Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: EB v1.0 Released

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Default Re: EB v1.0 Released

I've been playing at least four hours a day since release and I've just realised that I haven't had a single CTD. Well done guys.

Thank you EB team for dedication and endless hours spent in making this beautifull mod.

I was great fan of TW series, but vanilla RTW lost me after a few hours. However EB managed to awake interest in anciet period in my till this time horse and musket orientated mind.

Now to my Aedui campaign.

Wow just returned and found this wonderfull surprise big thx to all eb members who helped get this out, one small fly in my soup is that my cd1 is scratched beyond use, will installing over .81 work at all or am i going to have to order a new copy (live in middle of nowhere :O )

Downgradez :( Member Iskander 3.1's Avatar

Hello all! I was wondering if the load times for this have improved over v0.81? It would take forever for that to load on my computer which is why I have been stuck with playing Rome: Total Realism all summer. My computer is a AMD dual-core rated at 3.33 GHz.
    Strikeout!

fancy assault unit Member blank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Divie
    Wow just returned and found this wonderfull surprise big thx to all eb members who helped get this out, one small fly in my soup is that my cd1 is scratched beyond use, will installing over .81 work at all or am i going to have to order a new copy (live in middle of nowhere :O )
    I'm afraid you need a working disc to play it
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    Now I can even store my dick in EB underwear

This happens to be one of the most beautiful mods I've played of any TW game. But I will say one thing, some of the factions are bloody hard to begin with and you have to be extremely aggressive from the start just to keep out of the red.

Quote Originally Posted by rsog2000
    Hello all! I was wondering if the load times for this have improved over v0.81? It would take forever for that to load on my computer which is why I have been stuck with playing Rome: Total Realism all summer. My computer is a AMD dual-core rated at 3.33 GHz.
    So far I find v1.0 to be slower, I had no problem with v0.81.
    Even though I find loading the game and the AI turns slow, EBv1.0 is certainly worth it.

There is a patch/file to download at the EB website that has the standard sky on the campaign map, instead of the new one with clouds in it. Installing the old one may well quicken things up.
    Last edited by Digby Tatham Warter; 10-19-2007 at 18:07.

Hmmm, I can't seem to find the file for the vanilla sky/clouds. I did find the one for the vanilla sea though.
    Strikeout!

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

What graphics card do you have and how much RAM?
    I have a similar CPU to yours with 1gb RAM and a Radeon X1300 pro and 0.81 absolutely flew for me, I never had any problems with loading times apart from when starting the game up. 1.0 is noticably slower, the AI turns can take a while, personally I don't mind but if 0.81 was slow on yours 1.0 would probably crawl.

Hmmm, I can't seem to find the file for the vanilla sky/clouds. I did find the one for the vanilla sea though.
    Sorry, that's the one, it's the clouds moving over the sea that confused me over the name.

I have a ATI xpress card that's integrated (I use a notebook). It's 256 MB but since it's integrated it's not as great as a desktop card. Although I recently got World in Conflict and that works just fine.
    I have 1.0 GHz of RAM and I use Windows Vista.
    Strikeout!

I have a ATI xpress card that's integrated
    Veni
    Vidi
    Velcro

Got 2/3rds of the ay through conquering the world with AS and now you release this....decisions, decisions. Thanks heaps guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura
    Yeah I know...but I haven't had any problems yet, and vanilla RTW and RTRPE work great with no load times at all. I was under the impression that clock speed would determine how long it took the game to load initially (i.e. from double-clicking on the desktop to when the game menu finally appears) but I guess not.

I'll be starting a campaign later tonight, we'll see how performance is on the battlefield.
    Strikeout!

Uneasy with Command Member Treverer's Avatar

Cool Re: EB v1.0 Released

... and I who thought EB 0.8x was a good game ...

THX, EB-team for your work.
    Towards the end of the book, the Moties quote an old story from Herodotus:

"Once there was a thief who was to be executed. As he was taken away he made a bargain with the king: In one year he would teach the king's favorite horse to sing hymns."
    "The other prisoners watched the thief singing to the horse and laughed. 'You will not succeed,' they told him. 'No one can.' To which the thief replied, 'I have a year, and who knows what will happen in that time. The king might die. The horse might die. I might die. And perhaps the horse will learn to sing.'"

WOW. This is worth waiting 15 minutes to start. There's no lag when entering battles or going back to the map, and the battles run just as smooth as vanilla RTW. I am incredibly impressed with the depth of this game. Thank you EB team!!!
    Strikeout!

I had to wait a week and a half to play it, because I was away from my own PC.

But it was sooo worth it. The Year in Histories are brilliant! And the start is so much more challenging. I actually lost a city (and poor Scipio Asina) to the rebels this time.

Hey, this EB is super-great! Now you're giving me a problem: what to play first--EB or M2TW Kingdoms or Battles of Asia. Eeny-meeny miney mo!
    "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." ~Salvor Hardin

Wow... Holy cow... It's been a while since I checked the EB sites and then I finally does I get news as this!!! I had expected a smaller update not a version that totally blow me out of the water.

Kudos to all of the hardworking members of EB. I can't imagine just how much work and time you all have spent on this project.

Great job!! I can't wait to play this one. Keep up the good work!
    I got a FREE Dell Inspiron Laptop!!
    You can too! Ask me how.

This winter will be so sweet, all new game realeses and now EB 1.0! I just had a nasty fight whit my entire family only to enter the forums to check for updates and there it was... shineing like a opend gold chest. Pure entertainment and happyness.

I just got 8.1v2 up and running few months ago, i never though mutch of this mod even after entering the website once, i guess i was fooled by the name barbarorum for awile becuse they never been my favorit factions. Although i decided to try the mod after i played total realism for some time i was totaly amazed, you guys turnd Rome Total War into something beyond my own imagenation of what i though it should have been like.

This is by far the best mod i ever layed my ayes on. Only wisht more people coud take part of this creation, moust of my friends thats also RTW fanatics was stuned when after a weeks naging on my part, got them to download the mod. However enough about that, i need to dig in to the hellenas faction and conquer europe once more.

Keep up the good work!

I have only just learned about the EB mod. I've never tried a mod, but I have "worn out" RTW and BI, having played many sides and find it hard to maintain interest in the games. The mod looks great, obviously. However, as I have only a dialup connection, downloading the 600mb file isn't realistic. Would anyone sell me a disc of the mod? Thanks.

The Galatian, AtB Member Member Admetos's Avatar

A disk?

Try the torrent download, that's much faster than a regular one.

Support Asia ton Barbaron, the Eastern Mod for EB, on The Guild and TWC.
    Former barman at the EB Tavern.
    My balloons:

Dialup isn't very good, but you can use it with torrent. It can resume the download at any time. However, you might be better off visiting a friend with broadband who can get it down for you faster, or try a library/internet cafe connection.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

So is there anyway to patch the new version over the old one, so you can continue an existing campaign, or do you have to start a whole new one?

Whole new one.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

One question.

Would the Saka get the building tree reforms like the Parthians if they are to conquer Bactria and India - simulating the establishment of the Indo-Saka kingdom?

And if not, why?
    Last edited by Slim_Ghost; 10-30-2007 at 16:07.

Wow, the game has never stood as tall as it does now. Thanks for everything, EB Team!

Quote Originally Posted by Slim_Ghost
    One question.

Would the Saka get the building tree reforms like the Parthians if they are to conquer Bactria and India - simulating the establishment of the Indo-Saka kingdom?

And if not, why?
    Not now, it is a WIP. This is the direction they are headed however.

You like EB? Buy CA games.

Didn't know what I was going to do for the weekend, now I do.
    Absolutely incredible dedication guys! I admire your skill and this fantastic piece of eye candy
    Last edited by Perturabo; 11-02-2007 at 10:04.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast