Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stele #3

Default Re: Stele #3

EB 2 is the only reason that Im buying MTWII
    thanks guys best of luck

Member Member Phoenician Soldier's Avatar

Fills me with profound sense of joy to know you guys are working so hard to get EBII up and running.

Keep up the excellent work as I'm sure everyone on these forums will join me thanking you for slamming your heads repeatedly against a hard surface whilst trying to bring us the next version of the best Total War game yet made.

On a slightly different note however you should know that your amazing efforts in EB v1.0 have totally ruined all other incarnations of TW for me and basically made me waste lots of money buying them all and the expansion packs.

Vanilla Rome is un-playable compared to Eb, MTW2 is also unplayable, just looking at the campaign map in MTW2 and then comparing it to EB1 makes me quit the game in disgust. Kingdoms is no better, EB still looks and plays in a much superior way but it's not even about looks. The campaign map in EB makes for a much more strategic game than the bland, flat, featureless sea of green that MTW2 offers us.

I'm really looking forward to the EB2 now, with battles being as good as they are in MTW2 and the campaign being as challanging as it is in EB1, it's likely I will still be playing EB2 over Empires when that finally arrives. Knowing CA they will make Empires a walk in the park for seasoned TW players and I will be forced to go back to EB2 for the challange it (crosses fingers) presents.

You are the future of TW, thanks to all involved in the project and I'm looking forward to getting my hayasdan on when the game is ready for us plebs to play.

PS. Touch the cavalry stats for the hayasdan family members and I will find you and pull off your fingers :).
    A little bit of nonsense is relished by the wise man.

~Willy Wonka

I guarantee you that all stats will have to be redone for EB2, including your precious. The lethality factor doesn't work in M2TW you see.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    I guarantee you that all stats will have to be redone for EB2, including your precious. The lethality factor doesn't work in M2TW you see.

NOOO!!!!!

Is there any new ways introduced in MTW2 (or kingdoms) to make the combat system more complex, or is that just a step backwards?
    Call me Ruma. Puupertti Ruma.

From what I have seen, but I haven't played some much, it is a step backward.

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team

Default Re: Stele 3

Quote Originally Posted by kambiz
    Any possibility for increasing the number of weapons a soldier can carry from 2 to 3 or more??? This is what I'm really concern about
    What I would rather see, instead, is an increase in the number of factions possible, and a wider map. I'm certain this is what a great number of others here would also drool about. Hawooh.
    "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." ~Salvor Hardin

Quote Originally Posted by soibean
    EB 2 is the only reason that Im buying MTWII
    thanks guys best of luck
    I already have M2TW. I already have Kingdoms. Didn't like them that much, really--I continue to prefer RTW. Because RTW has BI, Alexander, XGM, and especially EB. But if EB2 will be here already, I'm sure I'll begin to like M2TW for its sake. (What I lack at the moment is a 2-GHz computer, so that I'd be totally contented--at the moment.) Hawooh.
    "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." ~Salvor Hardin

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

Is there any new ways introduced in MTW2 (or kingdoms) to make the combat system more complex, or is that just a step backwards?
    Way to assign individual movement speeds to all units is very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouzafphaerre
    so is this patch out yet?
    i went to totalwar.com but got confused. there are two, 1.2 and 1.3 for MTWII with no dates of their release! i dont play MTWII so cant trace which of them i already have. im pretty sure i downloaded one of them some time last year, cant remember whether it was 1.2 or 1.3...

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss
    so is this patch out yet?
    i went to totalwar.com but got confused. there are two, 1.2 and 1.3 for MTWII with no dates of their release! i dont play MTWII so cant trace which of them i already have. im pretty sure i downloaded one of them some time last year, cant remember whether it was 1.2 or 1.3...
    Nope, it's not out yet. Personally I'd prefer a more complete patch to an early one.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Quote Originally Posted by Mouzafphaerre
    Nope, it's not out yet. Personally I'd prefer a more complete patch to an early one.
    ok, thanks.
    another quick question. when you get both 1.2 and 1.3 patches installed what will it say in options scroll's top right corner? right now i got 1.03...
    sorry for OT.
    thanks in advance

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

AFAIK it displays the latest version, ie that of the last path. But this is based on MTW and RTW, as well as EUIII (so it's a bit of a standard). I don't remember what exactly it looked like in MiNO.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

EB Concept Artist Member fenix3279's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kepper
    You most buy the MTW2 and Kingdoms because EB 2 is for Kingdoms
    So I have to buy both MTW2 AND Kingdoms or can I just get Kingdoms?
    My balloon collection

That which does not kill me makes me stronger ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

When you smoke the herb, it reveals to yourself ~ Bob Marley

I guess Kingdoms needs Mtw2 to work, but I'm not sure. You could of course wait for a "gold"-version to come out, which would contain both Mtw2 and Kingdoms.
    Call me Ruma. Puupertti Ruma.

agitated Member master of the puppets's Avatar
    where destruction lay around me from a fight i could not win

Talking Re: Stele #3

wait a sec... srry if i sound stupid but... so the mod isn't out yet

right?
    cuz it looks awesome and i need a good mod.
    A nation of sheep will beget a a government of wolves. Edward R. Murrow

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. —1 John 2:9

Hi master of the puppets...

EB 1 (on the ROME-engine) is already released but EB 2 (based on the Medieval2-engine) is still in its swaddling clothes

Greetings...

By the time you need Kingdoms there will be a discount bundle for under 30 dollars if the past is any indication.

What I really want to know is when we are going to get a Stele # 4
    The History of the Getai AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=79451
    Star Haven: A fantasy AAR using Deus lo Vult
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=83098

Gee, I can't wait for Stele #4!
    Not to mention prewievs on the new factions, and their units! That'd be sweet...

Well there shouldn't really be too much to talk about faction and unit wise. Excluding the new factions (don't know how many) the units should all be the same in keeping with historical accuracy.
    Ultimate Excellence Lies

Not In Winning

Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy

Without Ever Fighting

WotD 2D graphic Dude Member Gebeleisis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by konny
    From what I have seen, but I haven't played some much, it is a step backward.
    +1
    played the game a lot,im preety known in the meddie comunity but i agree with konny,it IS a step backwards.

those execution moves dough look nice and the posibility of in close screenies with cinematic editor rule,but in rest...meh

Quote Originally Posted by Gebeleisis
    +1
    played the game a lot,im preety known in the meddie comunity but i agree with konny,it IS a step backwards.

those execution moves dough look nice and the posibility of in close screenies with cinematic editor rule,but in rest...meh
    i disagree. whilst its not as advanced of a step forward as we would have expected it is certainly not a step backward either. it does have many improvements and new features. and AI is more moddable.

EB Historian/Artist Member Intrepid Adventurer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gebeleisis
    +1

So how is the MTW2 system a step backwards?

Overall worse Unit Cohesion, mostly.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Hello there,
    I was just wondering if exactly what your team has considered fro their unit cohesion, movement, and unity in combat. For mtwII in calvary fighting i found this mod by Niko and this vid very interesting for implementing in mods. The calvary attack would actually carry through the lines, no stop in front of them. Check them out ^^ ill put on next post

pretty nice cavalry attack, have any other videos of it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheHorde
    cool, but i dont think such an effect would be appropriate in regard to ancient cavalry. apart form maybe cataphracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Iasonis
    pretty nice cavalry attack, have any other videos of it?
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lxMLQLURtyU&NR=1

i know it might not be perfect for the cavalry attacks, however it is much better suited for it rather than jss stopping in front of enemies. At least this way u can utilize a cavalry assault to try to overrun enemy lines instead of trotting into them. Anyways thnx for looking into it

Looks like the mounts have a high mass value...
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast