Thread: dif. between nomad and settleing down?

Default dif. between nomad and settleing down?

i was playing parthia, and i noticed that all their new take over region thingy has like nomadic place or settle down, is there any advantages to doing the nomadic thingy? because they dont even get cataphracts or anything all they get is that one dahae unit\

-edit-oh by settleing down i mean the pastrolization thing
    Last edited by ZinedineZidane; 10-15-2007 at 08:50.

Default Re: dif. between nomad and settleing down?

You get different units. Faster (and very limited) buildup than pastoralisation, I think.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Default Re: dif. between nomad and settleing down?

Quote Originally Posted by ZinedineZidane
    i was playing parthia, and i noticed that all their new take over region thingy has like nomadic place or settle down, is there any advantages to doing the nomadic thingy? because they dont even get cataphracts or anything all they get is that one dahae unit\

-edit-oh by settleing down i mean the pastrolization thing
    Look at the Pahlava building tree in the documentation (or EB website).

The greatest change occurs not with Pastoralism, but with Reformed Pastoralism and Settled Aristocracy. The Reformed Pastoralism prevents further advancement in the Herds (basically missile cavalry units), while Settled Aristocracy allows for the installment of a Parthian Reformed Government, which in turn allows the start of the Factional MICs and the availability of heavier infantry units.

As an example, the Parthohellenikoi Thureophoroi (heavy infantry) can only be built after the 3rd level MIC while the Babylonian Heavy Infantry can be built in the Pahlava faction only after the 4th level MIC.

So if you want to increase your chances for a very large empire, you should go for a Parthian Reformed Government in the larger settlements.

"Death Smiles at Us All,all a Man Can Do Is Smile Back."
    Maximvs Decimvs Meridivs, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, Iberian Gladiator.