Thread: Time for the non conformist oath!

Default Time for the non conformist oath!

So since I started my AAR Brothers in Arms I've noticed other Romani AAR's popping up all over the place. I don't even begin to claim credit for 'inspiring' these AAR's, all of which are amazing by the way, but since they, like mine, are all Romani, it leaves me feeling as if I'm part of a wave of Romani propagandists, telling my own made up history of the Republic and competing with others to get a Pulitzer. And so, for that reason, I've decided to start another AAR. Using the other thread I started (Tips for AARs) I'm going to write in more of a narrative style, with focus on character development, side stories etc than actual game play.

And since everyone seems to be ill with Romani-fever recently, I'll give you all dose of later, Imperial Rome, courtesy of Barbarian Invasion. Except, instead of "my country tis of thee" jingoism EB's Republic gives the player, I'll make sure the Western Roman Empire is a gripping, cut throat story that you lot enjoy. Cheers
    (and if anyone does a Roman BI AAR I'll kill you!!! )
    Brothers in Arms- A Legionaries AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...86#post1853386

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

Default Re: Time for the non conformist oath!

I would use IBFD for a late roman AAR - much more historical and with better units.
    Last edited by Strategos Alexandros; 04-05-2008 at 16:45.
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"

Barely a levy Member overweightninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strategos alexandros
    I would use IBFD for a late roman AAR - much more historical and with better units.
    Depends how late he goes, IBFD would probably be better if you're talking about the end of the empire, but if we're looking at the post-marian or even early imperial period, I think EB is a good bet.
    Cheers

PS Good luck Long Lost! :D
    Last edited by overweightninja; 04-05-2008 at 16:54.

He said using BI's WRE so...
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior

very cool. Will look for it.
    Finished Campaigns
    Lusotannan 0.8
    Quarthadastim 0.8
    Sab'yn 1.0
    Romani 1.0
    Ongoing Campaigns
    Lusotannan 1.2

Long may the barbarians continue, I pray, if not to love us, at least to hate one another,seeing that, as fate bears remorselessly on the empire, fortune can offer no greater boon now than discord amoung our enemies - Tacitus

i'd use IBFD, but it would just be too esay quite honestly. at least with BI theres a chance i might lose, but thats not to say its not a good game, just not what im after.

Have you tried Rio's mod for it? WRE starts with only Italy and most cities in revolt.
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior

thats basically the same as IBFD though isnt it? or has the morale been sorted out? that was the main thing i didnt like about IBFD; the morale system really needed a good tweaking. cheers

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

I was going to start a Romani AAR too until I saw how many there were. I think that there has been a lot of new AARs in general popping up. Since most people play as the Romani it should be expected that most of the new AARs are about them.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by strategos alexandros
    He said using BI's WRE so...
    Point, Sorry read too quick, I guess as its the EB forum I figured he meant EB on BI.

ETW Steam: Little Fox Member mini's Avatar

I guess I'm one of the guilty persons who started a roman aar, for which I'm sorry.

But ever since i ran an interactive senate AAR back in th rtr board days, i'm fond of the option the romans give you for story lines :)

there was nothign as good as 10 forum peepz discussing as to wether or not to recruit reinforcements and where to sent them, all roleplaying on the thread :D
    But as I wasn't sure about the activity on this board, I decided to roll one on my own first and see how it went :)

Quote Originally Posted by mini
    I guess I'm one of the guilty persons who started a roman aar, for which I'm sorry.

But ever since i ran an interactive senate AAR back in th rtr board days, i'm fond of the option the romans give you for story lines :)

there was nothign as good as 10 forum peepz discussing as to wether or not to recruit reinforcements and where to sent them, all roleplaying on the thread :D
    But as I wasn't sure about the activity on this board, I decided to roll one on my own first and see how it went :)
    Hey man, if anyone is willing to organise such thing, I'd be glad to join, and probably there would be a large number of people willing to join too

Well I'll see if I can dig up all my rules etc, and i'll see if I can set it up :)

I even had elections on consuls etc ;)

When the game develops, ppl could adopt actual FM in the game etc

Quote Originally Posted by mini
    Well I'll see if I can dig up all my rules etc, and i'll see if I can set it up :)

I even had elections on consuls etc ;)

When the game develops, ppl could adopt actual FM in the game etc
    Have you considered running a collabroation campaign on the forum at all? These concepts have been applied previously, Bootsiuv organised a couple I think but he hasn't been seen a while, search back through the forum for some insipiration :D
    Cheers

a collaboration is with 2-3 guys :)

A forum senate as my aar = the whole forum who wants to can RP a senator in the thread, discussing nearly everything :)

once we get underway, I might hand out save games when ppl ask to adpot an in-game FM character :)

it's quite complicated, but delicious fun to see a lot of forum frequenters dicussing about pretty much every decision to be made :p

I even had consul and tribune elections by doin polls etc
    Last edited by mini; 04-06-2008 at 10:34.

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

mini, if you organize it then I'll play.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

i'll see if i can dig up the format and rules I used, and if i have the time to run it next to my ongoing aar :)