Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: EB v1.0 Released

Aquincum, Pannonia Inferior Ak-Ink, Eravacouw

Default Re: EB v1.0 Released

No they almost never did that

American since 2012 Senior Member AntiochusIII's Avatar

Jesus Christ. It's going at more than 900kb/s, fastest I've ever seen on any torrents. What do you EB guys have seeding this stuff!?

Sweet.

500 fans or so?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Wise and Partially Handsome Member Jarardo's Avatar

MOST AWESOME THING EVER!!!!

WOOHOOO!

Great Job guys, WoohoO!

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

www.EuropaBarbarorum.com

I'm tempted to DL it on torrent so I can turn around and help you guys with the speed . (I dl'd the filefront version after school on thursday ...)

Join the Army: A Pontic AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96984
    ...uh coptic mother****er:A Makuria Comedy AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...93#post1814493

EBII Mapper and Animator Member -Praetor-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russia almighty
    I'm tempted to DL it on torrent so I can turn around and help you guys with the speed .
    Please do!

Bruadair a'Bruaisan Member cmacq's Avatar
    Where on this beige, brown, and olive-drab everything will stick, sting, bite, and/or eat you; most rickety-tick.

As you may know I’m somewhat new to EB. Downloaded it late last month. I must say overall, EB is a vast improvement over TW-R. You’ve fixed all of the major inherent TW-R problems. Now, am I to understand that today, October12th, marks the introduction of a new (as I've read much improved) EB version? I’ve reviewed the changes and they're extremely well thought out. Great would be an understatement as I plan to download it soon.

Yet, I’ve two small additional questions?

(1) By the 4th BC sea movement within a 90 day period easily reached anywhere in the Mediterranean. In fact, this appears to be the sailing time for Greek merchantmen departing southern France for southwest Britain (please see Pytheas’ "Peri Tou Okeanou" [Latin font]). Also it seems that certain types of sea craft preformed well, as far as range was concerned, in one realm but not in others. Has the EB design team considered increasing the per-turn range of some types of naval units?

(2) I see you addressed a Swabian Military Reform and its association with the Cimbri/Teutons. As you may know one of the most significant events between the 2nd Punic War and the Civil Wars of the 1st century was the sudden appearance of Cimberi/Teutons late in the 2nd century on the north Euro. frontier. Because of the nature of their early history (Keltic capture of Rome, Hannibal’s Kelts, and reconquest of the north Italian Kelts) this event scared the holy be-Jesus out of the Romans (ie. terror cimbricus).

Forced by the devastation of their homeland due to one or more North Sea quakes and associated tsunami (see Strabo), the Cimberi/Teutoni invasion was finally halted by Marius in southern France and later northern Italy (yes Sulla is given credit here). This Cimberi/Teutoni invasion of more than a half million people resulted in the direct ruin of the northern Iberian, Gallic, and Boii (Kelto-germanic confederation) economies and politics; opened the door for Swabian dominance in Germany (and forced the mid 1st century Usipeti/Tencterian invasion of 450,000 people) and later attempted expansion in Gaul, and the outright destruction of several very large Roman armies.

Their final defeat also catapulted the career of Marius into the upper troposphere (helped Sulla as well), and flooded the Italian markets with many hundreds of thousands of slaves, which in turn contributed to the early 1st century Italian slave revolts and all that associated with the increased status of the Roman rich (cheap labor, lower costs, richer, bigger estates, fewer small farms, more landless young Latin men; better trained and larger permanent armies) and accelerated the end of the Republic. If Marius was not as capable as he was, Rome may never have become a world-class empire?

This event may be similar to the hordes demonstrated in TW-BI. I see you have inserted a simar change called the Yuezhi Invasion. Has the EB design team considered including the sudden appearance of a Cimberi/Teutoni or so-named Eleutheroi horde in Denmark sometime in the late 2nd century?

If EB team has already considered a naval movement change and a Cimbric Event please disregard.
    Last edited by cmacq; 10-13-2007 at 07:00.
    quae res et cibi genere et cotidiana exercitatione et libertate vitae

Herein events and rations daily birth the labors of freedom.

cmacq, you should probably make that post in a new thread, so that it does not get flooded and forgotten.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by cmacq
    (1) By the 4th BC sea movement within a 90 day period easily reached anywhere in the Mediterranean. In fact, this appears to be the sailing time for Greek merchantmen departing southern France for southwest Britain (please see Pytheas’ "Peri Tou Okeanou" [Latin font]). Also it seems that certain types of sea craft preformed well, as far as range was concerned, in one realm but not in others. Has the EB design team considered increasing the per-turn range of some types of naval units?
    I'm not sure, but I think movement allowances are somewhat abstracted in EB. Like, land armies don't travel what they would likely be capable of in 3 months, and neither do naval forces.

