US and Allies vs Russian Federation
This is a scenario which strives to depict a hipotetic WW III, started for gaining control of the vast natural resources that the Russian Federation posesses, but also for controlling the natural resources of the Middle East. Take it just for fun !
In this first installment, the player will play the USA, and once the interactive is finished (either with victory or defeat), a new one will begin, with the player on the Russian side.
Rules and introduction :
- It is the year 2010. USA is still struggling in the War against Terrorism withouth achieving any significant success, while the Russian Federation lead by V.P becames stronger and stronger, both politicly and militarily. Also,the global shortage of oil supplies has put Russia in total control of some of the greates unexplored reserves. Tensions regarding the extension of NATO towards east have became increasingly strong, so the US administration decides that it is the time to take military action against the Russian Federation.
- This is no war of hatred, or a war of extermination. It is fought for control of the natural resources. Due to the high risk of mutual distruction (with desastruos consequences worldwide), none of the combatants will use its nuclear weapon arsenal (highly unlikely in a real event, but made this rule for more fun), howewer the most modern military machines and weapons will be put to the test in this ultimate crash between the East and the West.
- There will be in the begining a number of "fronts", across Europe, Middle East and Asia. The first begining decisions will be strictly politic, and will affect the future events. The number of these "fronts" may vary depending on events, military actions, etc. When military operations will begin, i will provide maps for the different "fronts", for a better understanding.
- Morale, economic, social, and politic issues will be very important.
- The purpose of this interactive is to provide a realistic simulation of that WW III could be. Lets hope that it will never turn into a reality !
Before starting the actual combat, a short review of the fronts, the political and military situation.
1. THE MIDDLE EAST "FRONT"
OVERALL SITUATION :
US has 100 000 troops still present in Irak, with 10 000 allied troops (5000 british). The situation is still tensionate, as the insurgents are starting to attack more and more hoping that a war between USA and Russia will destabilize the US presence in the area enough for them to liberate their country and install a guvernment of their one. The Iraki pro-american guvernment has around 80 000 soldiers, while in the nord, the Kurdish Militias, also loyal to US, have around 50 000 man ready for combat. In the Persian Gulf are 2 american carriers, a fleet of 12 destroyers, 7 cruisers, 10 u-boats, and numerous other military vessels, ready for action.
Meanwhile, the neighbouring Iran has strenghtened its relationship with Russia. Russian military advisors and some Russian Spetsnaz are already present in Iran, closely monitoring the border with the US-controlled Irak. Iran has around 500 000 soldiers ready for action, howewer only 60 000 of them can be considered truly "elite", capable of putting a serious match to the US army. Iranian navy is not impressive at all, while its airforce is composed of outdated american aircraft and modern russian fighters. Russian Spetsnaz units and advisors totallyze 20 000 men as of 10 March 2010. Russian bombers from the military base of Astrahan can provide additional air support if needed.
Sirya is also preparing for war, and its army of 100 000 man was stationed at the borders with Irak and Israel. They posses a number of good airrcaft and tanks, but most of the troops lack modern military training.
Israel is offering its military aid against Iran. The Israeli troops are some of the best (if not the best) in the world, and they are experienced in modern warfare. Israeli airforce can attack targets from Iran and Syria as well, providing aditional air support for the US troops if needed.
Howewer, a cooperation with Israel would worsen US relations with other arab states in the area, such as Saudi Arabia, Jordan, the UAE, Kuwait, and Qatar. They offered their disponibility to help, militarily and logistically, by putting their bases at the dispozal of the US troops and by offering military support when nedeed. Altough small, these countryes posses good armyes, with weapons and military gear bought from the USA in the past years.
Another issue is the Kurdish issue. For years, the Kurds are striving to create and independent Kurdistan comprising teritories of Irak, Iran and Turkey. They offered their support for US. They are good fighters, and may create insurgenties in norht-western Iran, destabilizing the area. Howewer, colaboration with Kurd will worsen the US relationship with Turkey. Turkey will offer to US acces to military bases, but only if the US will stop cooperationg with the Kurds.
So, the first politicall issues to be solved are :
1. The Israel - Arab countryes issue :
a) Will cooperate with Israel
b) Cooperate with Arab Countryes
2. The Turks - Kurds issue :
a) Will cooperate with Kurds (this will significantly worsen the relation with Turkey)
b) Will cooperate with Turkey (this will significantly worsen the relation with Kurds)
Only first reply is taken into account :)
Think well, all political decisions taken will influence alot further events.