Thread: Character Names

Post Character Names

I have seen it mentioned several times but there is no thread yet with Character names. I have the storm of Chaos book and will go threw and give some names and descriptions for Characters. Apart from the names nothing will be copied for legal stuff.... A lot depends on the time this campaign is based on in the warhammer world... Also very vague descriptions so if ya want do more research just google name... One could be a leader of each different empire/chaos faction

Chaos-
    Kordel Shorgaar
    He is a standard bearer for the swords of chaos he is a tough bloke who killed a whole tribe etc.

Archaon the everchosen-lord of the end times.
    The big bad boss dude for chaos really tough maybe the starting lord for chaos...

Vardek Crom
    Another hardcore fighter dude really strong in close

Be'lakor the dark master
    Demon leader

Empire-

Karl Franz
    big boss dude for empire really good leadership skillz etc.

Valten Exalted of Sigmar
    Blacksmith or something rose up to fight Archaon got gifts from god... Some god reincarnated apparently...

High Priest Ar-Ulric Emil Valgeir

Volkmar the grim-
    Grand Theogonist

Boris Todbringer-
    Elector count of Middenland

Vorn Thugenheim-
    Standard Bearer of Middenheim

Dwarf-

Ungrim Ironfist
    Slayer king of Karak Kadrin

Garagrim Ironfist
    Warmourner of Karak Kadrin

High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer

High Elf-

Teclis
    Wizard dude

Orkz

Borgut Facebeater
    Tough orc leader bloke

Grimgor
    Bigger leader bloke

Dark Elves-

Witch King Malekith
    Big leader of Dark elves

Morathi
    Nasty sorceress chick

Bretonia-

King Leoncoecur

Vampire Counts-

Manfred von Carstein

Thats a start list hopefully everyone addz. That is just from storm of chaos book and there are thousands of other characters in the warhammer world :P

Default Re: Character Names

Yea.. You got high elven leader tyrion.
    The "perfect chivalrus knight" Riding around on his big white steed wearing his superuber golden armor, and wielding a magic sword. His atributes are mostly his skill in close combat and all the stuff he is wearing. aperantly he is the heir of the great hero of elvenkind, or somthing so he got a huge ward save too..
    Bwian, if you need some info on High elves, send me a PM.
    Last edited by A Norseman; 10-06-2007 at 12:23.

Tyrion and Teclis are 2 brothers, they are descendants of Aenarion, the first of the phoenix kings.

Malekith is the son of Aenarion but was ''corrupted'' and therefore was not fit to become a phoenix king.

This resulted in civil war and then the elves split into the dark elves and high elves.

Tyrion wasnt in the campaign Storm of chaos.

For more detailed information of the characters from the storm of chaos, just check out Wiki its pretty detailed:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_of_chaos

or u can check out the official storm of chaos page:
    http://us.games-workshop.com/games/w...de/default.htm

Sorry for hijacking your thread!

Ive read kost of the book. And only teclis were in the storm of chaos. as he is the one of the two wich is fond of humans. However, Teclis is a magic type character, not fit for total war. Tyrion is a Knight/general character, He uses a horse and a sword, no shield and his attributes are mainly leadership and combat powerness. and so is perfect for a total war general.

You could use Teclis as a skilled diplomat character

Dwarves;

Ungrim Ironfist
    Garagrim Ironfist
    Thorgrim Grudgebearer
    Kragg the Grim (Master Runesmith, I believe, of Karaz-a-Karak)
    Burlok Dammison (Head of the Engineers guild)
    Thorek Ironbow (Runesmith, master of the weapon shops of Karak Azul and Keeper of it's Anvil of Doom)
    Kraggi (His assistant)
    Josef Bugman (If you don't know who bugman is I'll shoot you)
    Malakai Makaisson (Slayer Engineer, created the Gobiln-Hewer warmachine (which lobs axes).
    King Kazador of Karak Azul (King, hero of the Orc wars, has a pretty darn serious grudge agaainst Gorfang Rotcut who broke into his hold, captured all of his family except him and his son (who they mailed to the throne, dead, with his beard cut off).)
    King Alrik Ranulfsson of Karak Hirn (Generally kickass dwarf king standing on a shield)
    King Baragor (King of Barak Varr, probably commander of the Dwarven Navy.)
    Gotrek (You know, the slayer?)
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

Whose Josef Bug(BANG!!!)
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal_Barca
    Dwarves;

Ungrim Ironfist
    Garagrim Ironfist
    Thorgrim Grudgebearer
    Kragg the Grim (Master Runesmith, I believe, of Karaz-a-Karak)
    Burlok Dammison (Head of the Engineers guild)
    Thorek Ironbow (Runesmith, master of the weapon shops of Karak Azul and Keeper of it's Anvil of Doom)
    Kraggi (His assistant)
    Josef Bugman (If you don't know who bugman is I'll shoot you)
    Malakai Makaisson (Slayer Engineer, created the Gobiln-Hewer warmachine (which lobs axes).
    King Kazador of Karak Azul (King, hero of the Orc wars, has a pretty darn serious grudge agaainst Gorfang Rotcut who broke into his hold, captured all of his family except him and his son (who they mailed to the throne, dead, with his beard cut off).)
    King Alrik Ranulfsson of Karak Hirn (Generally kickass dwarf king standing on a shield)
    King Baragor (King of Barak Varr, probably commander of the Dwarven Navy.)
    Gotrek (You know, the slayer?)
    How can u forget the little sex pot dwarf queen Helgar! Maybe if Bwian asks here nicely she will do us a special calander shoot to launch the mod :)
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...5009&orignav=9

Bugman needs to be included. I demand bugman.

He should have his tankard as retinue that gives him atleast +1 hitpoints.(referring to one of his special rules in the army book)

Since I'm going to assume the mod isn't going to just go and use all the special characters (I assume the likes of Teclis could be difficult following MoC...) GorkaMorka had a list of icons and symbols that form the ork lexicon. I know it's the futuristic version but names don't differ that much do they?

Naming wise, no...we can't just use all the special characters. We need to be a bit more flexible in terms of how we do that. It will need to be inspired and follow the same sort of syntax as the canon Warhammer stuff, but our own invention. Otherwise, you end up running into so many problems!
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

In that case I'll hunt out some of my sources and try and do a linguistical breakdown, not much but if we can get a mix of names sorted out it does increase the number of names... 490 Azhags running around will be a pain in the backside ;)

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

How about the names of the mods and some of the "regular" posters in this forum put in too? I think that would be cool imo. Imagine watching your Tomb Kings army getting crushed by none-other than yourself! How crazy fun would that be
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

Quote Originally Posted by Decker
    How about the names of the mods and some of the "regular" posters in this forum put in too? I think that would be cool imo. Imagine watching your Tomb Kings army getting crushed by none-other than yourself! How crazy fun would that be
    that would be awsome but i dont think some of the names fit
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

Quote Originally Posted by Enthes
    that would be awsome but i dont think some of the names fit
    Gnashfang Deathmasher for an Orc warlord would! Not that you'd have to or anything... Of that sort... At all... But! It's a pretty cool name, eh? Ehhh?

I don't know if it might help ... but I have an old book for the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying Game lying around somewhere which contained several charts that could be used to randomly generate typical Empire, Elven, Dwarven and Halfling male and female names (surnames and lastnames).

Such names might be useful for certain characters ingame ...?

If there is any interest I'd either could create a couple of names with these chars or PM one of the makers of this mod here.

(Btw ... this being my first post: When I saw the first screenshot I was speechless and had to pick up my jaw from the floor ...)

Quote Originally Posted by Virtanen
    Bugman needs to be included. I demand bugman.

He should have his tankard as retinue that gives him atleast +1 hitpoints.(referring to one of his special rules in the army book)

have his beer foundry as a wonder
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

Quote Originally Posted by Love Muscle
    I have seen it mentioned several times but there is no thread yet with Character names. I have the storm of Chaos book and will go threw and give some names and descriptions for Characters. Apart from the names nothing will be copied for legal stuff.... A lot depends on the time this campaign is based on in the warhammer world... Also very vague descriptions so if ya want do more research just google name... One could be a leader of each different empire/chaos faction
    I already did this, perhaps not totally complete (all the factions I mean) in the Warhammer Campaign Thread
    Revan Shan / Mayorcete / Teuton Arrasador

Miguelito Productions' views:
    The best vids in YOUTUBE!
    Miguelito Productions supports:
    SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

I have a useful link to a GW Lizardmen and Skaven Name Generators. Am I allowed to link to GW official sites?

Ambassador from The RTS Gamers Union

Ambassador from The RTS Gamers Union

Lizardmen Character Names;

Kroq-Gar [Saurus on Carnosaur]
    Lord Mazamundi [Slann riding Stegadon]
    Nakai [Kroxigor]
    Tehenhauin [Skink Prophet of Sotek]
    Tichi Huichi [Skink Horned One Rider]
    Lord Korak [Long Dead spirit that hover around his former Slann body]