Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faction Thread 11: Dark Elves

Celto-Germanic Spearman Member Kuningaz's Avatar

Default Re: Faction Thread 11: Dark Elves

I really like the idea of doing the heir thing like the teutonic order and I really think that family members of some factions(namely: dark,high and wood elves, and lizardmen) should not die of age or at a very high age (dwarfes).

Btw I just discovered this mod and would like to know: How far are you yet?

Awesome Cold One Knight Member Goncalou's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: Faction Thread 11: Dark Elves

Hey, i have idea that characters from warhammer world in this mod should start out with the items they have, like malekith has his armour of midnight, his hand of khaine and his sword destroyer. plus i have ideas for what each of these can do, the armour adds plus 4-8 hitpoints, the hand and sword add atack, and then he should also have a bunch of traits that give him dread or something like that.
    It's a fool's race to be run, if all is lost if it be won.

Dark elves are so hot. And the Executioner-esque look suits them hot elves well....oh gosh I cant wait for this mod oh gosh....

I nearly shit myself when i saw the models in the soul storm demo...I just cant wait to see what you guys can pull off ...

Well,

Malekith and the Hag Queen should both be immortal really. Just cannot die of old age - ever. They both can have a negative effect on popoulation growth to represent the dark sorceries and sacrifices they use to stay young.

And surely if Malekith is killed the faction should be destroyed?

Anyway, sounds great - looking forward to seeing this finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambyses
    Well,

Malekith and the Hag Queen should both be immortal really. Just cannot die of old age - ever. They both can have a negative effect on popoulation growth to represent the dark sorceries and sacrifices they use to stay young.

And surely if Malekith is killed the faction should be destroyed?

Anyway, sounds great - looking forward to seeing this finished.
    If Malekith dies, the factio is elimiated. that would make it to easy to kill the team with assassims uless he had really low assassi attemt rate. so plus the everody would just go after him ad he'd die too quickly, like the the pope.

Well I think he should be almost impossible to assasinate (like +10 personal security or sth.)

I Still Play Shogun Member ratbarf's Avatar

Or you could maybe code something that all assasins within his (hopefully long) line of sight can be killed by DE assassins. Also make the DE assassins totally badass, seeing as how they are utterly ridiculous in the table top game...
    "The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes" - Adolf Hitler

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
    Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe.

Well here are some thoughts to summarize that stuff up (I hope u all agree):
    DE units:
    Spearmen
    Crossbowmen
    Corsairs (maybe recruited in towns with harbours?)
    Black riders (or whatever they're called in english^^)
    Witch warriors (no idea what they're called in english, really; should be recruited in temples)
    Shadows (something like battle assasins with crossbows?)
    Cold-one battle wain (hope that's correct in english^^)
    Cold-one knights
    Executoners (maybe only recruitable in Har Ganeth?)
    War Hydra (if possible)
    Black Guard (definitely only recruitable in Naggarond)
    Blood Bowl (or however that thing's called; should be a bit like those big italian crosses)
    That big spear-thrower (I really really have no idea how you call that in english)

Cities should be the 6 cities mentioned in the codex I agree with Underworld in that point. The watchtowers in the north should be watchtowers and forts (maybe permanent one with free upkeep units if u use Kingdoms)

DE navy should probably have VERY many movement points to represent their accses to the underworld sea?

Characters:

Malekith (faction leader of course, immortal by age, very many hitpoints and personal security due to his magical armor, if he is killed DE dies?)
    Morathi (faction heir probably?, also immortal by age, many hitpoints and extremely high personal security due to her enchantments)
    Malus Darkblade (general)
    Rakarth (general)
    Kouran (general)
    Tullaris (general)
    Shadowblade (extreme-high-level assasin)
    One or two additional minor family members (like Lord Yeurl for example)

I think malektih should not be able to get children, the other guys should be.

I hope you will find my list usefull (and acceptable). I would love to do something to help you guys finish this mod but since I can't modell or script I have only to offer you my services in writing unit's descriptions and stuff (for Dark elves and lizardmen). If you could recommend me some tutorials for modding I'd be really glad. Please let me help

you got it pretty much right but since i have book handy i can tell all.
    Units Champion
    Spearmen (recruited at barracks) Lordling
    Crossbowmen (recruited at archery range) Lordling
    Shades (i have no idea. they live in mountains) Blood Shades
    cold one knights (recruited at stables) Dread knight
    cold one chariots (recruited at stables) none
    reaper bolt thrower (recruited at ballista maker) none
    dark riders (recruited at stables) Herald
    witch elves (recruited at temple, like norse war clerics) Hag
    corsairs (recruited at port kind of like merchant cavalry militia) Reaver
    executioners (recruited at barracks) Draich-Master
    cauldron of blood (increases morale, decreases enemy morale) none
    harpies (undoable, they have flying) none
    black guard (high morale, pikes)
    War hydra (pretty sure it's undoable)

Major Heroes

Malekith (king)
    Morathi (mother of malekith/ maybe queen, maybe family member)
    Malus Darkbalde (great general, maybe decreases morale of allies and enemies, general or family member)
    Hellebron (leader of witch elves)
    Shadowblade (really good assassin)
    Rakarth (good general, bonus when commanding cavalry, general)
    Tullaris of Har Ganeth(inspires fear to enemy units, general)
    Kouran captain of the Black Guard(same as cauldron of blood, general)

Minor heroes

Highborn (family member)
    High Sorceress (dont no how magic will work)
    Noble (general)
    Sorceress (same as high sorceress)
    Assassin (he's an assassin)
    Beastmaster (i have no idea)

Special Abilities

More gold from sacking settlements
    Ships have more movement points
    Assassin start out with at least 3 agents skill
    More income from mines

And i know i maybe should've posted this in the suggestion box so i posted it there too.
    Last edited by Goncalou; 03-28-2008 at 21:49.

Hm yeah you posted pretty much the same I posted, actually I also did this with my faction's book in my hand but it's in german^^. Thanks though for telling me the correct names. What do you think about restricting the recruitment of certain units (executioners, black guard) to their home cities? Would make the DE much more of a challenge I think. Absoulutely agree with the special abilities.

Here another idea: have temples of khaine be allowed to hold sacrifices like the indian temples in Kingdoms, would be really cool^^.

I maybe wrong but I think there can only be one type of general that can be used.
    Actually I posted my stuff here because I thought it was correct to post DE suggestions to the DE thread but I may be wrong here too.^^
    Last edited by Kuningaz; 03-29-2008 at 08:40.

I like the idea of Making Malekith immortal, and giving him huge bonuses vrs assassins. He should have a pretty huge list of traits and ancillaries.

How should he show up on the battlefield? I think a chariot would be easier than a dragon.

I'm not sure if the faction should be eliminated if he dies. Fluff wise, there would be infighting, but I can't imagine the whole kingdom would just implode. I would suggest instead that all the chars should be immortal, and have bonuses vrs assassins, and children should be rare. In fact, you could have the message be "acknowledged heir" instead of "a child is born" we don't know how long it takes elves to grow up from birth, but it makes sense that not all children would enter the line of succession in dark elf society.

This way, dark elf chars are precious, but the enemy faction can't just off them.

One idea for making Malekith immortal and powerful without turning him into a total monster is to give him very low movement (-80%). It seems unrealistic that he would really fight in many battles unless it was some massive/crucial encounter.

Another idea might be to make him into a building. Yes I know it sounds weird , but it would be virtually impossible to kill him easily that way, plus he wouldnt be too involved in day to day affairs of the DE - which again seems realistic. He could though give some massive bonuses to the city where he is located and may be able to recruit some kind of very expensive chariot general for special occassions.

I stick by my original proposal that on his death the faction is eliminated, as without him the dark elf nation surely couldnt exist in the same state? If the whole area goes rebel but then has a chance to respawn as a new faction later on - symbolizing the emergence of a new ruler. Could that work? I dont know what kind of restrictions are built into what you can or cant mod in areas like this. Sorry, hope my suggestions are helpful...

Quote Originally Posted by Cambyses
    One idea for making Malekith immortal and powerful without turning him into a total monster is to give him very low movement (-80%). It seems unrealistic that he would really fight in many battles unless it was some massive/crucial encounter.

Another idea might be to make him into a building. Yes I know it sounds weird , but it would be virtually impossible to kill him easily that way, plus he wouldnt be too involved in day to day affairs of the DE - which again seems realistic. He could though give some massive bonuses to the city where he is located and may be able to recruit some kind of very expensive chariot general for special occassions.

I stick by my original proposal that on his death the faction is eliminated, as without him the dark elf nation surely couldnt exist in the same state? If the whole area goes rebel but then has a chance to respawn as a new faction later on - symbolizing the emergence of a new ruler. Could that work? I dont know what kind of restrictions are built into what you can or cant mod in areas like this. Sorry, hope my suggestions are helpful...
    well he does fight in battle, not sure how often though, and is concerned with DE society's affairs, but just making sure they hate and are attacking the high elves. and Kuningaz i think those are good ideas but not sure what modders think. and Caradrayan, i dnot think there should be big family tree, just malekith morathi, maybe few other major characters, and the rest of them be generals.
    Last edited by Goncalou; 04-22-2008 at 01:55.

ah now that makes sense, give the family tree huge personal security, no children, recruit generals as needed.

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

For all you dark elf fans out there, here's a work in progress for you. Shields and armor/helmet variations, as well as steel armguards coming soon!

For now, enjoy.

that's straight up delicious

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

I thought you might've been able to slap on some weapon variations, weapons being easier to make than armour and shields... but "that's straight up delicious", I must say.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Smile Re: Faction Thread 11: Dark Elves

thats a spicy meatballa. like that's freaking amazing.

Looks awesomastic.
    As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one. - Godwin's Law

Good, progress that has been expected has now been shown.

YOU SEE! YOU SEE! The mod lives dammit!

And for all it's a work-in-progress, still of the high quality we've come to expect, but still manage to be surprised by.

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

Firstly this mod looks amazing!

and i know that i may get slaughtered for asking this BUT

when ROUGHLY will the mod be playable?

and where will i be able to download it from?

please someone tell me because i hate waiting for amazing things

Welcome to the forums first of all , second the mod in in progress and many do not know the release date.

hehe thank you

sorry if i did post it in the wrong place

but I am incredibly excited about this mod and i suppose to redeem myself I better say something about Dark Elves

They are pretty cool I guess but i'm definately looking forward to the orcs and lizardmen more...

and chaos

Just looked in after a couple of weeks (actually thought this was dead, sry^^)
    I have to admit I almost shit myself when I saw those awsome dark-elves. Make more plz^^

Btw: Malekith IS an extremely powerfull superweapon and giving him lesser movement would be pretty unrealistic due to his dragon, but maybe you could give him a huge upkeep cost and free upkeep only in Naggaroth?
    Just a suggestion

Kuningaz i definitely have to agree with you there, but maybe make the upkeep just huge, not extremely huge. And whoever said to make him a building, you're a witch!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12