Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beta testing volunteers for 2.0

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Default Beta testing volunteers for 2.0

I ma quite sure it is necessary to test 2.0 before it is released so I will need a couple of men willing to spend some time performing that, boring task.

I have reserved two weeks for beta testing which will start when I have 2.0 up and running i.e. before February.

Any volunteer will need to be able to download from rapidshare because I am going to use that uploader to send testing version.

The second condition is that you will need to choose two factions from each of 4 major campaigns (can be the same) and play in ECW and Armada campaign a bit.

Your main task will be to look for any CTDs, animation glitches and most important to find out if any battlefield and especially castle map isn't working properly.
    More details will be added with the release of the 2.0 for testing.

Here is the list of the factions available to play in single player.
    I haven't decided yet if I will release MP install for testing.

Lion of the North
    =================

The Thirty Yars War is starting with the beginning of the Bohemian Rebellion (joined by Silesia and Moravia) - numerous states of the HRE will take their sides in the forthcoming conflict. Brandenburg has just secured its foothold in Eastern Prussia, but local authonomy is strong and supported by the Commonwealth of Poland and Lithuania, still it is a god beginning - besides weakening Duchy of Pomerania might be a perfect, future acquisition. Sweden and Denmark are after war won by Denmark and their strenght seems to be at the same level - the real test will come with the war in Germany. Sweden engaged in conflict with Poland under the reign of Gustav Adolph is preparing to break the deadlock in Livonia and hopefully to rise to the status of a great power. Poland won the chaotic war with Russia, but needs time to recover from debts and other burdens created by the recent war - its neighbours might not allow that, though. Russia will try to re-take the provinces lost to Poland, but that will take years for sure - it will take time to create an army able to fight both Swedes and Poles. Crimean Tartars see the time of opportunity in the weakness of its enemies, but raiding them for slaves is a different matter than expanding the borders of the state. Georgia is under terrible pressure from Persia and the Ottomans - it is a difficult time to that country, but maybe a conflict between the Ottomans and Persia will allow reaching for something more than mere survival. Persia is now powerful enough to seriously endanger the Ottoman Empire - but it is now or never since the large neighbour is able to rebuild its armies quickly... Venice and other Italian states will try to keep their distance from the grand european war, but pressure from the Spanish might not allow that. Savoy is even in worse situation - the French might try to open a new front in their soon to start war against Spain and that will be over dead body of Savoy itself. Switzerland keeps its precious neutrality, but with all the chaos around it it might be a good idea to actually reach for something more now ? The Ottoman Empire weakened by crisis of power is still a powerful state and surely can affor a major war on its own, but the growing danger from Persia might give litte choice where to fight...
    Ragusa manages to keep its distance from the affairs of the rest of Europe, but this merchant republic finds its trade disturbed by spiteful competition from Venice... Transylvania might be an Ottoman vassal, but it is its Golden Age and the line of weak rulers in Wallachia and Modavia gives its a chance to expand in that direction, still involvement of the Habsburgs in the new conflict allows regaining the old Hungarian territories in so called Royal Hungary and after that maybe even the Ottomans will not be able to stop an ambitious ruler of the carpathian duchy. France will see a dramatic rise to power under the wise guidiance of cardinal de Richelieu, but Spain - its main enemy will not wait for that doing nothing for sure. Spain itself will see the new war in Europe as the final opportunity to best the Dutch and end the decades long war, and perhaps to humilate the French as welll... The Dutch will have to react to the danger caused by Spanish and Habsburg victories if those will come at all, most likely it means rather sooner than later or at all. Habsburgs are now in the most serious danger in time of whole decades - Bohemian rebellion is just the begining, but the support of the Catholic League it enjoys should help a lot and who knows, maybe even bring order to chaos in the entire HRE. Finally England - even if for now it is more or less united with Scotland the union is fragile and poor shape of its army might not be enough if the Scots will decide to go their separate way and invade England to help them securing their independence.

Crimean Tartars (macsen rufus), Denmark, England (Rick), France(William Waller), Habsburgs (Rick), Venice, Poland , Russia (kamikhaan), Spain (William Waller), the Ottomans, the Netherlands (lukesmaximuse), Georgia, Hungary (Henry Ireton), Sweden (Warluster), Switzerland, Scotland, Florence, Persia (macsen rufus), Bavaria (lukesmaximuse), Saxony (marsal), Brandenburg (Warluster), Ragusa (Henry Ireton), Hessen, Pomerania, Courland (bob23), Palatinate (bob23), Bohemia (marsal), Munster, Savoy,

Age of Exploration
    ==================

Crimean Tartars (macsen rufus), Denmark, Egypt(Henry Ireton), England (kamikhaan), France(William Waller), Habsburgs, Venice, Poland, Russia (Rick), Spain(William Waller), the Ottomans (Rick), Portugal (kamikhaan), Georgia, Hungary, Sweden, the Knights (bob23), Switzerland (macsen rufus), Scotland, Moldavia, Livonian Confederation (marsal), Genoa, Florence (bob23), Milan (Warluster), Navarre, Bavaria, Saxony (lukesmaximuse), Brandenburg (Warluster), Granada (marsal), Kazan(Henry Ireton),

Religious Turmoil
    =================

Crimean Tartars (macsen rufus), Denmark (bob23), England (Warluster), France (Henry Ireton), Habsburgs (Rick), Venice (lukesmaximuse), Poland, Russia, Spain (Warluster), the Ottomans (kamikhaan), Portugal (lukesmaximuse), the Netherlands (kamikhaan), Georgia, Hungary, Sweden (bob23), the Knights, Switzerland, Scotland(William Waller), Wallachia, Ireland, Genoa, Florence, Persia, Hugenots (macsen rufus), Bavaria, Saxony (marsal), Brandenburg (Rick), Morocco (Henry Ireton), Hessen,

Sun King's Ambition
    ===================

Crimean Tartars (macsen rufus), Cossacks (marsal), Denmark(William Waller), England, France (bob23), Habsburgs (Rick), Venice (lukesmaximuse), Poland, Russia (kamikhaan), Spain (Rick), the Ottomans, Portugal (lukesmaximuse), the Netherlands (bob23), Georgia, Hungary, Sweden (kamikhaan), the Knights (marsal), Switzerland(William Waller),
    Covenant Scotland (Henry Ireton), Genoa, Florence, Bavaria (Warluster), Saxony, Brandenburg, Barbary States (macsen rufus), Savoy (Warluster), Circassia, Wurtemberg, Montenegro (Henry Ireton),

Spanish Armada
    ==============

Spain (Army of Flandres), England

ECW
    ====

Covenant Scots, Confederate Irish, Roundheads, Cavaliers,

PLease, chose your two factions after you decide to volunteer - you are free to chose factions not taken by anybody at the moment you post your message so read what others chose.

Remember - it will demand some of your spare time, because you will HAVE TO PLAY if you volunteer - I will not be able to re-check every single faction which will have its dedicated testers.
    Last edited by cegorach; 02-18-2008 at 12:32.

Default Re: Beta testing volunteers for 2.0

I was asked what is necessary to be a capable beta tester.

So here it is.

Ability to play, previous experience with MTW VI - preferably with patched PMTW 1.5 too (though that might be gained RIGHT NOW i.e. before you will receive 2.0).
    You will also need to have enough spare time to play the game for a couple of hours every day to test those 2 factions in each major campaign for at least 50 turns each.

Obviously you will have to write down the errors, problems and things you will find 'not right'.

Of course each time you should be able to point out what is a mistake noting down a unit's/buildings name, faction's name or the province where a problem with a map appears.

The final thing would be to quicksave each turn in case of a problem to repeat a turn if you encounter a major problem ('spy rebellions', CTDs etc) or to make a screenshot or write down more details.

So in general to go bug hunting.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ceg, I'd love to volunteer to test it out.

LotN: Poland, Russia

AoE: Portugal, England

Religious Turmoil: Ottomans, Netherlands

SK'sA: Sweden, Russia
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 01-12-2008 at 23:48.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Sign me up, too! I wanna see that new map everyone's talking about And I need the occasional change of scenery

Lion of the North
    =================

Crimean Tartars, Persia

Age of Exploration
    ==================

Crimean Tartars, Switzerland

Religious Turmoil
    =================

Crimean Tartars, Hugenots

Sun King's Ambition
    ===================

Crimean Tartars, Barbary States

Did I ever mention the Crimean Khanate was one of my favourite factions in v1.5?
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

So it's coming soon? Great! This looks incredible.

There's a full-blown grand campaign too? Even better!
    I'm just sorry I can't beta-test at the moment. But I will keep a close look on this.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Savaran Commander Member Hound of Ulster's Avatar

I can't beta test either (school etc.) but if you were to release the 2.0 soon, I will be the first to notify you of any issues I encounter.
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Ar nDuctas' O'Dougherty clan motto

'In Peace, sons bury thier fathers; In War, fathers bury thier sons' Thucydides

'Forth Eorlingas!' motto of the Riders of Rohan

'dammit, In for a Penny, In for a Pound!' the Duke of Wellington

@macsen rufus

Good choice with the Tartars - they will be one of the factions making greatest use of some newest upgrades.

@Warmaster Horus

There's a full-blown grand campaign too? Even better!

Errr.... 1,5 and the patch give you 3 campaigns already...

@Hound of Ulster
    I can't beta test either (school etc.) but if you were to release the 2.0 soon, I will be the first to notify you of any issues I encounter.

Nice try. ;) I plan to use 2 full weeks for testing which will begin at the end of the month.

This time it will have to be all properly done tp eliminate as many bugs as possible.

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Good choice with the Tartars - they will be one of the factions making greatest use of some newest upgrades.
    Yay, cool! If it's anything like the earlier version, then getting through the first few years is the tough part, then it's full-on conquest I wonder if I'll be able to turn the Polish king into a zero-influence gibbering lunatic again
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

I must have missed that. Err... Sorry! I'll go try them out now.
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Savaran Commander Member Hound of Ulster's Avatar

that's fine cegorach. the less bugs the better. can't wait to try out the Confederate Irish.
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Ar nDuctas' O'Dougherty clan motto

'In Peace, sons bury thier fathers; In War, fathers bury thier sons' Thucydides

'Forth Eorlingas!' motto of the Riders of Rohan

'dammit, In for a Penny, In for a Pound!' the Duke of Wellington

Hiya, I haven't played Pike and Musket before, (though I've wanted to) but I've got plenty of time on my hands. Don't know if you ment that only people who have experience with the mod should play (understandable) or people who have played MTW: VI, which I have. How big is the download, though? I have dial-up. I think I've used a download manager with rapidshare before, so I can probably manage to get it.

I have had quite bit of experience for PM (thanks for that ) and I would be happy to beta test.

LN
    Courland, Palatinate

AE
    Knights, Florence

RT
    Sweden, Denmark

SKA
    Netherlands, France

Quote Originally Posted by Bellum
    Hiya, I haven't played Pike and Musket before, (though I've wanted to) but I've got plenty of time on my hands. Don't know if you ment that only people who have experience with the mod should play (understandable) or people who have played MTW: VI, which I have. How big is the download, though? I have dial-up. I think I've used a download manager with rapidshare before, so I can probably manage to get it.

The download for 2.0 will surely be larger than in 1.5 and patch because it will combine both files in one, simplified install and add all the new goodies for the mod.

You can volunteer anyway if you like, but I suggest to try 1.5 first to avoid reporting things which are already explained and are intentional.

The list has beeen edited - taken factions are marked so it is easier to chose now.

In the future when the betatesting will start each of you will receive his/her own thread to report errors.

Default Re : Beta testing volunteers for 2.0

It's for M2TW or RTW ?
    ~ Click on the picture below to see First Age of Beleriand & Middle-Earth in a Total War modification ~

Default Re: Re : Beta testing volunteers for 2.0

Heh, it's for MTW.

Hi,

As per our PM exchange I am Happy to test Religous Turmoil, Prefered faction England or France but happy to take any faction that would help you.

Cheers

You must choose 2 factions in EACH, major campaign so together 8 factions which might be 2 the same, but repeated 4 times.

Check the list in the first post for the available factions to choose from. ;)

Now I have managed to grasp what is required I volunteer for the following

AGE OF EXPLORATION = Spain - France

RELIGOUS TURMOIL = Scotland - Switzland

LION OF THE NORTH = France - Spain

SUN KING = Swiss - Denmark

Thanks

Edited.

I have added closed threads for you to use when the release is made for the testers.

I will unlock the threads when it starts.

I assume it will happen in time of next 7-9 days, hopefully with more testers, because I need at least two.
    Last edited by cegorach; 01-22-2008 at 18:26.

Hi ceg i think the list below is ok.
    cheers luke

lion of the north
    the Netherlands
    Bavaria

Age of Exploration
    Saxony
    Bavaria

Sun King's Ambition
    Portugal
    Venice

Religious Turmoil
    Portugal
    Venice

Edited.

Still some of most exciting factions are waiting Bohemia, Circassia, Montenegro, Hungary, Habsburgs...

Still 9 days left for someone to chose them. I will better go back to work anyway...

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

LotN: Brandenburg, Sweden.
    AoE: Milan Brandenburg
    RT: England, Spain
    SKA: Savoy, Bavaria
    SA: Uh, do we choose one; if so Spain I guess.
    ECW: Roundheads

I am quite excicted about this new patch; you certianly have added a boatalod of awesome new factions! (Nations like Ragusa and Savoy, whoa!)

EDITED

No need to chose in British campaigns - you can take whatever you like there.

Unhappy Re: Beta testing volunteers for 2.0

Hi.

Excuse me for my English.

If you want, I will be pleased help you. But I have very little time (I can play only about 1-2 hours/day ).

My faction:
    LN: Bohemian, Habsburg, (Poland, Russia)
    AE: Habsburg, Poland, (Russia)
    RT: Habsburg, Poland, (Russia)
    SKA: Habsburg, Poland (Russia, Cossacks)
    ECW: Cavalier

Thanks for your excellent mod.

Quote Originally Posted by cegorach
    Edited.

Still some of most exciting factions are waiting Bohemia, Circassia, Montenegro, Hungary, Habsburgs...

Still 9 days left for someone to chose them. I will better go back to work anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by marsal
    Hi.

Excuse me for my English.

If you want, I will be pleased help you. But I have very little time (I can play only about 1-2 hours/day ).

My faction:
    LN: Bohemian, Habsburg, (Poland, Russia)
    AE: Habsburg, Poland, (Russia)
    RT: Habsburg, Poland, (Russia)
    SKA: Habsburg, Poland (Russia, Cossacks)
    ECW: Cavalier

Thanks for your excellent mod.

Hmmm...

Since you have so little time, I can offer you to test 2 small factions in each of 4 major campaigns - chose those which really look small - ne province-two tops.

So for example you can take the Cossacks - taking giants like Habsburgs, Poland or Russia will be too much time consuming, especially with a number of options available to each of those factions.

Cheers !

Thanks.

My new countries :

LN: Saxony, Bohemia?? or Savoy
    AE: Livonian Confederation, Granada
    RT: Saxony, Bavaria
    SKA: Cossacks, The Knights

All right.

I volenteer for England and France in Lion of the North and Ottomans and Hapsburgs in Age of Exploration. Since somehow 1.5 is bugged for me, this might to. I can help root out problems like that.

I can't say that for now - I would prefer people who could play 1.5 in th first place. Agter all there is no bug hunting if the entire game doesn't start...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast