Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: EB v1.0 Released

Default Re: EB v1.0 Released

Wheeeee! 45% in under 6 minutes! EB 1.0 here I come!
    Balloons:
    From gamegeek2 for my awesome AI expansion -
    From machinor for 'splainin -

DING!!! Yum! Now the joy begins...
    Balloons:
    From gamegeek2 for my awesome AI expansion -
    From machinor for 'splainin -

YEAH BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The finaly awaited time is HERE!!!!!!! EB has the answer to my wishes of a History Game that was accurate!

You fellas have put in tons of work and countless hours for the enjoyment of all of us. One thing I would like to say.... besides all the fun and whatnot, this "game" and this thread has tought me a lot about the ancient world and the people who lived in that time. It will be at least 10 pages long if I were to list all the stuff I've learned. I see this "game" and this thread as the best thing that has been done to spread knowledge of history since somebody thought of writting stuff down.

Fellas.... all I can say is that this forum is about to go CREAZY with action!! And think of all the thread references, FAQ refences, Geasatae NOT overpowered etc that awaits us. But all in all, a bunch of people (including me) are going to learn a LOT about history. (and draw blank stares when they quote what the romani did to make a point in a casual discussion with friends).

Fun times ahead fellas....

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSpartan
    But all in all, a bunch of people (including me) are going to learn a LOT about history. (and draw blank stares when they quote what the romani did to make a point in a casual discussion with friends).
    In all seriousness. For many of us on the team, that makes it all worthwhile.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Since playing EB I would say I have spent nearly £200 on books about this period of history, so it's fair to say it's inspired me to learn more regarding this timeperiod too. Cheers guys.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm on vacation right now,and didn't bring my RTW with me.Now I'll have to wait till Monday to get it.Curse ye fate.Oh well,still have the other half of break to play.And then...I don't know what to do then.Maybe Sweboz,or Sabean,or maybe try Pahlav again.Then again,ohhhh, to many options.But thats a good thing.

Looks like we forgot to mention the inclusion of Cape Tainaron as a mercenary hub of sorts. It's in there: just send a general on a ship with a lot of cash to Cape Tainaron (aka Taenarum) and you'll probably leave with a large (and expensive) army in tow.

Member Member Centurion Crastinus's Avatar

If I download 1.0 on top of my current game, what will happen? Will I be able to keep on going with my current game, or do I have to start over?

Bad things happen... very bad things.

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mjmehrer07
    If I download 1.0 on top of my current game, what will happen? Will I be able to keep on going with my current game, or do I have to start over?
    No joke. People need to READ THE README FILE!!!! or even the top part of the post leading off this thread. It states quite clearly that installing EB v1.0 on top of a previous version of EB will cause, to quote abou, "bad things to happen" (meaning CTDs)
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Congratulations friends and ex-co.

Torrent is fine. Downloading from 33 out of 49 seeds. eMule looks hopeless atm; no sources.

Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Downloading now guys - getting pretty decent speeds from Filefront (Considering I live here in Aus... no one loves us).

I love you guys! Have my baby!
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

YEHHAAA!!!

See guys, I wasn't that off the night before!

I just "love" you guys. I'll try to see what I can do about seeding like CRAZY!!!

I'm surprised with this download speeds! I might even be able to play EB1 TODAY!!!

WHY AM I IN SCHOOL????!!!!

Skuzzy, use 7-zip to extract the mod. Then manually create the shortcut. Copy the old 0.81aV2 one, change the path and remove the -nm switch. The removal of the switch is to get the Pahlava intro, if you're not going to play them there is little reason to do it though.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kull
    In all seriousness. For many of us on the team, that makes it all worthwhile.
    I just thought I would let you guys know that playing your mod was one of the things that has helped push me down the road of studying History at University (Beginning next year), then hopefully going on to be an academic. Perhaps I shall one day contribute to whatever EB mod it is up to at that point.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Sweet mother of god.

:) This is awesome news. Hope the relationships all players have, don't suffer under the weight of EB 1.0.

Yhanks to the team, the betatesters, and everyone involved in the process.

I know I can't wait to play! A week from now when my download finally finishes, assuming nothing is corrupted on the journey.

I do believe it's time to celebrate!

Tears Don`t Lie !

you made me so emotional -

Thanx, Thanx, Thanx... Thanx from Frankurt (Germany) !

Alexandros the Great One has heard my prayers and answered them!!!

THANK YOU EB TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!

