Greetings to all and apologies, this has turned into a bit of an essay!

Lords of Midnight is a game released back in 1984 on the Spectrum and the Commodore 64 that was at the time of release touted as a mix between strategy and adventure written by a man called Mike Singleton.

For more information visit http://www.icemark.com/tower/

Quite recently I discovered an online multiplayer version of the game (Midnight MU) originally developed by Jean-Yves and have spent many happy hours playing and discussing the games in the forums and during one such discussion an idea was formed.......why not make a Total War Mod of Midnight, so that is how we got to this stage! We are currently using RTW 1.5 as a base, but after some advice this may change at a later date.

For more information on Midnight MU (and for those who can remember the good old days of beating up on Doomdarks hoards) you can visit

http://forum.midnightmu.com/index.php

Though you do need to register to see most of the forums.

Right back on topic here.
My own modding experience started by making all factions playable, then the odd tweak here and there to unit stats, buildings and ancillaries. Using the guides on these forums I then devised my own personal Mod for RTW making it as I felt it should be. ZoR, no more fantasy units, many units added to factions depending on regions (creten archers for all recruitable in Crete for example) So as you can imagine moving up a level to creating a whole new world/map with all new factions has proven quite daunting. Quite quickly I had 2 willing assistants in Mitch23 & Major Defect (known as Starshatter in MMU) and that comprises our Mod team. We are enthusiastic but not experienced!

We have a basic map that works ok, have begun renaming factions and characters and are almost done with changing unit names and stats. We will then be looking to tweak ancillaries and traits a little before making our 1st release as a beta to a small group of players to test for balance at that stage.

Most of the graphics will still be from RTW and this is where we hit our biggest brick wall, none of us have the programs or the skills to create models. Now as this is a labour of love rather than an attempt to create a perfect match we are not to fussed if things aren't quite right. After asking around we have found some models we can "steal" (this is of course with prior permission, and with credit once it is released) for quite a few things, and massive thanks goto Dul Gulder (Master of None on TWC) for helping point us in the right direction here and also for providing some very good models we can use. But if there are any Modders with the skills/programs to assist us and you would like to help please feel free to send me a message

We still need to find a suitable "standing stone" to represent Lilths on the campaign map as well as replacing the characters that appear there. And of course the units themselves!

Thats it for now - I'll try and post some screen shots of the campaign map if I can work out how, just to prove we are making progress and I'm not making this up!!!!

thanks for reading

Mike