Thread: Progress Report

Default Progress Report

Okay, I've gotten almost nothing done this weekend, but I wanted to give an update anyways.

As I've said before, I'm really learning some of this, so a lot of it is trial and error... one of the reason I desperately need some experienced scripters/modelers/skinners on this project eventually.

I have the unit types worked out for the demo factions, but I haven't skinned them yet. The nice thing about the Demo is that I don't have any alternative races, so I should be able to do the demo entirely myself once I am more comfortable with my own graphics work.

As for the map: I'm not happy with it, but that's partially due to the landscape I'm using. The area this takes place in is fairly barren and ugly, so the map's gonna be barren and ugly. I'm still trying to come up with a way to make it less so, just so it's not so hard on the eyes and kills interest rather than building it. This is the main reason I haven't released any screenshots of it. It looks like shit. It's FUNCTIONAL, no doubt, I can load it up in game and recognize features, but I don't like looking at a brown bumpy landscape with virtually no change save a desert on in the southeast. So, yeah, I'm going to play with it before i release anything.

Factions: I don't yet have faction icons and banners, but that's the easy part. The part I'm more worried about is unit skins. Many of the units require very little skinning (Khur is more or less the turks with some lightly armored Knights, the Nerakans are basically the Teutonic Knights)... I do need a couple of alternate race types... specifically, elves. Thankfully, that's not too tough, just humans wearing green'll do the job.

Scripting: I'm doing VERY little for the demo, because that's not what I'm showing off. I'm just giving DL fans the chance to play a mod that involves landscapes, units, and characters they are familiar with. The demo exists to show people despite my lack of experience, I'm a good learner and can be competent at this. I'm not going to go all out in the scripting on my first run here... the Rise of Solamnia and Minotaur Wars campaigns will be a LOT more involved.

So yeah, production has begun, though I've been busy this week and have done little lately, it's progressing, though not everywhere where I want it too be. I'm thinking I might make up a few units just to show off screen shots next week. We'll see.

Default AW: Progress Report

Every news are good news.

Keep on learning and learning and learning. I'm really looking forward to your screens.
    The thing with the skinning.... I Think it's not so hard. I skinned a lot for GhostRecon so perhaps I can help u with this. Perhaps u can wrap one of your models with an original skin from m2tw and I replace it with the things u want. Would that be a help for u?

Maybe I will need some help with the map... I'm busy with the renaming in the *.txt file and I don't know if I get the map running. Perhaps u could help me out of this when it's time.

So keep your head up and keep onm modding. Dragonlance and its fans need your mod.