Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Faction Thread 7: Orcs and Goblins

Default Re: Faction Thread 7: Orcs and Goblins

I'm not sure if this would help, but perhaps attaching the lower jaw to the torso bone would help make the models appear more lively when animated. This was done for a few of the larger fantasy units in Blue Lotus. It makes the units sort of move their mouths slighly when walking or or attacking.

While it looks great in BL, I'm not sure how it would work out with the medieval 2 Total War skeleton. It might be worth a try though.

Just wondering about the units on the whole, will the player be allowed to choose between making an entire horde of goblins with different units, such as spearmen, archers, and fanatics, wolf riders etc., along with the night/normal goblin types?

Or will it just be a few units of goblins to compliment the usual orcs?
    Last edited by DaCrAzYmOfO; 06-11-2008 at 07:05. Reason: remembered real name

Orc and Goblin unit list
    Basicly,i looked at the OG Miniatures page and said"Lets see how these could be implemented in-mod"

1.Orc Boyz-Maybe you could devide the the basic orc boyz into diffent unit types like you did with the Men-at-arms.Or stick with a one unit who has choppas only and are heavy infantry high attack values but low defense.

2.Orc Arrer Boyz-Should be made into a Hybrid unit.It can shoot missiles,but shold be able to hold its own in melee.(It is after all an orc.)There Bows shouldn't be Long range or armor-piercing.

3.Goblin spearboyz-The basic goblin unit.Equiped with a spear and with poor moral.best used in support roles.

4.Night goblins-The basic Night goblin.Should be equiped with recurve bow and a secondary short spear.Should get bonus when fighting at night.(Duh!)Special abillity could be:Powa of da shrooms!causes the night goblin unit to go beserk and immune to moral! Can only be stopped once the last Night goblin is dead.

5.Goblin wolf riders-A light calvary unit that should have good stamina and should be fast moving.Useful for chasing down fleeing foes and missile troops.It would be a mistake to send these guys into prolonged combat.They WILL run from anything stronger then they are.

6.Savege Orc Boyz-Should wield clubs and parts of bone that look like swords.(like the jaw of some beast.)Should have high moral because ther too stupid to know if there losing.could also use javlins.

7.Orc Boar Boyz-The Orc heavy calvary.Equiped with long spears for charging and choppas for close combat.These guys should be no match for brettonian Knights.Orcs and Goblins aren't known for their calvary skilz.but thse guys are still decent heavy calvary and should be abel to get the job done.

8.Black orcs-One of the best infanty units in the mod.Have high defense values as well as attack.These guys make excellent shocktroops and can stay in a fight and win it.

9.Orc and goblin artillery.The Rock lobber and spear chukka.(The Trebuchet and ballista.)

10.Orc and goblin chariots.The Orc Chariot should be good at killing infantry up close and the goblin one from afar.(Goblin with a bow in the chariot.)

Thats about it lol.Hope I gave you guys some ideas!

How could you forget the trolls And there should be a difference between night goblin spearmen and night goblin bowmen. And its fairly simple for the orc roster.

Orc boyz- 3 variants one with sheilds one with spears and sheilds and one with choppas

Night goblins- 2 variants with bows and spears

Normal gobos- just with spears

Arrer Boyz- What Tex said. Somehwat powerful archers with good close combat abilities

Goblin wolf riders- A fast unit of cavalry with and decent attack but horrible defense and semi good morale.

Savage orcs- A unit of shock infantry with a very high attack but low defense.

Orc Boar boyz- A above average unit heavy cavalry. Just under the power of empire knights.

Black orcs- Not one of the best units in the mod but a very powerful unit with good attack, defense, and morale.

Boar chariot- A very tough chariot

Wolf chariot- A not so tough chariot

Goblin squig riders- Like the savage orcs on squigs. Very high attack but get cut up pretty qquick.

Spear chukka and rock lobba- Balista and trebuchet.

Trolls trolls trolls- Like elephants on two feet with clubs

Goblin doom divers- A balista that shoots goblins with gliders

Orc boar boyz should be in fact a really powerful cavalry cause, in the tabletop game, the boar hits just as hard as a bretonnian knight! And that's just the boar! But they should have low armor (to be a cavalry).

I agree with what have been already said, just wanna add:

What about squig herders? they could be almost like wardogs in Rome: Total war! High atack, low defense.

And squig hoppers remind me the gladiators in RTW, skirmish, fast (almost cavalry fast), high attack value!

Black orcs ARE one of the best hand to hand units in the old world, high defense, high atack, good morale, disciplined, etc.

Savage orc boyz must charge without orders (in the tabletop game they have frenzy!), very high defense, low armor.

Is it possible to put savage orc boar boyz?

And what about little snotlings? they could be like peasents!

And a giant is a MUST!!!!

Orcs and goblins have a huge variety of troops to chose from!!!

I have two doubts with the O&G army:

1.- The whole army will have the trait "can charge without orders"? to represent the animosity and waaagh!? And if not...

2.- Is there going to be something to represent the orc animosity and the waaagh! rule?

Quote Originally Posted by Slanted View Post
    How could you forget the trolls And there should be a difference between night goblin spearmen and night goblin bowmen. And its fairly simple for the orc roster.

Orc boyz- 3 variants one with sheilds one with spears and sheilds and one with choppas

Night goblins- 2 variants with bows and spears

Normal gobos- just with spears

Arrer Boyz- What Tex said. Somehwat powerful archers with good close combat abilities

Goblin wolf riders- A fast unit of cavalry with and decent attack but horrible defense and semi good morale.

Savage orcs- A unit of shock infantry with a very high attack but low defense.

Orc Boar boyz- A above average unit heavy cavalry. Just under the power of empire knights.

Black orcs- Not one of the best units in the mod but a very powerful unit with good attack, defense, and morale.

Boar chariot- A very tough chariot

Wolf chariot- A not so tough chariot

Goblin squig riders- Like the savage orcs on squigs. Very high attack but get cut up pretty qquick.

Spear chukka and rock lobba- Balista and trebuchet.

Trolls trolls trolls- Like elephants on two feet with clubs

Goblin doom divers- A balista that shoots goblins with gliders
    Forgive my noobish-ness for forgetting to add trolls.

I don't want to rain on the parade of O&G fans, but I want to provide perspective on the whole "black orcs should be among the hardest infantry in the world!"

They are not.

They are elite, solidly above average, but nowhere near the top of the totem pole. On the table top they are not quite as good as regular chaos warriors, nowhere near chosen, let alone khorne marked chosen chaos warriors. They also fall short of swordmasters, blackguard, ironbreakers, and other elite elven and dwarven infantry. They slightly edge out grave guard and tomb guard in combat ability, but lack the unbreakable cause fear advantages of those units.

Now, for mod balance, you might want to make them among the hardest infantry in the world, I don't know, but their TT stats are as above. They are also valuable for their "quell animosity" effect, which I would represent with a simple moral boost to nearby troops.

It makes sence they are big and battle hardened but still to unbalenced as warriors becuase they can't control their rage. Also orcs only training is from fighting they don't learn like the other races before they fight.

Alexandre Le Sueur
    Chevalier of The Order of the Fleur de Lys
    Servant of France and Bretagne

How are the O&G doing? Last time i was on these forums (and that was a LONG time ago) the devs were having problems implementing the fanatic night goblin... Hope you guys managed this problem, cuz a fanatic would be oh, so awesome.

I mean, how else will a Boyz regiment stomp some Ironbreakers without a spinning metal ball up front causing some mayhem and formation breaking?

Awesome Cold One Knight Member Goncalou's Avatar

Maybe the Orc Boyz would kill all the dwarves with their breath and other awful smells. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa!
    It's a fool's race to be run, if all is lost if it be won.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456