Besides, a fleet might find slower going than an individual ship for other reasons. Just like an army on land moves slower than a single man would, due to supply issues etc.
    Veni
    Vidi
    Velcro

Bruadair a'Bruaisan Member cmacq's Avatar
    Where on this beige, brown, and olive-drab everything will stick, sting, bite, and/or eat you; most rickety-tick.

Bovi, thanks for the good advice, I think I'll do that.
    quae res et cibi genere et cotidiana exercitatione et libertate vitae

Herein events and rations daily birth the labors of freedom.

Originally Posted by Kahju
    *dies*

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pezhetairoi
    I'm not going to sleep anymore.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Basileos ton Ellenon
    Great Gods!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Waldinger
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SSJVegetaTrunks
    my computer can't handle it >_<.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by madmatg
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAaa
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa aa

Quote:
    Originally Posted by overweightninja
    I'm never going to get my degree

Quote:
    Originally Posted by skuzzy
    My brain is having difficulty

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wonderland
    What happens now? WHAT HAPPENS NOW!?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Celt
    De-de-de-dee-dee de-de-de-dee dum-de-dum de-de-dum dum
    DUM de-de-de-de-DUM_DUM_DUM! DUM-de-de-de-dee DUM_DUM_DUM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MiniMe
    Bad news

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bootsiuv
    Please shoot me.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Azazel
    you just ended my social life

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fallen851
    You ruined my life.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pezhetairoi
    starve and get demoralised

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EasternScourge
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by abou
    Bad things happen... very bad things.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_John
    the vast sadness is like sweet AMBROSIA to my malevolent lustings!
    My divorce lawyer sez...oh thank you EB devs, you will make me rich, and my 5 kids appreciate their shiny new PhDs

Default AW: EB v1.0 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Krusader
    Allied Province Rulers (aka "Puppet Rulers", aka "Gov4 Rulers"):
    For all factions in the game, a type4 government is essentially that of a conquered allied state who has ceded a large degree of autonomy to your faction. But in most respects they feel and act just like any other province in your empire. But now, when you conquer a territory and build a type4 government, an allied or "puppet" ruler will be spawned and will enter the city. He will have a local bodyguard and will have no mobility - he is to remain inside the city. As this is an allied territory, placing your own characters in the city will be taken as a sign of further aggression by the local populace and there may be riots. It is up to you whether or not you will control the city at that point or put it on automanage and let it tend to its own affairs. Keeping local troops stationed there is advisable, and having the city, your "ally", supply your army with their native troops would also be a logical result of the arrangement.
    With Sw&#234;boz I didn't get a client ruler, when I build a Type4-Government...
    Is this normal? (It was in the Sw&#234;boz capital btw)
    EDIT: Uhm, just forgot to activate the campaign script xD
    --> Problem solved
    Last edited by LotW89; 10-13-2007 at 10:29.

Wow. Sweet :D

But damn! Installed v0.82 only a few weeks ago and played only 30 years in-game time and now i find out that there is already a new version out there and i can start my campaing anew :D

I downloaded from filefront, but 94% (about 6 hours) of the way through a message popped up that shut down the download.

I hope the other links work.
    It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
    Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-Sir Winston Churchill
    ΔΟΣ ΜΟΙ ΠΑ ΣΤΩ ΚΑΙ ΤΑΝ ΓΑΝ ΚΙΝΑΣΩ--Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth.-Archimedes on his work with levers
    Click here for my Phalanx/Aquilifer mod

SO what exactly do yoou do if you have v.8? i tried opening it which made me resort to selecting save to desktop but it just doesnt work:(
    Ultimate Excellence Lies

Not In Winning

Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy

Without Ever Fighting

Professional Lurker Member Bava's Avatar
    Somewhere with a cold Augustiner in my hands

Default AW: EB v1.0 Released

Been away for a few days due that work thingie and what do i find when i come back? EB 1.0!

Its amazing to see how much progress has been made since the 0.7x days (just fired up the old version a few days ago) and I can only imagine how many personal sacrifies you guys had to make for this.

Thank you very much!

(or in bavarian: Mercä, sog i da )
    "Well, whenever I'm confused, I just check my underwear. It holds the answer to all the important questions." - Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TWFanatic
    I downloaded from filefront, but 94% (about 6 hours) of the way through a message popped up that shut down the download.

I hope the other links work.
    That message "Connection Timed out" means that you lost connection with the WWW; hence it's a tech issue on your end. Has nothing whatsoever to do with working/broken links. You could try DL with Firefox which has a download manager (mind you not every mirror site is overly keen on them) and is therefore capable of pausing/resuming download on crashes etc.

You could also try to repair your file by downloading the rest through torrent -though it may not work after all. Finally, you could check the guid Sassem wrote in the Bugs & Support section.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Megas Alexandros's heir Member Spoofa's Avatar

wasn't Makedonia suppose to get Klerouchoi Phalangitai?

If they are avalible can you tell me how to get them? and where

WOWOWOWOWOWWWWWW
    I can't believe it:
    It came out on October 12th, my mother's birthday and the day Christoforo Colombo discovered America!
    Amazing!
    What a Cosmic coincidence!
    I am definitely going to make a donation!
    (C'mon, guys, who of us wasn't happy about that Crazy Uncle Lenny's Little Extra Allowance ?)))) These guys of EB have put an amazing amount of work and love and time into this mind-blowing experience offered to us history-buffs for free...

(Being an author myself I recognize the tenacity one must have to undergo the toils of creating such a piece of art exact, a struggle daily fought with thyself, and no-one there but thou and that funny little cricket on thy shoulder, enticing you to carry the load, and how beautiful history is, her awe inspiring, all-penetrating presence, and she will judged as perpetrators those who out of vanity simply ignore her battle-scarred beauty and wisdom...)

HAIL TO ROME!

(got a bit carried away...)

harrrempp...thank you very much, EB Team!
    Yet Brutus says he was ambitious, and Brutus is an honorable man

Thank you Delablake, thanks a lot.

Especially so, as you described the process exactly. Insomnia became a friend of mine and many other EB members' while working on vol. 1

You like EB? Buy CA games.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofa
    wasn't Makedonia suppose to get Klerouchoi Phalangitai?

If they are avalible can you tell me how to get them? and where
    Thought I answered this already, but apparently not.

The Maks will get the Klerouchoi Phalangitai when they seize territories from Seleukids & Ptolemaioi in Asia & Africa. This is to represent the Antigonids seizing existing military settlements.
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"
    Shooting down abou's Seleukid ideas since 2007!

Megas Alexandros's heir Member Spoofa's Avatar

ah, sorry if you already did, lol I asked it a few times but never seemed to get an answer and didnt want to start my own thread over it so I just posted it where I thought someone from the EB team has the greatest chance of seeing it.

shit, i want to play this so bad, but i need to finish my rome campaign. my leader and his son need to meet up in spain. he's finishing off carthage in n.africa and the son is taking out the eleutheroi and the rest of carthage in spain. the other son (the cotta family, very very succesful) is awaiting ships to go take england. most of the ships are blocked by strong carhaginian navy. dammit.

What can i say.Thank you for hours off fun and pleasure. For me as for many people, you made Rome Total war a big part off mine and there live. Thank you for your persistence and devotion to this superb achievement.
    Things as they say can only go better, sometimes...

Ok, so now I have uploaded about 110 copies of EB, and yet the seeders/leechers ratio is still 1. Shame on you, EB fans

Great release, can't wait to try it out.
    Last edited by Greenhand; 10-14-2007 at 18:32.

i haven been keeping up with EB since you guys started releasing it. you've outdone yourselves once again. colour me impressed. thanks for all the hard work you put into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhand
    Ok, so now I have uploaded about 110 copies of EB, and yet the seeders/leechers ratio is still 1. Shame on you, EB fans

Great release, can't wait to try it out.
    110?!

I want your internet connection. Good job though. By the way there seem to be about twice as many seeders as leechers most of the time.
    Veni
    Vidi
    Velcro

Awesome!!! I can get to RTW yet again...to spend many more hours on it. You guys officially rock (that's a direct quote from Cpt. Obvious )

A question though:
    Fixed reforms:
    Reforms for factions have been fixed. This includes a Carthaginian reform adding heavier units to their roster...
    When do those reforms come? I've jsut started a campaign as the Carths (just 'cause I love the unit skins) and I want that heavy infantry pronto
    Last edited by Mister V; 10-14-2007 at 22:28.

Yay!

I got it working and so far have tried 3 campaigns, saka(which i played on easy and still find 'nigh impossible'), epeiros, and Lusitana, which is brilliant. Love the new indian units!
    Ultimate Excellence Lies

Not In Winning

Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy

Without Ever Fighting

Just posting here to say thank you where a simple thank you is woefully inadequate!

Great job guys and looking forward to many many sleepless nights on 1.0

Thank God I'm already divorced or this would certainly have pushed it over the edge

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast