Thread: Your favourate kingdoms campaign and why

Default Your favourate kingdoms campaign and why

Like the title says, Looking for a campaign to play after the current one crusades which is excellent.
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 09-08-2007 at 15:39.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Default Re: Your favourate kingdoms campaign and why

Well so far for me the Crusades has been the best because there always seems to be huge armies in field battles. After that probably the Americas as the Spanish, the fog of war adds a cool sense of mystery. Then the Teutonic one which was fun forming the Union of Kalmar but I got a bit bored after that. The worst one for me was the Brittania campaign, it just seemed a bit boring and not much is new

Which faction did you play in the crusades? im having a great time as egypt :)

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

I played Jerusalem and then Antioch - the tight fighting around Cairo was great fun

Low-tech Americas Chichimec Campaign. Back to basics: tactics and numbers more important than fancy units. And letting the europeans tastewhat it's like to be on a receiving end of gunpowder is satisfying to say the least.

Britannia.

Wales.

No more reason needed. ^_^

But, the stone forts don't hurt, either!

stone forts?

Buddha

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh So
    stone forts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhedd
    Britannia.

Wales.

Well, I know that in the crusades campaign (the only one I've played up until now) the forts cost 2500 ( 5x as much as in MII) but I have yet to understand what makes them so much more expensive. Keep in mind I have never fought a battle from them, or attacked them in any way.

Do the other campaigns have these seemingly 'better' forts too ?

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Default Sv: Re: Your favourate kingdoms campaign and why

I have yet to understand what makes them so much more expensive.
    I think it's because unlike the normal forts, these ones won't go away.

And in Britannia 2 units get free uplkeep. SO you can spread armies around andhave around 10 units, all free, that can be assembled ina turn to march when required...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhedd
    Britannia.

Wales.

This is my favourite too. I love their longbowmen. Their colour isn't bad either... You know, I just can't stand pink or yellow knights. I tried the Irish but they were too green... My current playing style favours guerilla warfare and ambushing, and Wales fits my demands perfectly. I'm still with my starting provinces only, making a living with ransoming. The Apacheans are another favourite of mine. The crusader states appear to be exiting, too.

- Guru ouuut...
    Pinky: "Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
    The Brain: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky - Try to take over the world!"

Count me in for Britannia too.

There is a great celtic flavor about it and also my favourite unit ever is and will always be heavy infantry. So Britannia came in handy for me

I'm playing the norvegians at the moment, keeping on being late at most meetings with friends, saying to myself "well, still a few minutes, u have time to finish this battle, let's go!"
    "He could hear her still at times. Promise me, she had cried, in a room that smelled of blood and roses, Promise me, Ned. The fever had taken her strength and her voice had been faint as a whisper, but when he gave her his word, the fear had gone out of his sister's eyes."
    Eddard and Lyanna Stark about Jon Snow Targaryen.

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

I am really enjoying the Americas campaign as New Spain.

At first it seemed like it would be a walkover, but it soon became clear it was going to get harder as it went on.

There's a real sense of being stuck out in the jungle far from home, with no way to go except onward!

I've made piles of gold but I have nothing to spend it on as I can't replenish my best units.

Last night I got ambushed by two full-stack Mayan armies and had my butt handed to me as my native mercenaries all ran away and my general and culverin crew fought to the last man.

Where do I get another cannon?!
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Memento mori... Member Nikos_Rouvelas's Avatar

Definately the Crusades campaign for me. Simply because , it lets me play as Byzantium and kisck some Serius Crusader and Islamic "butt" lol
    Last edited by Nikos_Rouvelas; 09-10-2007 at 05:14.
    "Once out of nature I shall never take
    My bodily form from any natural thing,
    But such a form as Grecian goldsmiths make
    Of hammered gold and gold enamelling
    To keep a drowsy Emperor awake;
    Or set upon a golden bough to sing"
    "Sailing to Byzantium" William Butler Yeats

Britannia because it's the closest thing to the VI2 that I wanted. :(

Indians are awesome, too, though. Started an apache campaign. The mass archer battles in the rebel camps are fun.

Default Sv: Re: Your favourate kingdoms campaign and why

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey
    Welcome to the new world .
    You can build artillery when you get the rank of Baron.
    You will only be able to build bombards when you reach that rank but better then nothing.
    You also get musketeers at that rank(finally).

Anyway my favorite campaign is the Americas campaign easily.
    3 ways of fighting, Aztecs/mayans etc have to use their numbers and good melee skills to win the day, spain have to use their technology against overwhelming odds and I do mean overwhelming and Apaches have to use their range since they aren't very good at melee.

And the campaigns are very challenging as well.
    In my spanish game I got 7(!) full stacks of Aztec armies camping outside one of my town. Luckily we are allies but I'm slowly getting corned.
    Aztecs and Mayans have all expanded and there are no more rebel provinces left and if I wanna expand I have to move on one of them but picking one of them is a tough choice since both of them got huge armies. The aztecs got way more then those 7 stacks outside my city and I already lost a few battles against the Mayans in a previous war I had with them.
    So it's tough .

I also like the recruitment in this campaign.
    As stated before, the spanish is dependent on which rank you hold to get better troops, aztecs/mayans are the same basic system as before and the Apaches are depending on the number of victories you have.
    And what I really like is with the aztecs/mayans etc is that you don't disband your troops like everyone else, you sacrifice them and get a religious bonus.

Iron Chef Wannabe Member Fookison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey
    I am really enjoying the Americas campaign as New Spain.

At first it seemed like it would be a walkover, but it soon became clear it was going to get harder as it went on.

There's a real sense of being stuck out in the jungle far from home, with no way to go except onward!

I've made piles of gold but I have nothing to spend it on as I can't replenish my best units.

Last night I got ambushed by two full-stack Mayan armies and had my butt handed to me as my native mercenaries all ran away and my general and culverin crew fought to the last man.

I've been playing as the Aztecs. Also a fun game with plenty to look forward to on the battle map. Interesting units and lots of hand to hand combat.

Americas for sure. I was getting tired of the old "throw spearmen at enemies to hold the lines then smash into their sides with cav until they die" routine, so America is a breath of fresh air. I'm loving my Apaches. They die fairly quickly, but it's so awesome to run everywhere without a worry, and their arches destroy other native factions (and are decent against Spain)

Second favorite is Britannia, because I've always loved that time period, and Scotland is my favorite vanilla faction. Haven't tried Crusades more than a few custom battles, but it seems kinda meh, and played a bit on Teutonic and after I get past the "WOW! LOOKIT THE HELMETS!" stage, it seems just like normal Medieval 2 but with some different models, a useless unit of a tiny number of clergymen, and the annoying religion factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh
    Why waste time on thought when you have a big charge bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Benandorf View Post
    Americas for sure. I was getting tired of the old "throw spearmen at enemies to hold the lines then smash into their sides with cav until they die" routine, so America is a breath of fresh air. I'm loving my Apaches. They die fairly quickly, but it's so awesome to run everywhere without a worry, and their arches destroy other native factions (and are decent against Spain)

Second favorite is Britannia, because I've always loved that time period, and Scotland is my favorite vanilla faction. Haven't tried Crusades more than a few custom battles, but it seems kinda meh, and played a bit on Teutonic and after I get past the "WOW! LOOKIT THE HELMETS!" stage, it seems just like normal Medieval 2 but with some different models, a useless unit of a tiny number of clergymen, and the annoying religion factor.
    Oh why the religion part is annoying? Isn't it cool to be the last Pagan state as Lithuania, feeling alone on the map, resist all the Crusades with the coolest pagan soldiers.. And then decide to convert yourself?
    Or being a ruthless Teutonic order, like a war machine chews anyone on its way?