Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The EB II Help Required Thread

Distille pas que du doute... Member Martelus Flavius's Avatar

Default Re: The EB II Help Required Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KingPercival View Post
    Could help with skinning, I've done some skinning for Sturmovik using photoshop, but never for rome nor medieval but I've lots of free time and I will be glad to be part of your team. I was cheking out the link with the tutorials for skinning here and I can go from there, just let me know wich skin nobody its working on yet and ill do my best Send me a PM if needed .
    Do you have some skins uploaded on sites like mission4today? Or Flying legend? So we can have an idea!!!

Cohors Reformata Mini Mod for EB 1.1

Hello guys,

Like most of you I've been playing EB for quite some time and have really become acquainted with it. But after buying MTW II a couple of days ago I can see there is definitely some room for improvement for EBII.

I had been looking in the text files, the EBBS and the trait files especially, they are quite easy actually and I would like to offer my help as a traiter/scripter once I get the hang of the last one.

I don't have anything the show really as there is n't anything I would like to add to MTWII itself, or RTW for that matter, as most of it has already been done. I do have a random test mod folder in which I do some fooling now and then, but that's nothing interesting.

I also have a collection of books on the antiquities with more already on the way, my "expertise" if you can call it that lies with the Celts, but my knowledge is far inferior to what has already been accomplished in EB.

I hope you would like to consider my proposal,
    grwn
    grwn's Language Blog

"Your life is yours and yours alone - rise up and live it!" - Terry Goodkind

I Still Play Shogun Member ratbarf's Avatar

Well, I have havn't done anything in the last few months but I do have limited experience in modding both Rome and Med II. Mostly I have run through some of the basic modelling and skinning tutorials. I can add units to the game and such things as well as skins for small items such as anything extra you might need like sheilds, shoulder pads, Extra boots, or other such things.

"Most interesting moment while modding was when I forgot to rename a texture for my altered musketeers and they became pearly ghosts..."

I have a decent amount of free time, roughly four or so hours a night and plenty on the weekends. Oh one last thing, can't do faces for the life of me...
    "The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes" - Adolf Hitler

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
    Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe.

Not at all like my Avatar Member gamerdude873's Avatar

Post Re: The EB II Help Required Thread

Hi

I was interested in helping out a little. I have basic experience in most categories including some modeling in Blender (made a sword for TES4: Oblivion, which I haven't been able to find to share yet) skinning (Made my own texture for sword) and scripting (toyed around with a text based game engine). I love history and i'm hooked on EB, and can't wait for EB 2. Unfortunately the only experience I can lay claim to with RTW and MTW2 modding is modding the trait files a little. On the plus side, I understand most of the concepts of scripting and can figure it out with enough direction. I wasn't the world's best modeler, but i can do it, and from the looks of things, you guys need any one you can get right now. I don't have a ton of time on my hands between school (i go to a college prep school an hour away) and homework, but i have more free time on the weekends.

I summation, my resume

+ light, all around experience, able to learn quickly, wants to play EB2 badly

- not a whole lota time, not enough experience with modding the actual game your working with

I don't mind if you don't wanna take me on, but PM me either way.
    Suppose you were an idiot. Suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain

I may be drunk Miss, but you're ugly. In the morning I'll be sober, and you'll still be ugly. -Winston Churchill

Well i'm a pretty good historian,especially when regarding eastern factions the greeks and romans.of course i could do research on any other faction but those are the ones i now most about (pahlava is my favourite) id also love to help with anything else

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

I´m a big EB fan for years now and i would really like to help making EBII.
    What i like the most about EB is the historical content like the year in history a.s.o.. I really love the loadscreens with the coins and the artworks. Here is what i think what i can do. Two of my hobbies are photography and ancient history. I have visited many museums, excavations and sights throughout Europe to shoot photos. Thats why i have thousands of digital pictures from exhibits from the relevant era. If somebody can explain me how to include them into the loadscreens (with a description, age determination and the museum where you can see it) i would be able to create hundreds of unique screens. Don´t misunderstand. Your screens are really great work. I just want more because i love them that much ( i know that it is kind of strange to love a loadscreen ). Even if you don`t like my idea i would appreciate if someone explains me how to do it because i would do the work just to have it in my own game.
    I hope i was able to make me understood although my Latin and ancient Greek is much better then my English.

Ok. Very Interested. Can you show us a sample of your work?

(Anything that has Ancient+Museum+Pics in it makes my attention hit red)

-Any kind of museum picture that depicts a weapon/cuirass/fighting scene in the time frame of EB, we are interested in.
    Last edited by keravnos; 09-28-2008 at 15:43.

You like EB? Buy CA games.

First of all thank you for answering.
    What do you mean with a sample of my work? Do you want to see some photos because i have no complete EB loadscreens right now? What would you like to see and why only weapons?
    When i`m back home on friday i will post some of my photos (i would like to start with the reconstruction of the famous Altar of Pergamon build around 150 BC as shown in the Pergamonmuseum in Berlin).

That would be EXCELLENT!
    Last edited by keravnos; 09-28-2008 at 21:57.

You like EB? Buy CA games.

Hello EB members and fans! I am one of the thousands of (previously) silent fans of this mod. Long time reader, first time register...er? Anyways...

I don't have very much free time, but most of what little free time I do have is spent enjoying EB or these forums. I'd be more than willing to pour some of that free time into actually helping create EB!

Anyways, here's what I can do:

1) Research

I was once the leader of an ill-fated Doom 3 mod called "Sapphire Scar". I started as the technical advisor for the harder sci-fi stuff. From there, I went into concept drawing for some weapons and vehicles. Then to managing a design document. Then to leadership.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    It was a hard sci-fi mod. In spirit, it had some similarities to EB (wanting to get replace arcani spiders-with-upside-down-dog's-heads with units that aren't laughably ridiculous bio-engineered super-troops, and whatnot). Our intended goal would have been something between Bioshock and Mass Effect. The mod failed, but I still learned a lot. Google still brings up a few old hits.

Also, I currently live in Mainland China, so I could probably track down some uni friends who have access to primary or secondary sources on some of the eastern factions from a Chinese perspective. Although I'm not sure how much this is needed; everything in EB seems so well-researched already, and the EB II setting is the same as for EB I AFAIK.

2) Concept Art

As I mentionned above, I did some concept art for Sapphire Scar. Sadly, it's all on a portable disk back in Canada but I was in a drawing mood yesterday, so I whipped up this pencil-and-marker drawing of a Gaesatae captain (or whatever the Gaesatae unit leader would be called).

He's foregone a helmet for the wild look of haphazard lime-whitened hair spikes, and he was hit by some arrows during the pre-battle boasting, so he had to discard his shield. As he's older, in his late twenties perhaps, he's had some tattoos (three dots, à-la Ötzi the Iceman) placed over his knees and shoulders to ward off arthritis. Also, he has a celtic spiral over his "breath", and a caduceus-like twin snake (a La Tène phallic symbol apparently) tattoo carrying the breath down to his loins. I'm not sure how historical these tattoos are for the Gaesatae, but I was just having fun at this point. One could also argue that he's been a mercenary for a while and, as such, has become something of an individualist.

EDIT: Grrr... apparently I can't include a URL in my first-ever post. I'll post the image right after this.

I'm familiar with pencil, marker, acrylics, and GIMP/PhotoShop/Inkscape.

3) Modeling and Animation

Again, Sapphire Scar. I did some weapon modeling for SScar in Blender. I noticed another user here with Blender -- I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm no expert, but given enough time I can crank out some nice, poly-efficient stuff. I'll see what I can dredge up, or perhaps model anew.

4) Proof-reading and translation

As a French-Canadian, I am fluent in both English and French, and would be willing to proof-read one and translate into the other (I'll leave you to guess which).

Let me know if any of this appeals to the EB team. As I mentionned, I don't have terribly much free time, but I'm willing to chip away at whatever I can. If not, please accept the drawing as a token of the inspiration EB has given me to revisit my appreciation of history!

-Glee
    Sheer musical genius: Gould on Mozart

Balloons: ("Welcome to EB" from T.A.)

I did not forget to post the photos but i was unable to do it because of a death in the family. Please give me some time and i will show some of my work.

Hey,

The poor AI of M2:TW has always annoyed me, and R:TW EB was something I loved. Now I can do a fair bit of scripting, and I would like to have a shot at modifying the AI, both for the campaign and the battlefield abit. Now I have to admit I do not know anything about modding in M2:TW, but I am a fast learner.

If anyone could point me to some tutorials on how to pry open M2:TW, I'd greatly appriciate that. And maybe, in time I can build a decent AI for you guys to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankhenaton View Post
    I did not forget to post the photos but i was unable to do it because of a death in the family. Please give me some time and i will show some of my work.
    That sucks :( Many condolences, Akhenaton.
    Sheer musical genius: Gould on Mozart

Balloons: ("Welcome to EB" from T.A.)

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: The EB II Help Required Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TLT View Post
    If anyone could point me to some tutorials on how to pry open M2:TW, I'd greatly appriciate that. And maybe, in time I can build a decent AI for you guys to use.
    Have a look at the tutorials in the .Org and TWC modding forums. Don't get your hopes up, though. Most aspects of the A.I. will be hardcoded.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

I don't have any experience with games but I may be useful if you need c or c++ coders. I have experience with machine vision technologies and algorithms which may translate directly into AI. I also have vast amounts of experience with code optimization to make algorithms run as fast as possible using as few resources as possible.

Here are some samples of my work:
    I designed the FPGA and embedded c-code that allows evicam to route 4 NTSC cameras and gps data through a simple MIPS2 processor and MPEG encoder without losing frames.

I designed the embedded c-code that allows ChemID to pick individual peaks from a complex hydro-carbon chromatograph and then match chemicals to a library of known chemicals.

I designed the c and c++ algorithms for ProDerm that pick features (pores, wrinkles, discoloration and texture) and then draw them on images. I also designed the FPGA for ProDerm.

The webhost will not let me post URLs.

I am pretty busy but could donate a few hours a week. I am interested in making EB run faster and more efficiently. I could also probably provide some unique and fast algorithm ideas for the AI.

Quote Originally Posted by soxmax View Post
    I don't have any experience with games but I may be useful if you need c or c++ coders. I have experience with machine vision technologies and algorithms which may translate directly into AI. I also have vast amounts of experience with code optimization to make algorithms run as fast as possible using as few resources as possible.

Here are some samples of my work:
    I designed the FPGA and embedded c-code that allows evicam to route 4 NTSC cameras and gps data through a simple MIPS2 processor and MPEG encoder without losing frames.

I designed the embedded c-code that allows ChemID to pick individual peaks from a complex hydro-carbon chromatograph and then match chemicals to a library of known chemicals.

I designed the c and c++ algorithms for ProDerm that pick features (pores, wrinkles, discoloration and texture) and then draw them on images. I also designed the FPGA for ProDerm.

The webhost will not let me post URLs.
    Apart from C and C++ what other languages do you know/have a basic knowledge of?

I am pretty busy but could donate a few hours a week. I am interested in making EB run faster and more efficiently. I could also probably provide some unique and fast algorithm ideas for the AI.
    Interesting, but sadly out of the scope of a mod -- since the AI routines are part of the 'core', the executable. All we can do is experiment with the parameters the people at CA have implemented by non-binary files.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

EB Historian/Artist Member Intrepid Adventurer's Avatar

Alright, after over a year of enjoying EB I decided it's time I offered some of my services. I'll let you guys decide if you'd like to take advantage of them!

First off, I'm studying to be a full-time historian. I'm currently in my third year of my History major at Utrecht University in the Netherlands. Though I focus mainly on the Middle Ages, I have great interest in the EB period as well.
    What could I do for you? As a historian in training, I've learned how to research topics and present that information in a professional manner. If you're looking for additional researchers, please do contact me, regardless of the topic or faction.

Secondly, I have some skill with drawing and I would like good excuses to work on this some more. Some of my work can be seen here, here and here. Perhaps this could be combined with the first skill on my list? Researching and drawing units?

Finally, I tend to be very meticulous when it comes to the written words. I'd love to proof read whatever you throw at me.

Alright, I hope I can help you guys out. If not, no hard feelings!

Question Re: The EB II Help Required Thread

Still looking for new modelers and skinners? :)

I am an experienced wings 3d and PS user...

Actually I am a Mount&Blade modder :) As a reference:

A crowned mail coif model without texture it is an item for a M&B mod :)

I want to play this mod as quickly as possible so i want to help :)
    Forza 44!

Thumbs up Re: The EB II Help Required Thread

Casting aside modestly, I can write very well. Therefore, I could go over unit and building descriptions, or any such items, in order to correct the minor spelling errors that were noticeable in EB 1 in an effort to further glorify this mod. As for my own description, I'm in my first year at the University of Regina. I'm majoring in business administration, although there lies the possibility of achieving a major in history, as well. Currently, I'm aiming for a minor in history, but I continue to dwell on this thought.

EDIT: Heh heh, I see the Intrepid Adventurer has already offered his services. If you need an extra (albeit minor) hand, I'm here. If not, I'll still be an EB fan no matter what may occur.
    Last edited by Megas Methuselah; 12-02-2008 at 22:17.

I know there have already been a number of offers of proofreading help, but just in case you could still use more, I'm ready, willing and able. I'm also happy to help out with fact-checking and the like. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

I would like to volunteer to write descriptions for EB II. Here is an excerpt from my research paper I did for my high school English class so you can get an idea of what my writing is like.

Throughout the ages, mankind has grown and evolved to create the society we know today. The successes of our Stone Age ancestors laid the foundation for our entire species. Fire, Tool making, Religion, and Art can all trace their roots all the way back to the first humans, and have shaped our history ever since. But little is known about these early people. One crucial technology they didn’t posses was written language, which has given our species the ability to record our stories and the way we have lived. This is why our early ancestors are known as prehistoric people. To find out what life was like back then, we have to study their fossils and the evidence they have left behind.
    Evolution
    It is currently believed that the first humans evolved from primates in Africa 5-7 million years ago. The first hominid, which is a humanlike primate that can walk upright, evolved 4-6 million years ago. Even though there is only one human species today, evidence shows that in the past several species co-existed (Clark). The earliest hominid that has been discovered so far is Sahelanthropus tchadensis. It was discovered in the Djurab Desert in the nation of Chad. While some features of its skull resemble human features, others are more ape like. Other species of early hominids include Orrorin tugenensis, Ardipithecus ramidus, and Ardipithecus kadabba. All of these species appear to have human and ape characteristics, however little is actually know about their anatomy because there are few fossils and the ones we have discovered are incomplete. One group of hominids that is better understood is the australopithecines (Mann). One of the most famous hominid fossils, known as “Lucy”, is part of this genus (Clark). They appeared about 4 million years ago and became extinct about 2-1 million years ago. Their fossils have been found in many parts of Africa. The australopithecines probably resembled chimpanzees, but they walked upright. They ate fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, insects, and small animals (Mann).
    Our genus, known as Homo, began about 2-3 million years ago. What set them apart from earlier hominids was the ability to produce stone tools. These tools were used for scraping and cutting meat, wood, and bones. They were social animals and lived in groups of about 12-20, however we do not know if they possessed the ability to speak. They lived by gathering plants and hunting small animals (Clark). The Homo genus is divided into three species: habilis, rudolfensis, and erectus. It is believed that we evolved from Homo erectus (Mann). Homo erectus was the first species to migrate out of Africa. They learned how to control fire and may have had primitive language skills (Clark).
    Neanderthals evolved about 200,000 years ago. They were more advanced than Homo erectus; they made sophisticated tools and had social organizations. While they co-existed with modern humans there is not enough evidence to say that they interbred (Clark).
    Our species, Homo sapiens, evolved in Africa about 200,000 years ago (Gugliotta). They quickly spread across the globe to the Middle East, Asia, Europe and the Americas (Clark). They lacked the brow ridges and protruding faces of earlier humans and developed a chin. Over time their technology and social structure became more advanced than that of earlier peoples (Mann).
    Migration
    Sometime after 80,000 years ago, our ancestors began to migrate out of Africa. Scientists are not sure when or where the first migration took place. There are several factors that could have led to the migration however we do not know exactly why it took place (Gugliotta).
    About 80,000 years ago human technology began to vastly improve. Archaeologists have discovered jewelry, art work, and expertly crafted tools from this period. There is also evidence that our diet improved, and we started eating seafood. Some theorize that the advent of sea food gave us the nutrients necessary for highly developed brains and triggered a genetic mutation that made us smarter. Better technology and more sophisticated brains may have given us the ability to move to new lands (Gugliotta).
    A recent DNA study suggests that there were massive droughts that also could have led to the migration. The droughts would have split the population into small groups. Once the droughts were over the survivors would have reunited and left for better country. First they went to Asia and about 45,000 years ago they had settled Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and Australia. 40,000 years ago they settled Europe, and 15,000 years ago they crossed over to the Americas (Gugliotta).
    To study human migration, scientists have used mitochondrial DNA along with archaeological evidence. Mitochondrial DNA is only inherited from the mother and has a high mutation rate, which is what makes it good for studying. By inferring rates of mutation and comparing those with modern populations scientists can determine our ancestry. However if the inferred rates are wrong then the timetable could be off (Gugliotta).
    Scientists have found that our mitochondrial DNA all traces back to one woman, who is known as Eve. Eve lived about 200,000 years in Africa. Although she is known as Eve she was not the first woman that is talked about in the Bible. It is estimated that in her time the human population was only 10,000 people (Gugliotta).
    Art
    The appearance of art marks the beginnings of human culture. Not only is prehistoric art beautiful, it is the only record our prehistoric ancestors have left us. It shows us how we developed complex social systems, symbolism and abstract thought (Bednarik). Art first appeared during the Upper Paleolithic period. Our ancestors made carvings and engravings of animals and people on bone and ivory. They also made sculptures out of clay, ivory, and stone (Mann).
    The most famous prehistoric artworks are the cave paintings of Lascaux, Chauvet and Altamira. They are mostly of animals like deer, elk, bison, horses, and lions. People are rarely painted, and when they are they are crude and stick figure like, in stark contrast to the stunningly realistic animals. The primary colors used are red and black. Crushed hematite was used to create the red paint and charcoal was used to make the black (Judith). Researchers do not know the meanings of the cave paintings; however, they most likely had religious significance.

If I am accepted for the job I will need to be provided with the necessary information from the EB historians. Because of my location and the fact that I am still in high school I don't have access to very much research material.

EDIT:I would like to add that I am not limited to just building and unit descriptions, I can write whatever the team needs me to. I love EB and I have been playing since 0.74. History is one of my passions and that is what drew me to this mod. I think it would be great if i got the chance to contribute my writing skills to this awesome work.
    Last edited by Tuuvi; 01-05-2009 at 23:24.

I will also volunteer... Though not much of a specialized historian I have a rough knowledge of the period, plus a good domain of the English language. I can help spot inconsistencies and spelling errors and write descriptions according to the wishes of the EB team.

Edit - I can also do voice acting whenever it is needed for WIP voicemods, and maybe beta-testing.
    Last edited by A Terribly Harmful Name; 01-02-2009 at 23:59.

I register my interest as a model rigger and ideas man.

Here is an example rigging of a Spartan warrior (in M2TW animated pose),
    Last edited by Banzai!; 01-06-2009 at 07:11.
    OMG I haz a balloon,
    -awarded by chairman

I am an armature historian, I have a whole heap of books on Roman military history, Greek, Celtic and Scythian. I'd even love to do some illustrating for you. However I have no idea how to model figure and I only have an inkling on how M2TW's programming works.
    Was that your brother I killed, you all look alike to me.
    My Saka's shall run over you until our arrows are in your back, not even the great Selukid king could stand against us and now our great empire stretches from The great homelands to their precious Selukia.

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Ok time i volunteer. I'm a full-time Dutch History scholar (2nd year) focused on the Greco-Roman Times.If you need someone for discriptions or research for new or already in EB 1.2 existing factions I'd love to do it.

-Skullheadhq
    Last edited by Skullheadhq; 01-28-2009 at 16:02.
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

3D bulding modeler Member General Grievous's Avatar

Hi all!!

First of all, i really thank you for EB1, this is a very good mod.

I really want to help ypou by making some 3D models. I am sur that a lot of people want to make units, so i will happy to make some buldings.

I work as a Technical drawer, so i can make a lot of differents shapes. Unfortunatly, i have to learn more about skinnig and effects, but i'm on it! so if you are interested, say me! (if you want, you can tell me what bulding you want and i make it for you!)
    Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes.

I'd love to help in any way possible, EB is by far my favorite mod and I would try my best to get a release out faster, with EB quality... I don't have any particular talents, but I have PLENTY of time on my hands and am willing to learn whatever task you may need me for. I just downloaded PS today, maybe milkshapes soon?. Any use for a modding newbie like me?

I have some experience modding the EDU and EDB for M2TW... mostly just moving units to be more available in different buildings and tweaking some things i felt were imbalanced, but Im willing to help and learn.

Ps: I'm currently going through all the guides and tutorials, both for basic PS skill, and for modding units... I currently use the 30 day trial of CS4... Is GIMP a possibility to use for skinning?
    Last edited by mikil100; 02-05-2009 at 17:24.

I'm a beginner modeler/skinner, but still pretty good, am working currently on a progect to depict a spartan hoplite,i'll post a screen shot when it's done. Tell me if i may be in any way useful, i'm also available for depiction of ancylliaries and traits.
    Last edited by Cyrus; 02-09-2009 at 22:27.

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

Okay since no answer has come up i'll go ahead and post some of my work, i know it's not exactly EBish but it's what i'm starting with:
    and
    Last edited by Cyrus; 02-09-2009 at 23:48.

Well we are not doing that kind of stuff, you must show abilities in modeling/texturing soldiers, helmets, swords and so on but until you don't do and show something like that we can't say anything about you or consider joining us.

Also this is for all, if you haven't been given an answer here or by PM this, well... means no. However for some subjects, that we choose from here, we do discuss internaly for a couple of days(sometimes even weeks) if we should accept them so don't worry that your applications are ignored, they aren't, but do show example of your work if you wan't to join the graphic departement.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast