Thread: A Crazy idea with s***tloads of work....

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Default A Crazy idea with s***tloads of work....

I know that is too late for EB1 but why dont you guys use batches to have 50 or more factions?
    Like if I want to play as Pergamos I run the batch and bam a small faction thats on the other end of the world that will get destroyed anyway by the time I get there gets replaced by the faction that I want to play...
    I know that it will take loads of work to make this so dont jump on me
    but I believe that it will elevate the mod even higher on the pedestal of godlike...
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar

Default Re: A Crazy idea with s***tloads of work....

A crazy idea indeed.
    I'm of course no member of the EB team but if I was I would clearly disagree.
    Just think about the necessary balance testing for the incredibly high number of possible combinations!
    It would surely take years... and i'd like to play EB2 within the next two years.
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

"The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

I think the topic title explains matters quite well...
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey S
    I think the topic title explains matters quite well...
    Well I know that there is lots of work in this but imagine the possibilities all the people that want a faction get one....sadly its beyond the realm of feasibility...
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Not too long ago, we've had a debate about a similar thing; out of a perceived (but proven wrong, luckily!) issue with the GUI of M2TW-K...

In short: we felt that the interaction between the various factions (which sadly is somewhat limitted in RTW, but looks much more promising with M2TW) is too good to give up; meaning the use of batch files competely shifts the diplomatic workings and balancing.

Also it appears that CA has not increased the culture-limit...

-Those are the two main game-play/design concerns that will probably prevent any such proposal from coming to life, apart from the added work-load...
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.