Thread: Few questions

Rex Pelasgorum et Valachorum Member Rex_Pelasgorum's Avatar

Default Few questions

If an EB 2 on MTW 2 engine cames out, i might get an computer upgrade to play it just for EB

I have a few questions howewer, , and the most important is regarding the Cityes and castles : they are medieval and do not resemble ancient architecture ; lets say the islamic culture might work partially for ancient "eastern" and "semitic" cultures, but what about greek, roman and barbarian buildings ? What about castles ? If in RTW making new buildings is not that difficult (in INCA TW we are facing this problem and we have made lots of progress), in MTW 2 making new buildings is farr more complicated, as each building has specific animations for destruction, etc. I guess it would take an AWESOME ammount of work to make the cities look like Greek, Roman, or Barbarian...
    Dogma nemuririi sufletului îi fãcea curajosi fãrã margini, dispretuitori fatã de orice pericol, poftitori de moarte (apetitus morti) luptãtori cu hotarâre si cu o întreprindere de speriat.
    (Metianus Capella)

Default Re: Few questions

Yes. This is one of the biggest problems we face with migrating to MTW2. Eventually someone will figure out how to change them I hope.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Why not just ignore castles? Simply delete them from edb and few files? Or it is imposible, hardcoded?

I'm most worried about the battles. Battles in M2TW were just so disappointing. The graphics are beautiful, but there are so many problems that weren't in RTW. It's a chore just to get your units to do behave correctly.