"I fought with all that I had, but at the end I was left wounded, bloodied, and broken and asking myself, "Why?"."

boy of DESTINY Senior Member Big_John's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kahju
    *dies*
    Quote Originally Posted by pezhetairoi
    I'm not going to sleep anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basileos ton Ellenon
    Great Gods!
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldinger
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJVegetaTrunks
    my computer can't handle it >_<.
    Quote Originally Posted by madmatg
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAaa
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Quote Originally Posted by overweightninja
    I'm never going to get my degree
    Quote Originally Posted by skuzzy
    My brain is having difficulty
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland
    What happens now? WHAT HAPPENS NOW!?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Celt
    De-de-de-dee-dee de-de-de-dee dum-de-dum de-de-dum dum
    DUM de-de-de-de-DUM_DUM_DUM! DUM-de-de-de-dee DUM_DUM_DUM
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe
    Bad news
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsiuv
    Please shoot me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azazel
    you just ended my social life
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen851
    You ruined my life.
    starve and get demoralised
    Quote Originally Posted by EasternScourge
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by abou
    Bad things happen... very bad things.

the vast sadness is like sweet AMBROSIA to my malevolent lustings!
    now i'm here, and history is vindicated.

Right.

A question: Can somebody hold my hand and bring me through how to unlock all the missing units for the custom battle? It is irritating to want to play a Baktria custom to find that Heatiroi Kataphraktoi aren't there, or Getai without Agema Orditon...

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

EB Keyframe Artist Member Kampfkrebs's Avatar

Right.

A question: Can somebody hold my hand and bring me through how to unlock all the missing units for the custom battle? It is irritating to want to play a Baktria custom to find that Heatiroi Kataphraktoi aren't there, or Getai without Agema Orditon...
    You have to copypaste their entrys at the start of the edu. dont forget to keep only ONE entrance at a time. two wont work, error message.

Besides this, all those people who died in this thread of excitement, now I know why I waste my spare time with EB

Member for Videoediting

Yes! Can't wait to play!

Lover of Toight Vahjoinas Member Bootsiuv's Avatar

In my excitement I hadn't noticed you guys added the Yuehzi Invasion in! Very, very cool.

w00t!
    SSbQ*****************SSbQ******************SSbQ

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Wow, just wow. I am sitting here at work and I am so sure what I will do this weekend....watch Rugby...... and PLAY EB 1.0.

Thanks a freaking lot to all the developers, scripters, beta testers, bug hunters, modellers [2- and 3d], programmers, team leaders, researchers, mappers, unit card designers, designers in general, musicians, skinners and all those I forgot. Thank you 4 your patience, spirit, diligence and tolerance towards us - the impatient , but veeeeeery thankful fans.

This mod is the best that ever happened to me on a pc monitor. Some freinds of mine keep asking me, if I was still playing that one game with the strange title. I can sure reply "Hell YEAH!". "Why that?" they ask....and I would state: "It is a lot of fun, interesting, thrilling, inspiring educating [god knows how often I took books from the library , googled or wikipediaed b/c of some culture, unit, town, ship, special sights...you name it, I saw it first on EB].

As a little sidennote: When I told a history interested friend of mine about EB, he actually bought a new PC to be able to play.

So enough with the brown-nosing.

I final YIPPY... now i still gotta work for 6 hrs. and afterwards say good-bye to my Carthagian camapaign 0.81...and hello to my "Who knows"- 1.0 empire building.

Cheers , U RULE Subedei
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

Right.

In the EB directory, you'll find a folder named "mp custom game edu". Inside you'll find the export_descr_unit files (commonly known as EDU) which are prepared to give custom battles the utmost accuracy in terms of unit availability.

All you have to do is backup the file "export_descr_unit.txt" inside the EB\Data folder and replace it with one of those above.

However, don't forget to replace back the standard EDU when you wish to play a campaign, or nasty things will happen.

BTW, if you get nice footage from one of those custom battles, make sure you share it with the community.

"Death Smiles at Us All,all a Man Can Do Is Smile Back."
    Maximvs Decimvs Meridivs, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, Iberian Gladiator.

Congrats lads ... You mafe it
    But how about new voicemods? Any of them are in this build???

Cheers

Forgotten Empire

As earlier said, EB is a beauty!!! But werent the battlespeeches for the greeks supposed to be in greek?
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skuzzy
    edit:
    OOOOOO THAT'S WHY! It is still uncompressing to standard C:\ directory. I thought after 0.81 you guys were going to fix this.
    It uncompresses, as is standard, to the Application Data folder. That usually resides in C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\, but it doesn't have to be there. If you are having space difficulties, I suggest moving your profiles off C to another fixed drive. Otherwise extract the files with 7-zip as bovi suggested.
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

I am speechless and whatever I would say still will be inadequate to the wonderful effort you all EB Team people have done. Therefore I just bow to the majesty of your work

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast