Thread: A few Ideas

Default A few Ideas

Hello everyone, i was reading throght the posts and i deas here when i came up with a few ideas for the Europa Barbarorum II.

1. Characters have more movement points (Roman roads let people move around more efficiently)

2. Use character portriats from RTW instead of M2TW (Legoin commanders didnt look like knights)

3. more unit slots for armies to recreate the number of troops in leigons (they numbered in the thausands

4. more children are born more often (this was essential back then because most children died)

5. have a higher tragic death rate

6. Characters age once every 4 turns (lets characters do more and gain more traits and experince)

7. A system that records the amount of battles a general has fought (like in the Deus Lo Volt mod)

9. Have cites have the ability to grow to massive numbers

10. people in big cites starve if there isny enough food (bad farming season)

11. More political avalibility than in rtw.

12. more generals leave and start civil wars

Tell me what you think, im not sure if a few are possible .

thanks for reading.

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

Default Re: A few Ideas

3. isn't possible and the death rate back then wasn't that high, particularly not for rulers e.g. one of the kings of either seleukia or ptolemaiic Egypt lived to be 84.
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

1- Gameplay balancing and AI behaviour are the reasons for the movement points in EB1 (which are higher than vanilla). It will probably have to be similar in EB2. Since it is a turn based game, there has to be some sort of restriction.

2- Using material from a game that not everyone owns in a different game might not work...

3- Impossible due to hardcoding. The engine allows only 20 units in one army and a max of 240 men in one unit (though I think 200 per unit might be the M2 max).

4- The game engine dictates the birthrate to equal approximately the same number of family members as towns you own. Since it is impossible to kill people/children through scripting, it would be impossible to represent child mortalities anyways.

5- Again, impossible to script deaths.

6- Characters gain age every winter season. EB2 will probably have the same four-turn per year system with three 'summers' and one winter so that characters will age one year per year (four turns).

7-

8-

9- There is a lot of internal concepting on population growth, farming, trade, and city sizes. All I can say is look forward to previews or the eventual release.

10- See previous...

11- Politics and diplomacy are hardcoded and we are bound by the system.

12- There was concepting on this idea of loyalty, too...

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

If you don&#180;t have time to read MarcusAureliusAntonius excellent answer, I&#180;ll sum it up in one word for you: No.
    Either they ain&#180;t doable, or they EB team don&#180;t want to do them (for good reasons).
    Except maybe 9 and 12, but those you won&#180;t get any answers on for let&#180;s say... 1 and a half year.
    BTW, I love EB!! WEHA!
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    2- Using material from a game that not everyone owns in a different game might not work...

Then you have a HUGE load of work in your hands...because you wont use the architecture also and loads for 2d stuff and will have yo make your own...I expect EBII 0.75 in late 2009...

3- Impossible due to hardcoding. The engine allows only 20 units in one army and a max of 240 men in one unit (though I think 200 per unit might be the M2 max).

In Kingdoms where will EBII be based its 240...

11- Politics and diplomacy are hardcoded and we are bound by the system.

Diplomacy is decoded...So x10 times more work...

Im really sad...
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

Some parts of diplomacy is moddable, but new options etc. cannot be added in.

1. More movement points: I agree, but there are gameplay reasons to consider. Mod them in yourself, thats what i'll be doing.

2. Rome portraits: You seriously think they will keep the great-helm clad english knights in there for Casse or something? That ones pretty safe.

3. More unit slots: Good point, but unfortunatly hardcoded.

4. More children: Just think of it this way, if they dont survive to adulthood they are not worth being put in the family tree, so they would be pointless.

5. More deaths: Remember, nobles and royals lived longer than plebs, especially in the immense technology of Rome and some peoples in the east.

6. Don't really get this one

7. Battle count for generals: good idea, i hope they consider it

9. Bigger city population: Should be included, no worries as i suspect it can be modded in easily unless it is hardcoded in some way.

10. Lack of food effects population: Hard to implement, but you can bet most of your internal organs they would do it if it were possible.

11. Diplomacy: ... is more or less hardcoded for the purposes of any real improvements but some will be made from Rome, of course.

12. More civil wars and rebellious generals: Should be factionally dependant, but a possibility with the new loyalty function.
    Last edited by Copperknickers; 02-06-2008 at 22:58.
    Ultimate Excellence Lies

Not In Winning

Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy

Without Ever Fighting