Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: ALEXANDER EB

Arrow ALEXANDER EB

FINAL MOD

for any questions/support please feel free to e-mail me at: petrovicvladan9@gmail.com

2021 Files

https://mega.nz/#!sJBmDKTJ!-Mp83KyGx...BhZ7VB9vgceNZs

Key:

I SUGGEST http://www.7-zip.org/ FOR UNZIP

Run EAEM.lnk to launch - ADJUST THE TARGET LINE BEFORE LAUNCH

How to adjust the target line of your EB.exe - In Our Case EAEM.ink
    >Go to EB shortcut - left clck on the shortcut and chose properties - then - change the Target by copy-paste method

"<drive letter>:\<directory path you've installed RTW into>\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander
    "...\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander

I have been fan and developer of RTW since the start, this will be my final major update, anything after this would be tweaks.

Mods adjustment go far beyond any other.

STEAM INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Unpack the zip
    2. Go to your local install folder for the RTW Alexander Steam game - if you're not sure where this is then open Steam, go to Library, right-click Rome: Total War - Alexander, go to Properties > Local Files tab > Browse Local Files
    3. Backup the contents of this folder, just in case
    4. Select all of the files from the unpacked zip, and copy into the RTW-Alexander steam install folder, overwriting those currently there
    5. Go back into Steam, Library, right-click Rome: Total War - Alexander, go to Properties > General tab > Set Launch options
    6. Copy the following into the box: -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander and click OK

Play the game as normal

PLEASE POST UR HEROIC VICTORIES AND EMPIRES I WILL BE MAKING CUSTOM CHANGES FOR THE BEST!
    Last edited by Maksimus; 07-03-2021 at 23:10. Reason: FINAL!
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

Member thankful for this post:

Barely a levy Member overweightninja's Avatar

Default Re: The best AI for EB 1 is on Alex.exe!

Sounds good, I've been thinking about installing with Alex but I have to mess around making a second install first. A few questions:
    • Any stability problems?
    • Any faction progress information?
    • How far have you progressed in your campaign?
    • How's the diplomacy looking?

Cheers

Wink Re: The best AI for EB 1 is on Alex.exe!

Quote Originally Posted by overweightninja
    Sounds good, I've been thinking about installing with Alex but I have to mess around making a second install first. A few questions:
    • Any stability problems?
    • Any faction progress information?
    • How far have you progressed in your campaign?
    • How's the diplomacy looking?

Cheers
    You should try it by the list above! Still I will be updating this thread regulary begining from today with pictures of campaign and AI gamplay

Answers!

EB 1 on Alex.exe is the most stable of all *exe that for EB (that is RTW or BI). It has less studs than using RTW.exe or BI.exe, the easy fllow the AI goes with on lower-end demandings for your CPU.. And you don't need to wait 5 minutes for your Hard-drive to get back to life after you exit the game! I am sure SEGA had their work on AI making it less demanding and faster and at the same time - much smarter and stable!

I can say that progression is very nice.. I played two campaigns, but, I have tested the AI by playing about an hour 'clicking the end turn' with Casse! That is - until THE REBELS ATTACKED ME AND DESTROYED CASSE! - I think that is something that is not happening so often! Other factions are spreading and grouping theri forces before a siege (sou you can forget 4 units per siege on VH from AI on ALX.exe). For example - Pontos is spreading from the start to Sinop and to the North and Black Sea, Spain is half in hands of Lusitanians, Armenia is spreading and Baktria and Carthage... From the start! So with Alex.exe the whole EB balance is in probs.. We know that EB should be played in a certan way - but that is made due to RTW.exe engine - that is slow and 'ugly' compared to ALX.exe or BI even... so

I'll Post later
    Last edited by Maksimus; 01-27-2008 at 08:21.

Unfortunetly no Alexander.exe for me... nt even BI.exe, anyway, it is intersting, have you noticed any naval assaults activities???? Try playing a Carthaginian game and see the Romans behaviour... is it more agressive towards Sicily and the islands (Arse and Karali?)?
    From the markets of Lilibeo to the Sacred Band in the halls of Astarte, from those halls to the Senate of Safot Softin BiKarthadast as Lilibeo representative

I have a question; is Alexander.exe so good that the AI contemplates the meaning of life itself?

If not, is it really worth it?

Hey that all sounds just like my campaign!
    I'm playing the Casse with BI.exe - the AI has done just that - golly gumdrops Makibus you have found a winner!
    I say we congregate here tomorrow at 0600 hours and present him with a medal, I think he deserves some sort of reward for giving us gameplay where the Makedonian navy follows the fleader!

Even if that is the only new addition - 'tis surely an honest and worthy one!
    Last edited by PershsNhpios; 11-08-2007 at 03:23.

Red face Re: The best AI for EB 1 is on Alex.exe!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I have a question; is Alexander.exe so good that the AI contemplates the meaning of life itself?

If not, is it really worth it?

Hey that all sounds just like my campaign!
    I'm playing the Casse with BI.exe - the AI has done just that - golly gumdrops Makibus you have found a winner!
    I say we congregate here tomorrow at 0600 hours and present him with a medal, I think he deserves some sort of reward for giving us gameplay where the Makedonian navy follows the fleader!

Even if that is the only new addition - 'tis surely an honest and worthy one!
    Ok, I am just now making a coffe break.. And I must say I am amaized!!!
    And not just about AI! I am so amaized with my EB 1 stability and fast-fllow!

The campaign and battle game run MUCH, MUCH faster! they are stable.. I could svear that my vanilla RTW witho no patches runs just a bit sllower than this! Realy.. I had no CTDs at all by now and I play on VH and fight couple of battles per turn -- like, In my EB 1 based on RTW.exe I had to have atleast 1 CTD after some battle.. but it seems that ALEX.exe is moch mouch better then we all think!

Let's say.. I never played Alex vanilla, but I am sure that 90% of people here did not.. so they could not know what Alex is - it is many times better that RTW and Bi.. the stability and preformance....

For example... I have A high-end system ..Cor2Duo.. ASus8800gst 2 gigs of Geil ultar ram on 800- so I PLAY ON MAX settings all the time... AND you know what! - The first time I had NO STUDS or --sloows at all are now with Alex.exe
    Belive me..I palyed just today with my Rtw.exe and nothing changed on my PC since!

AND ABOUT DIPLOMACY! I belive that a good sign is - I took Pella and Demetrias in my first turn! You know .. with elephant on VH.. so then in my next turn I send a diplomat in
    Corintos to ask Ceasfire, Trade Rights, saying I will attack and I ask for 5000 minaiI! AND THEY SAID YES! - I think that is very good, in EB 1 based on RTW you could never get that aggrement even if they have only one city left!
    That is definetly better Diplomacy! ANd AGonatas sailed somwere!

must go now.. I am besidging Athens in 272 .. will be in touch
    Last edited by Maksimus; 12-25-2007 at 22:40.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Test more plz.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Can anyone else confirm this please?

Also, does Alex support the same formations BI does? (shield_wall, shieldtrom, swimming)

Quote Originally Posted by brymht
    Can anyone else confirm this please?

Also, does Alex support the same formations BI does? (shield_wall, shieldtrom, swimming)
    No i dont think it does.

will i be able to continue with my saved game?
    "I am the Flail of God. If you have not committed such sins would God have sent me to punish you?" -Genghis Khan

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Should be able to. At least you can on BI, so i'm 99.99% sure you can on alex.exe
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Ok, I will test more... but you know... I am in the middle of my campaign wit Epiros.. And I fight a lot so I am in 271 after the Battle of Rome...

I promise... I will test separatly with Casse during the day and will post here..
    It's just that I have to install my WinVista now .. so I will post later..

I will keep this thread open.. And some of you people could test also.. If he has Alex.. if not.. I will for all of you.. but later
    I will even upload my files that work so you can just copy-paste them.. or mybe I will make a setup for this.. But the point is for you to see the 'catch' because EB 1.1 is under way so.. you can use Alex.exe even after EB 1.1!
    Last edited by Maksimus; 12-25-2007 at 22:39.

Alex has been reported to be better on the diplomacy side with less backstabbing (ironically I must say as the game was shipped without diplomats) and some say with slightly better battlefield AI.
    I think I will try a shot as well provided I can recover my key...
    The best is yet to come.
    ZX MiniMod: Where MTW meets AOE
    https://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/ZxMod.exe
    Now on beta 3 with playable golden horde!

Terrible Turk Member Little Legioner's Avatar
    Somewhere in Balkans. Collecting younglings for the Janissary corps. Preparing the troops for upcoming war.

Pls upload Maksimus.

Finest goods and lowest prices in all Cyrodiil.

First report:
    with Alex it seems to be marginally faster, just started a Pontus campaign
    The best is yet to come.

does phalanxes still breaks apart when they attack another phalanx like in RTW?
    Last edited by Leviathan DarklyCute; 11-08-2007 at 13:39.

Loading is way faster indeed. I did not see much improvement over AI turn timing (75-80 sec vs. 90-95).
    But personally I'm not sure that CA broke nothing in Alexander We are all aware of literally breaking changes introduced by RTW patches.

Smile Re: The best AI for EB 1 is on Alex.exe!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Legioner
    Pls upload Maksimus.
    ok ok ok.. I will.. I just have to try my Vista on it and I will confirm that all is ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarax
    First report:
    with Alex it seems to be marginally faster, just started a Pontus campaign
    Very Nice! Did you follow instructions mentioned above? Just so you can confirm that it works so others would have clear ground on Alex.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamphet
    Loading is way faster indeed. I did not see much improvement over AI turn timing (75-80 sec vs. 90-95).
    But personally I'm not sure that CA broke nothing in Alexander We are all aware of literally breaking changes introduced by RTW patches.
    So we have two + me confirmed opinions on speed! Right? Just test some and post here so we have all at one place
    Last edited by Maksimus; 12-25-2007 at 22:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan DarklyCute
    does phalanxes still breaks apart when they attack another phalanx like in RTW?
    No, I am playing Epeiros and I had no such issues - I think that I have screenshots of one macedonian phalanx attacking mine when we fought in Demetrias.. Will post.. but I just don't have time now - sorry
    Last edited by Maksimus; 12-25-2007 at 22:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Maksimus
    ok ok ok.. I will.. I just have to try my Vista on it and I will confirm that all is ok

Very Nice! Did you follow instructions mentioned above? Just so you can confirm that it works so others would have clear ground on Alex.

So we have two + me confirmed opinions on speed! Right? Just test some and post here so we have all at one place
    Instructions worked fine, AI seems less backstabbish as well.
    The only gripe I have with Alex exe is that it doesn't support anything BI related, including hording.
    It's a shame because I was already thinking about Alex-XGM...
    The best is yet to come.

Barely a levy Member overweightninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Durian
    will i be able to continue with my saved game?
    I tried to reload a saved game from use with the BI.exe and got a CTD.
    Works fine with a new campaign.
    So no don't count on it :(

Post Re: The best AI for EB 1 is on Alex.exe!

Ok..
    Can anyone confirm that save-game will work from RTW.exe to Alex.exe?
    I would .. but I just got some unexpected probs on my h-drive
    so I have no save games... I will have to start over again
    Last edited by Maksimus; 12-10-2007 at 21:31.

hi I've got a roman one that's working fine on alex.exe I'm ownly early on in it though 250 bc or something

thanks Alex.exe modders

the feature when you double click a unit card on the battle field and camera promptly moves to the unit is broken in Alex. is it still so in your Alex EB campaigns?

It's partially broken, you need to not move the mouse while it zooms.
    The best is yet to come.

Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar

Is it really that much faster with the Alex.exe?
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s

CTD for my RTW save as well.

So I made a new campaign and the wait between turns is still ~90 seconds, just as it was without alex. The campaign map still lags to hell if I try to move it around with the arrow keys instead of mouse and all that good stuff.

I cannot comment on improved AI as all I care about is performance at this point since the lag jump from the last eb version to 1.0 is quite large for me.
    Last edited by Gask; 11-09-2007 at 20:18.

Quote Originally Posted by fallen851
    Is it really that much faster with the Alex.exe?
    It is.. Even If you have some average or low-end CPU and soft* system!

So.. I tought that om my old PC it realy does not matter - that is, EB on RTW.exe or on Alex.exe I tought It was the same. But, no - even on my Celeron/WinXP or on my C2Duo/64Vista EB on Alex wprks! - ofcourse it goes much faster on my new PC - just think of it.. Alex has much improvements you should check the official site and review of Alex.. much can be found there
    Last edited by Maksimus; 12-10-2007 at 21:30.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: The best AI for EB 1 is on Alex.exe!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax
    Instructions worked fine, AI seems less backstabbish as well.
    The only gripe I have with Alex exe is that it doesn't support anything BI related, including hording.
    How about the tactical and strategical A.I.? Are they doing better?
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

In my battles against Rome and Makedonia with Epeiros I could not have any resting place on battlefield.. do I use VH settings, but still, In my EB based on RTW.exe - there were often situations when AI would not move..
    So..you could just flank it and kill it with your archers - after a couple of those stupid AI responses I switch to Alex.. And I had no probs with that any more!

Anyway. We could all notice that sometimes on EB 1 RTW based game you would realy have to hope that AI would group his army and then go into conquest - now (with Alex) it is an essence! So even Seleucids are grouping their armies and march to Aegypt and vice versa .. I am going to post some pictures of it (eventualy)
    Last edited by Maksimus; 12-10-2007 at 21:26.

Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast