Thread: The EB II Help Required Thread

Default Re: The EB II Help Required Thread

Wow, that's AMAZING!
    This space intentionally left blank.

Yeah wow realy nice skins....

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

I want to emphasize the need for Modelers and Skinners, EBII aims to accomplish more than what EB accomplished for RTW but for that we do need as many artists to work on the huge number of units and pieces of equipment we have documented and concepted. EB is supposed to be very popular yet not many people apply to join if you want to see EBII arrive sooner and also contribute to its development please apply to join, you don't have to be an expert but you have to be willing to learn and better yourself.

wish I could help.. best of luck!

hey EB guys, Hax directed me here, and as i mentioned, i'd like to help you lads out. problem is i dont have any experience with...anything! i can draw, write, am open to learning and know quite a lot about history, so if any of you get a job involving any of that ill take it off ya shoulders. cheers
    Brothers in Arms- A Legionaries AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...86#post1853386

I'd like to speed up anything I could be of assistance with as well.

I might be of use as a scripter despite having no experience scripting TW games; I am in school (JAVA programming at the moment, C++ next semester) and have self-taught myself Python which should give me a good foundation if I need to pick something up quickly.

I am also an avid history nut and I am not shy at researching something.

If you have any vacancies I could put forward 6-7 hours on the weekend until I get my April break and then my time would open up more.

Quote Originally Posted by Uhsheen
    I'd like to speed up anything I could be of assistance with as well.

I might be of use as a scripter despite having no experience scripting TW games; I am in school (JAVA programming at the moment, C++ next semester) and have self-taught myself Python which should give me a good foundation if I need to pick something up quickly.

I am also an avid history nut and I am not shy at researching something.

If you have any vacancies I could put forward 6-7 hours on the weekend until I get my April break and then my time would open up more.
    Thank you for your offer the thing is at the moment we're in the concepting stages involving the script and looking for better ways to port it. If you're still interested in a few (3-4, maybe more) months you can post here again a short remainder or if the need arises sooner we'll contact you. In the meantime you could try and familiarize yourself with the syntax of M2TW scripting. Like I said if you're still interested down the road we'll most likely need good scripters.

EDIT: On second thought, there might be something, check your PM box the following days. If something happens I'll let you know by PM, if not the offer in the initial post still stands.
    Last edited by Redmeth; 02-02-2008 at 19:36.

Alright, will do, thank you.

If you do need any help researching and/or writing I am available (especially for Romanii or Casse ).

PM Sent, Uhsheen

Thank you RedMeth, I've received it and will PM you if I encounter any stumbling blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Long lost Caesar
    problem is i dont have any experience with...anything!
    This is indeed a problem, we are not very keen for unskilled labor. I suggest you simply try to do something you'd like to do for EB. Make a set of cool traits, go through some of our not-so-well-proofread bits of text, make a new take on balancing, create something unique such as Arkatreides' unit cards or JMRC's building trees. We may take notice and accept you into the fold, or you could point your work out for us.

Personally I entered with little to no RTW experience (but with technical background), by tinkering to find causes for CTDs (most notable the reinforcement one), and have since been a jack-of-no-trade doing all sorts of things in addition to my main task of increasing stability.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

EB Concept Artist Member fenix3279's Avatar

I am a 2nd year (sophmore) NOSSI art college stundent. Basically, I'm an "professional-illustrator-in-training."

I've always had a knack for doodling anything warfare related so I could be of help in that department.
    My balloon collection

That which does not kill me makes me stronger ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

When you smoke the herb, it reveals to yourself ~ Bob Marley

I'll try to find some random drawings to show what I can do. Keep in mind, most of these are just doodles I did while "listening" to lectures. Granted, I only had about 30 minutes to do them so, they might look a little rough. I could only find one for now but I'll post more if I need to.

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/h...rent=EB001.jpg
    My balloon collection

Did it work? You should be seeing a bust of Vercingetorix but my computer is being weird today and it won't load it.
    My balloon collection

Yes it works, very nice... Check your PM box the following days.

Hi, I don't know how far the mod is along, but I started playing MTW2 and am a big fan of EB.

I'm a .net developer and i'd like to help out in some way, probably scripting. I have zero exp at modding (apart from meddling with stats)but i'll learn it no probs. I've been hoping for a Classical era mod for MTW2 sinec its release.

If you guys have work to give out then let me know
    * Never take an eejit with you on a journey. You can always pick one up when you get there.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

I see there is a shortage-anyone want help? teach me, and I do.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

i can proofread, if you want help with mundane things...editing and such

i have no experience in modding or programming, but i can do historical research that needs to be done.

pm me if you would like
    And when the brazen cry of achilles
    Was heard among the trojans, all their hearts
    Were troubled, and the full-maned horses whirled
    The chariots backward, knowing griefs at hand...

Canton NY, where there are more cows than people.

My name is Joseph and I am a Fine Arts Major at St Lawrence University. Right now I am specializing in photoshop and generating life like skins and textures. The only tools I have for modding are 3DSFX, and Photoshop CS3, and the rest of the creative suite. I would be more than happy to help with skinning in the mod, If you are interested please send me an email at jppoma06@stlawu.edu. I also have spent time coding though in the MOO language.

I speak some languages. Could you need help in translating matters?
    Yet Brutus says he was ambitious, and Brutus is an honorable man

I'd really love to help with this mod, but i can only offer some concept art, not sure if u need it. anyway here is a link to my work,well, not link 'couse the foroum does not let me becouse this is my first post
    During the surrender, the french general,Dupont said:
    ''I give you this sword, winner in one hundred battles''
    and the spanish general,Castaños answered:
    ''well, this is my first''
    Battle of Baylén

well, here is the link:
    http://silvercolum.deviantart.com/
    Battle of Baylén

LOL sorry for spamming,the other link is ok but here is the DIRECT link :
    http://silvercolum.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Battle of Baylén

Quote Originally Posted by delablake
    I speak some languages. Could you need help in translating matters?
    There is a group of people translating EB to German, although we do not control any such efforts. You'll probably be better off seeking out others speaking the language in question who are interested in collaborating.
    Last edited by bovi; 04-04-2008 at 23:10.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Thumbs up Re: The EB II Help Required Thread

I posted this on TWC : still looking for help? Click my sig and tell me if it displays good abilities and if you're interested. Just note I'm mostly aiming at helping with skins, I've never moddeled for M2TW, neither do I have Milkshape... I guess I could get it at some point if the dire need arises, then it'll just be adapting skills. And I don't have kingdoms right now...

With my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground

Well, I don't have any modding experience, and I don't have M2TW, but I noticed from playing EB that alot of the "This year in History" and other text sections have minor grammatical and spelling errors, which, as far as I know, arise from having such an international team and such a vast job. I would like to help editing these text sections so that they look better. This way, other, more talented members of the team can concentrate on other areas.

Disclaimer: if there are any errors in my posts, don't jump on me because this is only the forum and not the actual editing.

Please let me know if you would like me to do this.

Chairman
    My balloons -

I am interested in assisting the mod team with help. I do not have any skinning or art experience to speak of but I could help with historical research and writing script, or beta testing of all which, save the historical research, I have little experience. Beyond that I have a small amount of experience modding unit and building text for RTW.

I have been an avid fan of the TW serious since STW came out and in my opinion every other strategy game since pales in comparrison to TW.

I have the MTW2 gold package which includes the kingdoms expansion. I also have a lot of free time on my hands. I lost my RTW cd #1 but a copy is in the mail. It should arrive by Tuesday at the latest. And I'm sure I will promptly start to crack on EB. Let me know if I can do anything to help this mod.

Member Member Felix Constantus Alexander's Avatar

hello,

I have dabbled with animation in the past and I am willing to help out, I can learn on the fly.

I can also help with traits, I have experience with the RTW text files and know how to modify them, so jumping to MTW, should not be a problem for me.

I'm a self-starter and a perfectionist, so with guidance and a little patience I can do what I can for EBII.

let me know how I can help

I can help with any scripting needs. I was a database and interface programmer for 6 years. Languages included xBase, C++, xml, VB, Java and Pearl. I recently dissected the EBBS_SCRIPT.TXT from EB 1.0 and am very familiar with its scripting language. The only thing I don't know is how much the scripting language has changed for M2TW, but that is a minor issue.

I'm fairly decent at the traits file and would be willing to help out in that arena. I understand the concepts of it all but have never done any actual modding of the file, but am very willing to learn it all. I have plenty of free time and am very willing to learn and or help out.

Also, I'm trying to learn some modelling/texturing but am not very good at that yet. So if you need help especially with the traits system still, would be very willing to help.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast