Thread: AAR for Sparta in HTW

Friend of Lady Luck Member Mooks's Avatar

Default AAR for Sparta in HTW

I would put a title for the AAR (After action report) But I cant think of one, so its empty for now.

I was thinking of why I find Total war games are missing something. And I found it out. Whenever I read books and stuff, there is much more depth. A city doest get conquered and stay subjective for the rest of its life, it has effects on the conquerer. There are coalitions, unions, trade, treaties, much much more then a little carboard game. Anyway, I was thinking to myself "I can recreate all of this".

So far iv played about 1 day of HTW. Im really really enjoying it. I can never finish a campaign because I always say to myself "I want to play that faction, no that faction!" I can never stay set because I always find something more interesting.

So heres the AAR. Im not going to roleplay Sparta, that would just get me frustrated and leave the entire campaign predictable. And Sparta is not a easy faction to roleplay if your mindset on life is almost the complete opposite of theirs.

What im going to roleplay is a advisor to the kings of sparta. The character of roleplaying, who the prototype name is "Seth" (The coincedence that seth is also the god of evil in the egyptian mythology is no coincidence). This last paragraph was made up on the spot, I might change it if I find something better.

Things to know -

Pro-classical age
    -Current King :King Lycogursis
    -Difficulty: Expert (Maybe super expert?)
    -Seth can only be at one place at a time, if he is not there advising the general then the general will play in the conventional greek style (no juicy tactics, basically roleplaying) , UNLESS the general has a really high command star rating.
    -I will roleplay the virtues/vices/stats to the best of my ability
    -For convineance the obligarchy will be destroyed for a monarchy.
    -I will be researching Sparta more and more. I havent read a book on sparta for at least 2 years.
    -I havent played this mod for too long, if I find out along the way that it doesnt work then I will end it.
    -I know 300 was a work of fiction, dont blame me if I use some pictures of the movie though.

Iv made a AAR before, for RTW. And it was pretty decent and everyone liked it. Hopefully this one will be pretty decent. Iv been playing Total war games since I was at least 11 years old. I consider myself a expert and im rarely beaten in a match.

NOTE:I would very very much like feedback on this, and input. I know that I should be doing this for myself and all that good jazz, but it would be much more satisfying to know that im giving a bored person a good read.
    Last edited by Mooks; 10-24-2007 at 01:53.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furunculus View Post
    i love the idea that angsty-teens can get so spazzed out by computer games that they try to rage-rape themselves with a remote.

Default Re: AAR for Sparta in HTW

Seth walked off the ship. A average height man. Fair skinned, muscular. Dark beady eyes that could make a man kill himself. He looked over his shoulder to the ship behind him, full of dark skinned men the size of goliath.
    "And dont come back" The captain barked and they set sail.
    A new land, a new future. Seth didnt know where to start. Maybe getting out of the rags that labeled him a foreigner?
    Seth saw his chance when he met a shepard living on the side of a mountain. He promptly started to chat with the man, but there was something wrong with him. He looked like every other greek, spoke greek. But he kept on looking at the ground and working, always working. Seth soon found out why, the man was a helot. A slave of Sparta.

Seth had heard of these people, they seemed like his type of people. Militaristic, simple minded, not too fancy, and evil as demons. Seth decided to meet this king of theirs. Seth had a way of exploiting people, getting his way. Speaking to the rest of the helots unveiled the fact that the king is very proud.

Getting into the king's circle was easy. Just compliment his every move and he trusted Seth like his brother.

The king named his cheif spartan military leaders the goverment officials of the 3 provinces. Even though the helot contigenants had better qualifications. The helots expect, and receive, nothing more and nothing less.
    i love the idea that angsty-teens can get so spazzed out by computer games that they try to rage-rape themselves with a remote.

Just realized there is a set destination for all AAR in this forum. Im goign to transfer all these posts there and start writing it there. Sorry for the spam.

What button is a screenshot for the TW series? Sorry, but I never bothered to ask.
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Wladyslaw IV
    What button is a screenshot for the TW series? Sorry, but I never bothered to ask.
    I downloaded fraps, a excellent program. Just google and you shall find.

I quit this AAR btw, it was a thing of the moment. I didnt think it was at the time.