Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Quick update (Updated July 28th!)

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

Default Re: Quick update (Updated July 28th!)

I'm fairly sure it is. Taranaich is a man of few words.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

Hmm, it would be nice to hear something of this mod....

Quote Originally Posted by Jerat View Post
    Hmm, it would be nice to hear something of this mod....
    I Think so Too.

This Mod Looks amazing. Hope it is'nt dead...
    We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
    Winston Churchill June 4, 1940

Me too...!

"Alexander came by the statue of his father and spoke loud: `Youths of the Pellaians and of the Macedonians and of the Hellenic Amphictiony and of the Lakedaimonians and of the Corinthians... and of all the Hellenic peoples, join your fellow-soldiers and entrust yourselves to me, so that we can move against the barbarians and liberate ourselves from the Persian bondage, for AS Hellenes WE should not be slaves to barbarians."

Me as well. Just a quick question: Will conan die as such,or will there be a script event of him handing his kingdom to his son when he feels it's the right time? He never actually died in the Howard novels that I've read he abdciated in favour of his son. Also will Conan be routable in battle,or will he stay and fight to the last man? He doesn't seem to be afraid of much, In the Scarlet Citadel he's facing down pretty much an entire army at the beginning.

I think it would be silly if the mod died now, I mean Mr. T has made so many great models already (it would be a waste to throw all that hard work away).
    Also known as Radboud at TWC

UP !!!
    Please Taranaich, let us know how things proceed with this beautiful mod... we are all crossing our fingers !

Last I remeber he had one person helping him but it seems thats not the case anymore :( I also remember he was helping out with a ROME Mod but I know not which one or if its been completed. Like everyone else I would really love to see this mod come to life.

I want to play this mod, the Conan universe would be a very good scenario for a total war game. But it really seems that this mod is dead :(

He didn't even respond to an e-mail I've sent him a while ago.

Oh my...
    I just don't want to think that this mod will be abandoned.
    As Lurtz said, such a lot of beautiful work cannot be thrown away!

Some words from Taranaich could make some light on the matter, maybe?

It always pains me to see mods die like this, espescially since the artist is very talented ansd has come so far.

As I said before, a while ago I've sent him an e-mail asking him if I could finish the mod and get his files to save me the time and trouble. I'm affraid that after all this time I'm too occupied with my other projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurtz View Post
    It always pains me to see mods die like this, espescially since the artist is very talented ansd has come so far.

As I said before, a while ago I've sent him an e-mail asking him if I could finish the mod and get his files to save me the time and trouble. I'm affraid that after all this time I'm too occupied with my other projects.
    I understand you Lurtz, but I'm sure that a lot of people would be happy even if you or someone else could just say that this mod will be completed someday!
    Everything is acceptable, if the mod will just not be abandoned

I'm affraid it's the truth, it can't be that hard for Taranaich or one of the team members to respond to a question once a month (it has almost been a year since Taranaich was last online).

no i cannot believe that the mod is dead......

"Alexander came by the statue of his father and spoke loud: `Youths of the Pellaians and of the Macedonians and of the Hellenic Amphictiony and of the Lakedaimonians and of the Corinthians... and of all the Hellenic peoples, join your fellow-soldiers and entrust yourselves to me, so that we can move against the barbarians and liberate ourselves from the Persian bondage, for AS Hellenes WE should not be slaves to barbarians."

This is indeed sad news, I had looked forward to this mod... I can only hope that Taranaich saw's up in near future and finishes the project or gives it over to Lurtz (Yes this is wishful thinking, I know but one can hope)...
    Blackadder:"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?"

https://skender.be/supportdenmark/#CS

I really hope it is not dead .

Whatever the state of the mod , be well Taranaich , and thank you for working on this mod .

Satyros
    Smell the battle in the wind, before you see us.Winterhorde of furyride, the wind will lead us.

For anyone who is interested to know, Taranaich has been active here on the 30th of may this year so in regard to that I have tried to contact him again about taking over his project.

I am also awaiting posting approval at a different forum to be able to contact him there (he was active today), this was possible thanks to Spartan198 so a special thanks to him. I will inform you guys when I have news. One last thing, if I am able to continue Taranaich's beautiful work then I'll be relocating this project to twc.

Good news.

I guess any news is good news :P. I'm still waiting for my account to be validated at the other site which is annoying, normally you can post right away when you join a new forum.

That's good news indeed! Terrible shame if nothing ever comes of this mod.

Also glad to hear that Taranaich is active somewhere. I was beginning to think he'd died or something similarly tragic.
    ξυνòς 'Evυáλιoς κaí τε κτανéoντα κατéκτα
    Alike to all is the War God, and him who would kill he kills. (Il. 18.309)

Spartan198 has contacted Taranaich for me, but unfortunately Taranaich hasn't responded to his message. This makes me think that taranaich has abandoned modding and this project in particular which makes me angry since he should at least announce that he stopped working on this, he hasn't even responded to my posts in this forum while he has been active a few months ago (after I posted).

He actually listed the MOD on that site as well, but as of 25 Mar 11 someone named Deuce there posted this

"Mr. Harron is still compiling the EH. No time for the mod. The mod would be just another (if highly superior) REH/Conan pastiche. The technology could very well be outdated tomorrow.

The encyclopaedia, on the other hand, will be a sourcebook for all and sundry pasticheurs in EVERY media, whether that be prose, comics, gaming or films. Since all entries will have their source in Howard (NO pastiches), would-be pasticheurs best read the EH before attempting an "interpretation".

No more excuses about "I didn't know, so I made it up."

That, IMO, is far more important than any videogame.

All that said, Al's mod (as far as it went) DID kick ass. "

So this means it will never come out.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456