Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a cheat to win a battle?

Default Is there a cheat to win a battle?

yo...now we are totally resigned.

we fought a battle over an hour...an heroic victory...and then...it had to happen, how we predicted. a CTD. should we tell you something? WE JUST AREN'T THAT SURPRISED!!! in contrast, we even SUSPECTED it, it just HAD TO HAPPEN!

after that we just stared about 5 minutes on the screen...i feeling like smashing my head on the table. my friend took my SIG 550 and wanted to shoot my monitor.

WHY ARE THERE SO MUCH FACTORS WHICH TAKE THE FUN AWAY OF THIS BASICALLY GREAT MOD????

it's just EDIT, does this also happen to you? now my question, is there any cheat to win a battle? Or something similar

we just can't take it anymore. we don't know if we ever have enough motivation to fight that battle again...it was so hard and nerve-wracking to win against these piles of arche EDIT

please give us a cheat...it's just...we find no words (that's not quite true, but we don't wanna risk a ban)
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 12-02-2007 at 05:05.

Default Re: Is there a cheat to win a battle?

Would you stop your bloody whining? All you do is whine. Years of work have gone into this mod, hard work it was too. I once did a simple task for the EB team. I spent 3 hours getting the co-ordinates for every city on the map. It was the most boring 3 hours i have ever spent in my life. I must have smoked a thousand cigarettes because it was frustrating. Now imagine having to do similar shit every day for 3 years, hours every day, typing code, skinning units etc. And then to have some whiney little bollocks like you complain about every single little thing you find wrong with the mod is a big kick in the nuts for everybody that worked hard on it. And they're still working hard to iron out what CTD's are left and even add new content for arseholes like you to enjoy!

And yes, there is a cheat. If you are the one attacking, bring down the console and type auto_win attacker, and autoresolve the battle. You will win with little casualties.

If you are attacked, bring down the console and type in auto_win defender, then autoresolve the battle and you will win with little casualties.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve
    And yes, there is a cheat. If you are the one attacking, bring down the console and type auto_win attacker, and autoresolve the battle. You will win with little casualties.

If you are attacked, bring down the console and type in auto_win defender, then autoresolve the battle and you will win with little casualties.

yeah, that worked great! thanks buddy! we're very eased now we regained the motivation to go on!

All in favor for a ban? You get a if you say yes
    Politics, just like the tropical forest, feeds itself from its own waste.

Another balloon for my collection? BAN!

I guess I'm in your sig now then =) But seriously though, all they do is complain about stuff in a serious disrespectful manner and blame the mod for all bugs which the EB mod isn't to blame for
    Politics, just like the tropical forest, feeds itself from its own waste.

Seriously, this guy could've done a simple google or just looked for cheats on ANY gaming website/forums that has Rome: Total War.

This guy is lazy at best and intentionally trying to p*ss people off at worst.
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind...but there is one thing that science cannot accept - and that is a personal God who meddles in the affairs of his creation."
    -Albert Einstein

Noone takes him seriously, so his ignorant ranting doesn't make any difference. He's limiting himself to one swearword per post now, which I suppose is the best we can hope for.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Look, are you all blind!! We have his secret!

He has admited it:

Quote Originally Posted by Rycalawre
    after that we just stared about 5 minutes on the screen...i feeling like smashing my head on the table. my friend took my SIG 550 and wanted to shoot my monitor.
    We refers to himself and his friend!

Now we have his secret and he is powerless!

OT why ban him? he's not really doing any harm. If you don't like him just ignore him, and he does seem to like the mod. Give him time. And you Dayve, no offence, but there was once a time, you know.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

...OR it could be an imaginary friend
    Brothers in Arms- A Legionaries AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...86#post1853386

Last night I had one of my best battles, I kicked ptolimaioi elite armie ass with Hay infantry and now to see some one being so disrespectful towards he team and make that kind of post

And I say yes for a ban where is my free baloon

@Long lost Caesar lol
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

High kings of the Mountains: A Hayasdan AAR

The Galatian, AtB Member Member Admetos's Avatar

I say yes to the ban. Now where's my balloon.

Support Asia ton Barbaron, the Eastern Mod for EB, on The Guild and TWC.
    Former barman at the EB Tavern.
    My balloons:

I say yes to the ban. I've had enough of this whiner.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Post Re: Is there a cheat to win a battle?

Quote Originally Posted by M to the A
    All in favor for a ban? You get a balloon if you say yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Karo
    And I say yes for a ban where is my free baloon
    Quote Originally Posted by Admetos
    I say yes to the ban. Now where's my balloon.
    Quote Originally Posted by pezhetaroi
    I say yes to the ban. I've had enough of this whiner.

Erm... Isn't it illegal to form a lynch mob?
    Last edited by Megas Methuselah; 12-02-2007 at 17:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah
    Erm... Isn't it illegal to form a lynch mob?
    no.

whether are you with us?

or against?

just kidding *gives you a *
    My first balloon:

Ah Rycalawre, my best example of offensive tone. I wouldn't want him getting banned. Maybe we can teach him some manners... Btw, his post isn't even offensive if you look beneath the skin. He's just pissed because of the CTD and doesn't even insult EB.

@Rycalawre, CTDs are pretty rare now. You should contact bovi and see what advice he has. And really watch what you're saying. You don't seem to have a lot of friends left here, but it'll work out if you want it to.

Thumbs up Re: Is there a cheat to win a battle?

yay, Cinna gave me a balloon. I knew I'd come out a winner, no matter if I joined the mob or stood against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaatu
    You don't seem to have a lot of friends left here, but it'll work out if you want it to.
    It doesn't matter whether he wants it to work out or not, the fact remains that he now has a posse of sworn enemies who are willing to "...hang him by the neck until his feet quit kicking."

I'm jokin'...

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

This forum is amazing. But there is one thing I don't know: if it is playing EB that causes funny posters, or if it is being a funny poster that causes playing EB...

I nominate this guy to the annual Bartix award!
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Thumbs up Re: Is there a cheat to win a battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodion someone-or-other
    I nominate this guy to the annual Bartix award!
    What guy...? I hope you mean me, because if you don't I'm gonna turn that lynch mob against YOU...

EDIT: I think I hijacked this thread.
    Last edited by Megas Methuselah; 12-02-2007 at 17:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaatu
    Ah Rycalawre, my best example of offensive tone. I wouldn't want him getting banned. Maybe we can teach him some manners... Btw, his post isn't even offensive if you look beneath the skin. He's just pissed because of the CTD and doesn't even insult EB.

@Rycalawre, CTDs are pretty rare now. You should contact bovi and see what advice he has. And really watch what you're saying. You don't seem to have a lot of friends left here, but it'll work out if you want it to.
    His post wasn't offensive in the typical sense, nor did it insult EB. I think what we all take issue with here, those of us who don't like Rycalawre, is that he is a whiner, who can't do anything and yet doesn't have the good sense to keep his mouth shut or at least be gracious and humble about his CTDs. No one owes it to him to create a CTD-free game. Even CA itself can't, commercial and professional company that it is, after all.

What we have had it up to here with is the fact that he whines and whines and whines and whines. Every time he and his imaginary friend have a CTD, they don't post it on the bug reports forum so that people who can do something about it can do something about it. No. They take up main forum space offending our eyes with yet another diatribe about CTDs take the fun away from the game. And having vented their spleen, they are satisfied. Such immaturity.

Rycalawre is only a junior member, with such a small handful of posts under his belt, but if you will look back you will realise almost all if not all indeed of his posts are either major whiners like this one, or his pathetic attempts to defend his whinings against people who would have him do more constructive things about his problems. In fact, if you look at it, it's almost as if he registered for an Org membership just so he could vent and whine whenever he wanted to. Have you ever seen him -participate- in any thread apart from those he starts himself? Self-centredness at its best.

Thaatu, can you wonder why people want him banned? Not that we can do anything about it, of course. And sadly, you're right, he isn't being offensive in quantitatively measureable ways, so since he isn't going against the 'letter of the law', we can't throw the book at him. But we can teach him manners the hard way. No soft way here, because it's been tried before in his previous whinings.

EDIT: Yes. Just to make sure I got my facts right, I ran a search on all of Rycalawre's posts to date. And yes, they are ALL whines, or replies to people's replies to their whines. And ALL of them start out with a radical and very hardhitting generalisation or accusation that might go along the lines of 'EB is so imbalanced!' or 'Come on, this is ridiculous! Do something about it, powers that be, or give us the CHEAT to do something about it!' Then they are pounded into the ground by people who really love EB, and they are forced to withdraw, only to come back, him and his imaginary friend, with yet another sweeping statement. They never learn. If they could learn manners, surely they would have learned it by now?

Now that I've reread all their posts again, I am convinced that there is no other person so full of complaints, so thick-skinned, and so utterly tactless as Rycalawre. I won't say so utterly offensive, because there are others who pip him.
    Last edited by pezhetairoi; 12-02-2007 at 18:28.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

i thought this thread had already been hijacked by the angry mob....

or are you hijacking a hijacked thread?
    My first balloon:

well, I am a member of the angry mob. So... everything's in order here, move along, move along.

:)

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

yay! *gets out his torch*

and what now? I'm kind of a mob noob
    My first balloon:

Quote Originally Posted by L.C.Cinna
    yay! *gets out his torch*

and what now? I'm kind of a mob noob
    Now you got your torch you join the rest of us and find some one to lynch
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

High kings of the Mountains: A Hayasdan AAR

I'm kinda neutral in this *goes sit in a tree*

I don't know this guy, but the way you portrait him, I can imagine he isn't the nicest guy on the planet, hmm?

Why ban him? Keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer =D

(Of course, if someone is set on fire, I'll be there in an instant)
    This space intentionally left blank.

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

You people are ridicolous.

EDIT: go and lynch Teleklos if you must, Dayve will explain why.
    Last edited by Pharnakes; 12-02-2007 at 18:53.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Quote Originally Posted by Elphir

(Of course, if someone is set on fire, I'll be there in an instant)
    Attaboy. xP

We're portraying him in one way, but do accept some level of bias (perhaps). You should read his own posts and threads to form your own opinion. There aren't that many. And it'll make interesting reading.

And the whole point of this lynch mob thing, by the way, is not seeking to get him banned (not after the initial anger dies down anyway), but to perhaps finally wake him up to reality when he sees what tactlessness can do.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

I say ban him .

Hell I first suggested a bannination so I deserve two ballons .

Join the Army: A Pontic AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96984
    ...uh coptic mother****er:A Makuria Comedy AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...93#post1814493

Talking Re: Is there a cheat to win a battle?

Quote Originally Posted by russia almighty
    Hell I first suggested a bannination so I deserve two ballons.
    Quagmire would find this sentence so funny.

This image describes what shall be done via our holy horde .
    Last edited by russia almighty; 12-02-2007 at 20:43.

Join the Army: A Pontic AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96984
    ...uh coptic mother****er:A Makuria Comedy AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...93#post1814493

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast