Page 93 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 3118

Thread: Backroom Video Thread

Default Re: Backroom Video Thread

I dress like that when I meet my ex-wife.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

OMG, that's AWESOME...

I can't even imagine the amount of cocaine that went into coming up with that idea...

EDIT: As to why men have shorter life spans...

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    This is so stupid:

They should get arrested for animal cruelty, preferably in the country where they did that.
    I already know how that show is going to go down. There will be five minute segments of show with 10 minute commercial breaks in-between. Each segment will be a repeat of the last one, to lure in channel surfers, and just before the break they'll make you think the guy is finally going to get eaten after the next commercials. This will go on for 60 minutes, when finally he'll get eaten and it won't be as cool as you thought it would be.

Husar 

You know it makes sense.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Husar 

Hilarious or batshit crazy? I'll let you decide.

She's probably right.

Satan laughs when I turn over a bottle, in order to consume an energy drink? Geez, get a life, Beelzebub.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Wait so do these Monster cans actually have the "f" word visible on the can in the product information section? And use the term "MILF" on their boxes?

That is unacceptable IMO if they want to put these on open display in shops.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    Wait so do these Monster cans actually have the "f" word visible on the can in the product information section? And use the term "MILF" on their boxes?

Their target group isn't exactly people like you Rhyf... They target teen and young adult men into extreme sports... Dropping the F-bomb really wont make their customers raise an eyebrow.

I was sponsored by Monster

Oh my aching sides.......

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post

Oh my aching sides.......
    I think I'm a Kiai master, too!

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Pure awesomeness... Inspirational, for sure!!

I feel humbled.

That's cool, but it only works in America.

That's cool, but it only works in America.
    I don't mean to derail topic, but I am honestly sad you feel that way

I'm pretty sure he meant the link/video.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post

I like to think they did the research and all the focus groups indicated that MILF's really do love Monster Energy. I support truth in advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    I don't mean to derail topic, but I am honestly sad you feel that way
    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    I'm pretty sure he meant the link/video.
    Only in America can people heal themselves by believing in themselves and capitalism/freedom.
    And because the imperial system is so close to the body that it enables self-healing.

What I think you're getting at is, America invented the inspirational training montage, so if any American believes "really strongly" in freedom and justice and stuff, he'll automatically experience that life-changing montage.

This is why America is so fierce about copyright law.

If anyone else were to uncover the secret of the training montage, then America would lose a significant source of its power.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Husar 

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    America would lose a significant source of its power.
    Also known as the sky-high rate of obese people consumers who are very inspired to get their daily workout of consumption/healing they can't afford. I'm just glad that the yoga guy in the video made the veteran pay a hefty price because otherwise lady capitalism would cry because only the market price for healing a guy is representative of true freedom.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Technically it is possible for someone over a long time to retrain their brain and muscles to adapt to a rewiring. By the video, this person has been healing over a few years to a decade or so, so he is able to get my body back into a shape which leads to a more comfortable life-style. As weird as a choice Yoga might be, it is the balancing aspect of it which probably helped with the retraining.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaexz View Post
    Technically it is possible for someone over a long time to retrain their brain and muscles to adapt to a rewiring. By the video, this person has been healing over a few years to a decade or so, so he is able to get my body back into a shape which leads to a more comfortable life-style. As weird as a choice Yoga might be, it is the balancing aspect of it which probably helped with the retraining.
    What rewiring? I assume the pressures from the landings in the parachute jumps he performed caused some disk in his spine to push into the nerve cells there and when he started to train with yoga, the strength he gained and the exercise caused a recovery of his spine, releasing the pressure on the nerves, which then recovered as well. I don't think he had any brain damage as it seemed like only his legs were affected, hinting at some damage in the lower back. Gaining weight was probably not helpful for the recovery in the first place as it increased the weight and pressure on his already damaged spine.

Of course it's great that he managed to recover, but as he says in the video, it's probably owed largely to the yoga guy who wanted to help him for free because he seems to have a heart.

Now if he had received some proper care from someone with the right power, money and maybe even resposnsibilty because he worked for them right from the start, maybe he could have saved himself the downtrodden times, maybe the yoga teacher wouldn't have had to help him for free and maybe he could have become a productive member of society even earlier. Or maybe he is just a welfare leecher who got lucky/was touched by the spirit of capitalism and productivity.
    I'm really confused these days, but it's an uplifting story.

Wow Husar, you sound bitter...

I agree that the state should have helped him more, of course.

But really, this man got beaten by the system... And then decided to man up and show why he was a paratrooper in the first place.

Working as ski instructor, I always got the private lessons with hindered people in the ski school. And the sheer willpower I have experienced, has been absolutely humbling to me.

Was this guy who came down a week every year, for 5 years, to learn to ski. He only had one leg though.... To teach him to ski was easy, the real problem was the pure physical effort, as skiing on one leg takes a LOT, I really mean a LOT, more muscle power than skiing on two.

When he finally skied down the whole mountain with me, I cried.

I'm not sure even I with superior technique and well fit would have managed to ski down that mountain on one leg!!

Inspirational REAL stuff is hard enough to come by as is, and this seems legitimate. Not some "Things will get better!!" photoshop job on Facebook.

When someone not only takes the effort to complete the journey, but also takes his time to try and inspire others (and in such a open honest way as well)... I dunno, I can't help but worry over that you feel the need to smash it.

How's life mate, are you ok?

I didn't smash him, I smashed the people who didn't help him right away. Like, you know, his insurance, the gubmint, the milleturry and the yoga teachers who didn't even let him try their courses.

And I also saw quite a few similar stories before so I do not think it's incredibly special, but I'm happy for him anyway, thought I mentioned that.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What rewiring?
    Thought it was Spinal Nerve damage he had, hence the regeneration of nerve tissue and 'rewriting' as he had to relearn how to use his legs.

Kind of thing that can occur when recovering from a Stroke.
    Last edited by Beskar; 11-21-2014 at 15:45.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

LOL I absolutily fell for this one http://www.geenstijl.nl/mt/archieven....html#comments

Don't mind the Dutch text

Hilarious, period.

Strangely compelling. As an ex-bassist, I'd love to learn to play the double bass, such a 'purer; sound.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

wow. This is clever http://www.bekijkdezevideo.nl/video/...ein-langs-komt

Quite a shocker

Page 93 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast