Their were exceptions of course, like Commodus, Titus, and the Later Emperors.)
    Hey, no biggy, just have a family tree, but loads of revolts/usurpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kushan
    I would probably say no. Stuff like that cant be changed mid campaign. Its like changing the name of a faction in the middle of a campaign. Wish it was possible and I hope someone will prove me wrong.

Kushan
    Actually SicilianVespers found a way to do that in his mod.

^ Cool

Wink Re: the number of faction for Kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Herenow
    ^ Cool
    Yes indeed! By tying the event to a certain year, he found a way to have a faction change names. So, for example, "Senatus Publousque(sp?) Romanus" could become "Imperium Romanum". Hows that for sweetness?

Oh right, I thought you meant that he'd given a faction a family tree halfway through the campaign - oh well, renaming a faction is still good!